forum

[Archived] Can play OSU with virtual machine(Windows Hyper-V)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Wgling
Problem details:
When open OSU with Virtual Machine(created by hyper v).
It show a prompt that osu! was unable to obtain a graphics context.
Restart virtual machine still can't be normal

Error message:
#=zEklR5F0R4Kb6keygN_jDvoL81DQx: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z7MCB1rdWj8dFm0_bJB5fT_dj9doL.#=zu59DKQI=(Int32 #=zTqjeUwk=, Int32 #=zOYUGTUE=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zTmYfmJg=)
at #=zrzvZthCmCUfykjX4mV7h8PE=.#=zeTvVLjmIa$1R(GraphicsContextFlags #=zTmYfmJg=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=zrzvZthCmCUfykjX4mV7h8PE=.#=zeTvVLjmIa$1R(GraphicsContextFlags #=zTmYfmJg=)
at #=zrzvZthCmCUfykjX4mV7h8PE=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z2SqW8Xw=)
at #=zZQ7u3cjCR_7wmUKGLxmysYegq161.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z2SqW8Xw=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zBuzW$D_rbOuG3xMrh4WewaQ=.WndProc(Message& #=zjnxym28=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Giai tich 2
Because your VM doesn't support rendering OpenGL.
This error is the same when someone has a GPU and/or driver that does not support OpenGL.

And why would you play the game in a VM anyways? The delay is enormous.
Ryu Sei
Try compatibility mode?

Giai tich 2 wrote:

I heard some virtual machines can achieve great, if not superior performance compared to native run. It requires a lot of tinkering, and mostly seen in Linux hosts and Windows guest. I'm still skeptical with it though especially it's a rhythm game.
BlueChinchompa

Giai tich 2 wrote:

Because your VM doesn't support rendering OpenGL.
This error is the same when someone has a GPU and/or driver that does not support OpenGL.

Lots of Linux users do. (and maybe mac?)
Giai tich 2

BlueChinchompa wrote:

Lots of Linux users do. (and maybe mac?)
I'm a Linux user. But I don't use a VM to play.
WINE is a "compatibility layer" and not a VM or emulator at all.

Ryu Sei wrote:

I heard some virtual machines can achieve great, if not superior performance compared to native run. It requires a lot of tinkering, and mostly seen in Linux hosts and Windows guest. I'm still skeptical with it though especially it's a rhythm game.
VM such as VirtualBox, VMWare, ... is not good at all for a rhythm game.
With qemu, I haven't reached the peak of tinkering yet but it's still bad. :'(

Ryu Sei wrote:

Try compatibility mode?
The OP probably can't even run the game yet to change that option.
You can open the osu!.<yourPCusername>.cfg, find the line "CompatibilityContext" and set the value to 1. The file may not even get created yet since the game failed to run, so you can read this as a reference to make a config file: wiki/en/Client/Program_files/User_configuration_file