forum

Daydreaming while playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jole
Well, as you can probably tell from the thread title, I have come across several cases of daydreaming when playing o!m.

I'll start playing a song and after about one third of the song I'll start dozing off to my own world. By the end of the song I won't even notice I've played through it, but I'll still play on the same level as before, and sometimes even better. It doesn't matter if it's a song I can full combo easily or if it's a song I can barely pass.

Have you ever experienced this? It seems quite odd to me and I've never heard of anyone experiencing this before :?
Agka
It's normal.

It's usually called getting "zoned in".
El Koko
sometimes i play better when i'm daydreaming lol (not exactly playing better - i just lose excessive concentration that ends up making me play poorly)
Topic Starter
Jole

Agka wrote:

It's normal.

It's usually called getting "zoned in".
Thank you for the clarification
Bobbias
Yep. Completely normal. Once you get good enough that you don't have to concentrate 100% on the game in order to play, it's actually far less common to be that completely focused on the game. I'm only 100% completely focused on the game when I'm paying something extremely difficult, and I need that focus.
Envisionise
I do this a lot. For easy songs, i concentrate too much and i get worse than what i could actually get. Whereas on harder songs (for my level) i tend to focus less, i can't concentrate because thres so much happening. And then i just lose it and bam i pass it.
Topic Starter
Jole

Envisionise wrote:

i concentrate too much and i get worse than what i could actually get.
I now realize why I suffer on easy songs
Bobbias
I do terrible on easy stuff. Not enough challenge to keep me working off reflexes or force me to concentrate hard, so I end up being way too conscious of what I'm doing and miss random notes, or get much worse acc than I should be able to :/
Taadashi

Bobbias wrote:

I do terrible on easy stuff. Not enough challenge to keep me working off reflexes or force me to concentrate hard, so I end up being way too conscious of what I'm doing and miss random notes, or get much worse acc than I should be able to :/
I can't even 100% the easiest 7k chart lol. Due to overconcentration on timing.
Xcrypt
Happens a lot in purely mechanical oriented games when you learned how to execute the task. Don't think it's a good thing though.