Should I reupload my Egoless beatmap?

Yes
36.36%
No
63.64%
Total votes: 11
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I did mine a bit too late since I am just new, but I attempted to make a map for Egoless, that Clone Hero custom song on standard, but I decided to can and get it deleted because I'm new and everyone would just think I am bad at that, so I need some steps on how to accurately make a collab map.
[[[[[[
1. choose what difficulty setting, base sv, and concept the map's gonna have
2. mapper a map the first part
3. mapper a send the .osb file of the part after it's finished to mapper b
4. mapper b do steps 2. and 3. and both mappers repeat the process 'til the map is complete
5. mod the map (you can do this step at any point pass the step 2) you may need to remap a part or two if it doesn't fit with the rest of the map
6. profit

don't try to flex your mapping too much unless that's the point of the collab, that will result in an incoherent map
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
How do I get collaborators though? That is the part I'm stuck on.
Jason X
If you got friends who are mapping you could ask them, otherwise, there is always the possibility to use the Beatmap Projects forum.
For that read the Guidelines on how to use said forum and then follow the lead of how others had posted there.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I posted there and got ignored, so I deleted the original post.
WitherMite
well, mapping is a social game, you'll need to find people who will map a collab with you or just let a post sit in the beatmap projects, bumping if it gets too buried, until someone is interested.

People will likely check your mapsets on your profile to see if they want to work with you, so mapping more and proving that you can make decent maps could improve your chances.

trying to make a collab map because you didnt like how your first sets turned out seems misguided to me though, honestly better off looking for help improving your mapping instead. Most people aren't going to judge you for your first sets being bad, basically everyone's first maps are terrible, and if they do make fun of you feel free to ignore their input, because its probably wrong.

(Edit: noticed you're trying to make an hour long collab, imo you should wait on something that ambitious until you have mapping friends you know are down to help and will actually finish, and until you're confident in your own mapping.)
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I am confident in my mapping style. I had this as an idea for a while. Sure, it might not be the best, but it's tolerable. I have an assload of maps from before I had this account that I am too nervous to share because they are so old. Most of them are joke maps, so there is that.

Should I post a couple of those? Just wondering. If so, they will be for archival purposes.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

WitherMite wrote:

well, mapping is a social game, you'll need to find people who will map a collab with you or just let a post sit in the beatmap projects, bumping if it gets too buried, until someone is interested.

People will likely check your mapsets on your profile to see if they want to work with you, so mapping more and proving that you can make decent maps could improve your chances.

trying to make a collab map because you didnt like how your first sets turned out seems misguided to me though, honestly better off looking for help improving your mapping instead. Most people aren't going to judge you for your first sets being bad, basically everyone's first maps are terrible, and if they do make fun of you feel free to ignore their input, because its probably wrong.

(Edit: noticed you're trying to make an hour long collab, imo you should wait on something that ambitious until you have mapping friends you know are down to help and will actually finish, and until you're confident in your own mapping.)
1. Every other post on there was replied to, while mine was ignored for almost a week.

2. I have a ton of pre-account maps that I am willing to share, if I can muster up the courage to.

3. I never had a first set. This was an idea I had since 2 weeks ago. My mapping is decent enough.

4. I don't know anyone who would be friends or would be wanting to help. As stated before, my mapping is decent enough to be playable.
WitherMite

LaymooDR wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

1. Every other post on there was replied to, while mine was ignored for almost a week.

2. I have a ton of pre-account maps that I am willing to share, if I can muster up the courage to.

3. I never had a first set. This was an idea I had since 2 weeks ago. My mapping is decent enough.

4. I don't know anyone who would be friends or would be wanting to help. As stated before, my mapping is decent enough to be playable.
In my defense I have no way of knowing you've mapped before making an account (hopefully you don't mean you've made more than one account because that's against the rules even if you lost account details and cant get in.)

But that doesn't change that your options are still to either make friends who can help or somehow make the idea of an hour long collab less intimidating, because that is going to scare people off, especially if the set owner has zero visible track record and made their account a couple months ago.

If you're dead set on making this collab happen on the projects subforum, I still think you should wait and upload some of your maps and get feedback and/or mods on them. Maybe even try for a smaller collab or two first once you have some mapsets up. Prove you can map well enough and follow through on a collab so people feel they wont be wasting their time. Even then just the length alone will still scare most people off and it will likely sit with no responses for a long while.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
They are mapping small sections of the song, but I can understand the length being a concern. Also, this is my first account. Multiple accounts are a no go for me. I will see if I can find a couple of my maps I made before my account was made that I can upload. They aren't as fancy as most maps, but they are playable.

Edit: for some reason, I can't upload the maps, as they say that they are not mine. Gotta fix this, somehow. Any tips?

Edit 2: Fixed the issue. I'm going to upload an old map I made before this account was made.
Jason X
Check out VeilStar's post here, this should solve your problem.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
Been a while and I haven't got anything about collabs. I can't find anyone.
Serizawa Haruki
Have you tried joining mapping discord servers? Many mappers are a lot more active on there compared to the forums. There are several discord servers, both public and private. Some examples are the mentorship server (I think you have to apply for the program to join), mapset management server and cozy mappers cafe.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I haven't been able to find any active ones that accept collaborators. That is what grinds my gears about collaborating now, is the fact that there is barely any chance of finding anyone.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Serizawa Haruki wrote:

Have you tried joining mapping discord servers? Many mappers are a lot more active on there compared to the forums. There are several discord servers, both public and private. Some examples are the mentorship server (I think you have to apply for the program to join), mapset management server and cozy mappers cafe.
Mapset Management server was shite. I hope Cozy Mappers Cafe isn't a ditto.
Kiwahara
Now you’re being rude calling some server shit just because it can’t satisfy yourself. Honestly just think about yourself first, who are you to ask other experienced mappers to do something for you? Are you good? Prob not. Can you make rankable beatmaps? I doubt that. No one cares about you and your map because it’s not good at all. You can call it “playable” whatever but it’s not good. Rather being stubborn and not taking criticism (good ones, not those that attack you with bad words) you should have a much much more humble attitude and please, respect other people’s choice.
Topic Starter
LaymooDR

Kiwahara wrote:

Now you’re being rude calling some server shit just because it can’t satisfy yourself. Honestly just think about yourself first, who are you to ask other experienced mappers to do something for you? Are you good? Prob not. Can you make rankable beatmaps? I doubt that. No one cares about you and your map because it’s not good at all. You can call it “playable” whatever but it’s not good. Rather being stubborn and not taking criticism (good ones, not those that attack you with bad words) you should have a much much more humble attitude and please, respect other people’s choice.
I'm saying they never interacted with me. Sounds to me that you jumped to conclusions.
Kiwahara
Do they have to? Nah

And still that is not a reason to call a server shit bruh
Topic Starter
LaymooDR
I waited like a week. It's safe to say, I stand by my statement.
Kiwahara
Haha just remember that you are now being rude to people so don't ask them to be polite to you :) Tho i feel like i'm wasting time cuz your attitude won't change in a short time, and you already said you quit mapping so have fun doing other stuffs.
THAT_otaku
This is turning into a shit-show, gonna be locking this sorry.

Kiwaha, please try not to be so hostile unprovoked, i dont see anything being said about you/attacking you personally in this thread.

LaymooDR learn to take advice from others. map more. your maps are never going to be good when you just start out, this is the same for every mapper ever. its unfortunately just life D:
Edit: just read the other threads. Greatness does not happen over night. mapping takes time to get good at. Youre being a little to optimistic and over-evaluating your mapping skill. Just take a break, cool off a bit, and come back when youre willing to take advice and work to improve your mapping, rather than blaming it on the community.