forum

[Archived] compatibility working better for me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rizu
Problem details: i have a high specs pc and i run osu better with compatibility mode idk why can anyone help me , when i turn it off my gpu usage is higher

specs 5800x gpu 3070 ti
THAT_otaku
Is there any reason you need to turn it off though? If it works better for you then just leave it on, no?

It can be many things since everyone's computer is different, mainly graphics card/driver related stuff though
Topic Starter
rizu
for streaming when i turn it off it would lag , and turn it on it wont
Giai tich 2
Is your PC a laptop and not a desktop?

It's a known thing that using integrated GPU and compatibility mode will (almost) always work better than using discrete and/or turn off compatibility mode on Optimus (having both the APU in the CPU, aka iGPU; and the dGPU loading) laptops.

Your specs would work better w/o having to turn on compatibility mode if you connect to an external monitor, and only display there (disable your laptop monitor).
Or using Linux + PRIME Render Offload instead of Windows.
Topic Starter
rizu

Giai tich 2 wrote:

Is your PC a laptop and not a desktop?

It's a known thing that using integrated GPU and compatibility mode will (almost) always work better than using discrete and/or turn off compatibility mode on Optimus (having both the APU in the CPU, aka iGPU; and the dGPU loading) laptops.

Your specs would work better w/o having to turn on compatibility mode if you connect to an external monitor, and only display there (disable your laptop monitor).
Or using Linux + PRIME Render Offload instead of Windows.
im using PC
THAT_otaku
Okay lets trouble shoot the lag when its turned off for now and see if we get anywhere. Please have a read of wiki/en/performance-troubleshooting and try/do everything related to your issue in there.
Also Try closing un-needed apps (especially discord) and see if it still lags