forum

Got my first osu!tablet today!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
his everything
I'M SO HAPPY THAT I FINALLY BOUGHT ONE TODAY AT A LOW PRICE :)

So I have questions for the tablet players only:

- What area are you currently using?
- Is it good to drag or hover?
- Do I need to use full area at the beginning?
- Is my tablet good for osu? If not, what could I have taken?
15C
i remember when i first got my tablet, so to answer your questions (from my personal experience)
my area:

Drag has the advantage of stability and control, but is slow if you use a big area. Hover is good for high areas, not so much for low areas.. I know badeu uses a low area hover though. Up to preference.

You don't need to use full area at the beginning. Just experiment with small area, and big area, but genereally stick with 1 area as they get time to get used to

One by wacom is a very good tablet for osu

Pls don't be discouraged that you're not good at tablet. It takes a few weeks - a month of adjusting/finding the right area, and don't keep changing your grip style. It will become more uncomfortable the more you change it.

Also turn off windows ink and raw input
and download hawku driver or opentablet driver. They are the best for osu!
If you can't, default wacom driver is also fine, just won't have the stability mods that make it smoother
Ymir
Play drag, do not learn hover.
Stomiks

-Remi wrote:

But scratches :(
Topic Starter
his everything

luminar wrote:

i remember when i first got my tablet, so to answer your questions (from my personal experience)
my area:

Drag has the advantage of stability and control, but is slow if you use a big area. Hover is good for high areas, not so much for low areas.. I know badeu uses a low area hover though. Up to preference.

You don't need to use full area at the beginning. Just experiment with small area, and big area, but genereally stick with 1 area as they get time to get used to

One by wacom is a very good tablet for osu

Pls don't be discouraged that you're not good at tablet. It takes a few weeks - a month of adjusting/finding the right area, and don't keep changing your grip style. It will become more uncomfortable the more you change it.

Also turn off windows ink and raw input
and download hawku driver or opentablet driver. They are the best for osu!
If you can't, default wacom driver is also fine, just won't have the stability mods that make it smoother
I feel like drag is goated when I need to do NM jump maps because my aim is more accurate, but hover is better when I need to play HDDT with a high AR because my aim very fast.

Playing with full area feels horrible, fortunately I don't have to.

I really like my tablet so far! I feel like with this, I'm WAY better at aim maps :D

Ngl, I was scared that my cursor was stuck at the top left but I watched a Youtube video about it. My current grip is good but only for short maps (2 minutes or less) because my pen is slipping during gameplay and it's annoying. I just installed the open tablet driver with the filters and I LOVE IT!!

Btw here's my area lol
AccountWontWork
Tablet: Xp-pen deco 01 v2

Area: 254mm x 158.75mm(1.6/1) on 1728x1080p working area(1.6/1)

Playstyle: Drag (arm hovering above tablet)

Pros: Massive Consistency, God-like flow aim, +respect cause SFA

Cons: takes more energy, a bit less speed,
ainkeK
I recommend to make your area the same resolution of your monitor, it can be whatever size you want but make sure the dimensions are 1.7778.
her everything
Ooh, congrats on getting your first tablet :D i don't have any suggestions though cuz I'm bad at telling advice
Topic Starter
his everything

ainkeK wrote:

I recommend to make your area the same resolution of your monitor, it can be whatever size you want but make sure the dimensions are 1.7778.
Alright thx!

Aireunaeus wrote:

Ooh, congrats on getting your first tablet :D i don't have any suggestions though cuz I'm bad at telling advice
You can actually give me suggestions since you seem to be more experienced than me with the use of a tablet :)
ANGELF708

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

- What area are you currently using?
I personally use a Huion 420, which is small as fuck, so I use full screen. From my experience, too small you get hand cramps, but too big and you have to lift your whole arm and run a marathon or something... Again IDK I use a Huion 420.

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

- Is it good to drag or hover?
I personally play drag. Hover would drive me crazy, but if that's what you're into.
dung eater

Stomiks wrote:

-Remi wrote:

skill issue
Stomiks

dung eater wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

-Remi wrote:

skill issue
wealth issue
AccountWontWork
why do people care so much about scratches
MrSparklepants
2-3 days old, but...
Tablet area (Wacom ctl-4100), of course, I could make the dimensions the same as my screen, but I've been using this area for 5 years now so no need to change it up:

Old picture from when I was using devocub drivers, I have since switched to OpenTabletDriver as devocub is essentially dead.

Hovering and dragging is a preference I prefer to drag. After 5 years of almost daily use, my tablet does have cosmetic scratches, but it still works perfectly fine

You do not have to play full area, I know I immediately changed area the first day I got my tablet.

The Wacom One is very good for osu!
Topic Starter
his everything

AccountWontWork wrote:

It's because scratches are annoying, which is the reason why you should get a tablet cover.

MrSparklepants wrote:

Tablet area (Wacom ctl-4100),
I've heard that the Wacom Intuos is the best tablet for osu, with the Wacom One in second place!
AccountWontWork

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

AccountWontWork wrote:

It's because scratches are annoying, which is the reason why you should get a tablet cover.
in my case I just let it be, looks cool how you leave so many marks when playing.
Topic Starter
his everything

AccountWontWork wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

AccountWontWork wrote:

in my case I just let it be, looks cool how you leave so many marks when playing.
Hmmmmm yeah it's not wrong
Ymir

Stomiks wrote:

dung eater wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

-Remi wrote:

skill issue
wealth issue
Look, I played hover from day one. I don't have the dedication to learn how to drag, but it's definitely the easier playstyle if you were to start on it.
HR2
I'm getting the exact same tablet on Saturday I'm super excited
Topic Starter
his everything

Xykedelic wrote:

I'm getting the exact same tablet on Saturday I'm super excited
I'm super excited for you!!!

show more