forum

Couple rhythm games.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
LuigiHann
cool story, bro

is that beatmania one any good?
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

LuigiHann wrote:

cool story, bro

is that beatmania one any good?
In my opinion, yes. It's pretty good for a flash version, but if you want better songs or graphics, you're better off downloading the real IIDX game off a torrent, or just simply play Be-Pachi Music.
Takuma
Not going back to FFR. Well, maybe just to talk to a few friends, but the game and community is ,aomaqogaqga. And the TGB part of its forum is just.. >___>" I think Mogsy knows what I'm talking about.
Mogsy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Pokebis
FFR looks more like a social networking site than a game.
LuigiHann
I found this: http://www.jamlegend.com/

it's not bad
Mogsy

Pokebis wrote:

FFR looks more like a social networking site than a game.
That's because it is.
Takuma
Yeah, it was so much better before when we had no profile background shit, etc. :\ Nowadays, a lot of the people that register for the site don't even play the game - people even began to call FFR Profiles, FFRSpace.. >__>
Cheery
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
Mogsy

Superfreak04 wrote:

Yes I can admit that FFR is a very social website now, but that's why you focus more on the game than anything else. I play just for tournaments and rank really. Even though I haven't been playing it lately because I discovered Osu! haha. XD
People tend to focus on the profile shit more than the game, though, that's the thing.
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
Gens

Superfreak04 wrote:

Well, it's more important to worry about yourself than others yes? Who cares about the other people on the site. The point is to have fun and play the game. :)
I joined FFR too. What I was doing is that ^, and I NEVER visited the forums etc. But, the thing is, that I got bored of it quickly, and I realized osu! is much better. :)
Mogsy

Superfreak04 wrote:

Well, it's more important to worry about yourself than others yes? Who cares about the other people on the site. The point is to have fun and play the game. :)
Sucks when the game isn't even that fun to begin with unless you immediately convert to standard spread and like BS files.
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
Well for a challenge, now you can try 6 key. :)
http://keybeat.cosmovibe.com/
Mogsy

Superfreak04 wrote:

I play solo, too. I'm still not too big of a fan.
Mashley
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

Mogsworth wrote:

Superfreak04 wrote:

I play solo, too. I'm still not too big of a fan.
I don't play much solo, at all really. I only play the FFR version so that I don't have to download packs for SM.
Hanyuu
LuigiHann

Agent Spin Here wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

I found this: http://www.jamlegend.com/

it's not bad
Jamlegend is fun but when I played it which was a while ago I found it a little bland and uninteresting. I should check it out again some time.
It's still pretty bland and uninteresting
Detective Tuesday
FFR was a fun novelty while it lasted. I only played it every once in a while, unlocked a a couple songs (neoMAX was surprisingly addictive for an FFR song) , played a few online matches when the game first went online, and that was about it. No reason to play it ever since I got StepMania, so.
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

Detective Tuesday wrote:

FFR was a fun novelty while it lasted. I only played it every once in a while, unlocked a a couple songs (neoMAX was surprisingly addictive for an FFR song) , played a few online matches when the game first went online, and that was about it. No reason to play it ever since I got StepMania, so.
I guess I just play FFR because of ranking and the amount of tournaments they hold. Had about 5 in the past month or so.
MegaManEXE
lolwut

People still actually play FFR?

I used to play that shit in my computer class in like 9th grade

Until I realized I could run StepMania off of a flash drive
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

MegaManEXE wrote:

lolwut

People still actually play FFR?

I used to play that shit in my computer class in like 9th grade

Until I realized I could run StepMania off of a flash drive
Yes, many many people still play FFR.
Pokebis

Superfreak04 wrote:

Saying "people" is a bit of a stretch.
MegaManEXE

Pokebis wrote:

Superfreak04 wrote:

Saying "people" is a bit of a stretch.
Saying "play" is a bit of a stretch too, from what I've gathered from this thread
Cuddlebun
you guys are so scathingly witty
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
It's not stretching at all lol. ;)
Diokatsu
People who can't deal with a stricter judging system, don't have the hard drive space, or are just fucking retarded play FFR. That's alot from what I've gathered, even though you can mash pass LITERALLY ANY SONG. Death Piano was passable when I still played pad files on Stepmania lmao. Keybeat Online is decent, but Stargroup is a fucking whore.

Play Stepmania, either solo or singles. Solo is getter more popular, but singles is still the best.
Mogsy

Diokatsu wrote:

People who can't deal with a stricter judging system, don't have the hard drive space, or are just fucking retarded play FFR. That's alot from what I've gathered, even though you can mash pass LITERALLY ANY SONG. Death Piano was passable when I still played pad files on Stepmania lmao. Keybeat Online is decent, but Stargroup is a fucking whore.

Play Stepmania, either solo or singles. Solo is getter more popular, but singles is still the best.
Doubles all the way if you can find good charts. Or maybe I'm just a whore for things with more buttons (Pop'n player here~). Really, though, there should be more doubles charts.
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

Diokatsu wrote:

I play FFR just because it's fun, and it holds tournaments, and it has a ranking system lol. I already FC'ed every song, and yes, SM is stricter of course. They are all equally fun in my opinion.
Diokatsu

Superfreak04 wrote:

They are all equally fun in my opinion.
wat is this i dont even

Also Mogs, doubles are IMPOSSIBLE to find :( And I'd love to play Pop'n, which is better than IIDX in my opinion, but there isn't a machine near me.
Mogsy

Diokatsu wrote:

Also Mogs, doubles are IMPOSSIBLE to find :(
That they are. Most people would rather be off playing something like o2jam at that point, I know, but still, now that people have moved onto Solo, it's only a matter of time before they move onto doubles. What's next? Pump Doubles? Oh wait, I'd personally love to see that.

Diokatsu wrote:

And I'd love to play Pop'n, which is better than IIDX in my opinion, but there isn't a machine near me.
Tokyo Game Action in Winchedon used to have Pop'n. Unfortunately, TGA flooded out awhile ago. So, no more Pop'n. I personally have an ASC and have imported 13 and 14 (as well an illegal copy of 15 charts back at home). So far, that's looking like your best bet.
MegaManEXE
TGA was awwwwwwwesome

It's a shame I only managed to make it out there once before it closed
Mogsy

MegaManEXE wrote:

TGA was awwwwwwwesome

I went I think maybe 4 times total? I still only really played Pop'n while I was there and a tiny bit of IIDX.
MegaManEXE

Mogsworth wrote:

MegaManEXE wrote:

TGA was awwwwwwwesome

I went I think maybe 4 times total? I still only really played Pop'n while I was there and a tiny bit of IIDX.
I played almost everything even though I suck at them all except DDR/ITG/Pump sorta

Para Para Paradise was my guilty pleasure ._.
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
You could just download Pop'n onto your PC, and then use a pop'n controller I suppose.
Mogsy

Superfreak04 wrote:

You could just download Pop'n onto your PC, and then use a pop'n controller I suppose.
The thing, though, is that you need a good controller to get a proper experience. Most people aren't willing to pay for one or to spend the time to make one.

Also, Pop'n simulators tend to be on the very bad side of sims. In terms of pirating, you can't get absolutely every version, seeing how they stopped making console versions after 14 and the shittacular Wii one.
Pokebis
Diokatsu
ODI has solo not doubles.
Pokebis
Whoops, got 'em mixed up. :oops:
Just get official steps from zenius-i-vanisher or something. Or make your own. :-/
Dammit, nevermind. Sucks to be you.
Mogsy
I do attempt to make doubles steps on occasion, but the results have never been satisfactory to me. Oh well. Eventually there'll actually be decent doubles charts. :/
Topic Starter
Superfreak04
I wish I was good at doubles. :/
Diokatsu

Superfreak04 wrote:

practice bro
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

Diokatsu wrote:

Superfreak04 wrote:

practice bro
I would, but I mainly focus on 4 key. I really suck at solo, I can only imagine doubles.
V_V
Diokatsu
how good are you at 4 key
Topic Starter
Superfreak04

Diokatsu wrote:

how good are you at 4 key
I'm not that good at SM, I'm improving, but FFR I'm pretty good at. AAA'd FMO's and such. But I'm not sure if I should keep playing. My wrists have been hurting now. 0_o