Total Posts
show more
xomstor
As for me i learn Japanese using Nintendo ds's "My Japanese Coach"
Screenshots:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/950647-my-ja ... ach/images
Really hard to learn kanji...
mekadon_old
Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:45 pm (over 11 months ago)
Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:07 pm (5 hours ago)
What
IppE
Its a nifty thread so it ok to bump it imo.

I myself only know the basic anime japanese vocabulary :roll:
Numbbi

IppE602 wrote:

dkun

Numbbi wrote:

IppE602 wrote:

*cough*
Neo@lex
That reminds me, I recieved an A* grade at GCSE Japanese a few months ago. I should probably take JLPT N5 or something before I start to forget shit. I'm told GCSE is roughly the same level as N4, but I'm not entirely sure.
mekadon_old
Spend your money on the fees of N5, just to be in a safe side. Go for N4 if you want though
Pashune
I tried a lot of those basic practice things online; they seemed okay but I'd lose interest way too easily, so I downloaded an audiobook for learning Japanese.. but it only got me so far, and by that, I only mean some very basic sentence structure and some vocabulary.

By now, I've already forgotten most of what I learned some months back. :(

I'm just gonna wait until I can either find some classes on it or just find a friend who knows it pretty well. The books and the audio aren't helping me.. :cry:

Unless you guys have some better ideas..
Firo Prochainezo
When I was more younger I was really into Japanese and I learned a lot from friends, books and stuff like that (I never used anime for learning Japanese because it's stupid, really).
Now I'm not interested in Japanese anymore because I don't see any useful ways to use it in California.
Pokebis

Pashune wrote:

Unless you guys have some better ideas..
Pirate shows and books that teach Japanese and then talk to people streaming on Nico Nico Douga over Skype.
OnosakiHito
I learn japanese by myself and I'm on a lvl where I can talk with japanese people a little bit/well.
It's really easy for me to learn jpn because I'm from serbia and there we have maybe 20%~40% words/sentences who are exactly the same like in jpn. Example:
jpn: sou da ne or kakkoii (vocal exact the same like srb)
srb: sto da ne or kakoe (vocal exact the same like jpn)
So I don't have to learn so much. Well, but it's also because I have a huge interest to this language.

I was also a short time in a japanese course. That helped me a lot to improve my grammar.
And now I'm gonna go this year to Japan, so I can use it and learn more about the language.
Atm I know 150 Kanjis.

僕の日本語は今ノーグーです。でもいつか僕の日本語は良いです!w
日本語を話すのは大好き~!

みんな・さん、またね!
Haneii
I'm currently taking a beginner course in school right now....my midterm's this Friday :S

For those looking for learning material, here's a romaji version of the textbook I use for class (this one's an older edition though) http://fliiby.com/file/39936/x4jm86ofzz.html.
Daru
smart.fm is great for learning your voacb.

Using anime to learn Japanese isn't necessarily bad, but it shouldn't be your own tool. Obviously, watching shows if any kind in a language that you are learning will help.

That said, I shudder to think of a conversation with a Japanese person who has learned about English and American culture entirely from episodes of Familiy Guy and Glee.
Firo Prochainezo
Glee
oh god.
Pokebis

Daru wrote:

That said, I shudder to think of a conversation with a Japanese person who has learned about English and American culture entirely from episodes of Familiy Guy and Glee.
Sad thing is, many Americans do talk like they talk in the shows. :-/
That being said, I've seen many people criticized by Japanese people for "talking like anime characters." The way they talk is generally quite different.
Sekuyi
Does anyone here speak/learn Japanese?

ye, trying to learn it. but not really any progress since i started (like 1 month ago). the only thing i can do now is reading and writing katakana. learning some kanjis atm - so many of them, damn oO. ppl say hiragana is easy...but i can't memorize them somehow -.-'

as for talking, I understand a lot of phrases - english subs ftw ;)
Kaona
I learn Japanese.
I have a Japanese Tutor :D
LaCreme

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Hahaha, thanks. XD

At least I don't say "Baka" to everybody or anybody, or commonly at all. That'll make me feel like a total weab00. I'll focus solely on Engrish thanks. And Thai. :P
fixed it for you
[Shalon]
I want to be a good japanese-speaker,

but now, I can't speak well, just little, haha.
Hakeru

[Shalon] wrote:

I want to be a good japanese-speaker,

but now, I can't speak well, just little, haha.
me too ,
i learn japanese since 6 years old ..but uh.. not much ;__;

i must start learn japanese again from 0 ... haha ..
i can speak japanese , listening , and i can read the basic sentence like ..
おはようございます
こんばんわ
こんいちわ
ごめなさい
おたんじょうびおめでとう
いただきます
etc ...

watching anime , and listening some japanese music can improve your japanese language ..
minyeob
wow this topic still around here D:
I'm now preparing JLPT N2~
Listening is damn hard

listening some japanese music can improve your japanese language ..
And I strongly disagree with this
I have listened Japanese music for 3-4 years
But real Japanese is so much different from music >_<
Faust
I don't. Not at the moment, maybe in the future. Actually, that's quite likely.
Hakeru

minyeob wrote:

wow this topic still around here D:
I'm now preparing JLPT N2~
Listening is damn hard

listening some japanese music can improve your japanese language ..
And I strongly disagree with this
I have listened Japanese music for 3-4 years
But real Japanese is so much different from music >_<
ahahaha that's my method >_<;
Pokebis

Hakeru Prismriver wrote:

ahahaha that's my method >_<;
And how fluent are you? I think listening to Japanese songs is a terrible way to learn the language as the syllables are generally stressed a lot differently than actual speech. Everyone who says they learn out of music either is already fluent to an extent, is talking out of their ass and likely doesn't understand a bit of the language, or is going to learn the language incorrectly.
That being said, there are some learning-aid type music that helps reinforce certain concepts in your heard, but normal Jpop and crap certainly won't do that.
-Xero-
chinese is god tier!!1

actually i am interested in learning japanese, but I don't get the chance. no teachers around and i don't like learning all by myself via internet and stuff...
Xyrenus
just started learning a few words..and probably creating some incomplete sentence.. quite interesting though the language..
DjKniteX
right here, I can speak basic conversational Japanese... as well as still learning

My minor is Japanese XD

dozo yoroshiku
My1_old
doesnt matter if anyone complains about necroing, because i am only REFRESHING this topic...
I am learning japanese and I really want to speak it somtetime really 1337...
the beginning was that I watched some animes in japanese language and it sounded very nice so I began leanring it, was quite some years ago...
boat
I've been studying japanese as a standalone course at a univ for a while, my pronunciation is quite good but my vocabulary is rather thin.
Daru
I've been studying Japanese for about a year now.
(About a half year of self-study and half year of classes with self-study)

I've spoken with some native speakers, and my Japanese is described as "Not much of an accent, grammatically correct, but weird sounding".
My vocab is rather bad (about 700 words/phrases) so I have to kinda dance around how to say certain things.
mathexpert
I've been watching anime forever, but I only recently started learning Japanese. It is soooo much more fun than spanish, because I actually have interest in it. (no offense, of course!~)
boat
Spanish is a pointless language anyhow, if you only have the three generic choices of german, spanish or french, then german will be by far the most beneficial.

MUCH OFFENSE INTENDED

SICK BURN
Cyclohexane
That hurts my feelings.
Vmx
Why did I choose french :( I don't understand anything and never will + I don't even want to understand it.
OnosakiHito

failboat wrote:

...german will be by far the most beneficial.
*dancing on the floor*

I failed in France. ;w;
I won in Japanese. :)
OzzyOzrock

failboat wrote:

Spanish is a pointless language anyhow, if you only have the three generic choices of german, spanish or french, then german will be by far the most beneficial.

MUCH OFFENSE INTENDED

SICK BURN
not in th U.S. at all
OnosakiHito

OzzyOzrock wrote:

not in th U.S. at all
Open the door, get on the floor! Everybody walk the dinosaur.
Micaela Mousiki
Huh? Me? I'm studying it :D
I go to a university to assist a course once a week.
It's my second year and I'm doing fine ^^
I'm learning the conjugations at the moment but I can make some sentences.
I can use adjectives and I'm finally learning how to speak it informally.
But I need more vocabulary and kanji, so I will take care of that.
Pokebis

Daru wrote:

I've spoken with some native speakers, and my Japanese is described as "Not much of an accent, grammatically correct, but weird sounding".
It might be the way you say it. I'm apparently usually too formal when I talk in other languages, but that's probably because I don't know many informal ways of saying things and I can't tell what's going to be broken or not.
That being said, I may speak too formally in English as well, but I try not too.
My1_old
nic3, I have to say, but I think that it makes rather fun learning it youself (like I do), coz you are not tied to times or teachers, and I like this way really
show more