forum

[duplicate] Custom Approach Rate For Unranked Maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Saint_old
Ok I can't help but think of getting laughed at or something when making a new thread. So if there was one already about this or some program that can do this, sorry. AR or Approach Rate 0-10 are measured in milliseconds. I would like to have the option to choose the amount of ms instead of just AR 0-10 as in an extra thing below the 0-10 bar where you could type in a number of ms from 1-2000 or so when editing a map. The map wouldn't be allowed to be ranked/submitted if it was a new one, as I just want to use this for practice purposes. Mods like double time and hard rock would be disabled.
Shohei Ohtani
If you're doing things for practice purposes, it'd be a lot more efficient to just practice in the speeds that would be in the game.

Plus it seems kind of pointless to have such an elaborate option available and not be able to use it for ranked maps. If anything, a better request would be to make approach rates numerically based with guidelines on what to use rather than just by 10-11 choices.
Oinari-sama
Personally I don't see much use in this, plus it will bring unwanted complications.

Even if it's only for unranked, practice purpose, people will ask the question "why can't we use it for ranked maps" if this is added. This will probably mean a lot more badly setup unranked maps making BATs wanna pull their hairs out =.=
TakuMii

Oinari-sama wrote:

Even if it's only for unranked, practice purpose, people will ask the question "why can't we use it for ranked maps" if this is added. This will probably mean a lot more badly setup unranked maps making BATs wanna pull their hairs out =.=
We could have it as an unranked mod to avoid that problem.
pielak213
­
Oinari-sama
I'll rather have this request instead if it's limited to 0.5 increments: t/47812
deadbeat
Topic Starter
Saint_old

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/52873
dupe
but that is years old and locked :‌(
deadbeat
doesn't matter, the request is there and still valid.