forum

Hanatan - Airman ga Taosenai (SOUND HOLIC Ver.) [Taiko|Osu|O

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seph

[Yue] wrote:

Seph what you said is true, that the Rain diff has more combo that Overdose diff, but that does not detract from the fact that Overdose is much more difficult than Rain.
yes, its true, but with how rain was mapped (stated on my post) makes it no different with overdose. jumps on both diffs have no difference whatsoever, its just that overdose have farther ones than rain. but that alone does not justify its difficulty, let alone its play length

[Yue] wrote:

I think there will always be people who hate other people's style :l
its not hating, its trying to improve the map
fartownik
02:59:027 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Never read the topic, but heard that the map was unranked due to this. It's maybe not unrankable anymore, but it's just bad. Anyone playing this map and hearing this song for the first time will probably fail, or at least miss on this (look -> me). There's absolutely no indication of 1/3 incoming, especially with such wide spacing as this. Can't you just put a 1/3 pattern that is not annoying as heck for once?
vipto
[Skystar]

00:00:227 - to 00:06:227 - This part has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the music and is overmapped to the maximum. Change it.
00:12:912 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:14:284 (3,4,1) - Overmapped.
00:15:741 (3,1) - Overmapped.
00:18:398 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:19:770 (5,6,1) - Overmapped.
00:20:970 (2,3,1) - Overmapped.
00:20:970 (2,3,1) - to 00:20:970 (2,3,1) - In this part you totally miss the rhythm with your sliders.
00:40:341 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:44:455 (4,5,1) - Overmapped.
00:47:198 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:47:884 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:51:312 (8,9,1) - Overmapped.
00:57:655 (3,4,5,6) - Absolutely unnecessary.
01:02:284 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
01:03:655 (5,6,1) - Overmapped.
01:06:227 (5,6) - Absolutely unnecessary.
01:07:770 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
01:10:512 (7,8,1) - Overmapped.
01:11:884 (7,1) - Retarded spacing error
01:13:255 (1,2,3) - Overma-- wait i am getting tired of this shit. Pretty much every single triplet in this map is overmapped.
01:16:170 (1,2,3,4) - Doesnt have anything to do with the music. Dumb pattern.
01:17:198 (6,7) - Same goes for this
01:22:341 (9,10,1) - That spacing makes 0 sense.
02:07:084 (1) - Unreadable overlap. In addition, terrible rhythm.
02:09:484 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Are you serious?

Ok no, i'm gona stop here. The entire map consists of terrible spacing errors and horrifying rhythm. You didnt pay attention to anything.

This map should not be in Qualified in it's current state.
Ephemeral
unqualified due to improper ctb spread (mania is fine, taiko is pretty bad [could use a normal equivalent] but acceptable)

there's also a slew of issues that I think the other people in this thread are adequately pointing out - generally very unpolished mapset that needs a fair bit of work before it's ready, I think

will direct a community modding session at this sometime soon
Avena
Before you rerank, there's something else:
thelewa detected that the offset is off and Milli set +10 Online Offset, since it's now disqualified you can change it in the actual map instead of just online offset.

#BlameYue2014
Chewu

vipto wrote:

[Skystar]

QQ

Turn your volume up.
Jenny
A lot of issues with this:

Happens a lot when you lead an 1/2 slider into a tripple since the first beat is then skipped which just really ruins the playing flow and rhythm (if you care for that anyways).
Also applies to long sliders before breaktimes such as 01:22:684 (1) - .

Active/Passive Hitsounding
Active Hitsounding refers to hitsounds that you actually take an active part in (-> click), therefore, this refers to circles and sliderstarts; active hitsounds generate pressure behind the notes played and therefore should predominantly be set on already existing beats (or extremely natural-feeling additive mapping, but that's a rare exception).

Passive Hitsounding refers to hitsounds that occur without you actively participating (-> hitting) on them, such as sliderticks, reverse arrows, slider- or spinnerends; these do not generate pressure in playing and therefore should be feeling natural when silenced to emphasize longer/stronger notes in the music.

Take this example: You see, we have two sliders, 1/2 each - this will just sound like 4*1/2 hitnormal but effectively, it's played as 2*1/1, so you have to consider, when does it fit? Given that you only click the starts of the sliders, it could fit when the white ticks are (significantly) stronger than the red ones, resulting in a 1-(2)-1-(2) rhythm (1 = active, strong beat, (2) = passive, weak beat/no beat).

To visualize it better, you may draw a line under every active hitsound and leave the passive ones empty:

tl;dr: An active hitsound is when you click and there comes a sound, a passive one is when the object just makes a sound "by itself"/without an impact (-> click) required - keep this in mind, because passive are effectively weaker than active ones even when they "sound the same".
captin1
skystar is mostly fine as is, i'm still not a fan of the 1/3 pattern since even when i know it's coming i'm not able to play it, but the rest of the map is fun.

if it's the ctb spread that needs work, then focus on the ctb spread, don't come and rage on mapping styles you disagree with like #modhelp normally does
Drafura
I'll take a look asap at this. Meanwhile i'd like to see the people complaining to actually mod and help CtB (Let's try to go farther than just complaining please).
Skystar

Chewu wrote:

vipto wrote:

[Skystar]

QQ

Turn your volume up.
HAHAHA
Zare
In the Skystar 1/3 pattern, use 2 1/3 sliders to introduce wthe new weird rhythm, then use circles.
This is all that really needs a fix. Obviously the map isn't perfect, but it's reaaally fun and plays awesome aside from that. Most sldiers fit the vocals, so barely any issues there too. Good job Skystar. None of the overmappes circles seemed bad when playing, too.

CRN seems a little random, it's like following the overall theme of the song instead of actually following it note by note. This is okay, even if not preferred by many.
I can't say anything about the CtB diffs tho. Good luck.
Asphyxia

Zare wrote:

In the Skystar 1/3 pattern, use 2 1/3 sliders to introduce wthe new weird rhythm, then use circles.
This is all that really needs a fix. Obviously the map isn't perfect, but it's reaaally fun and plays awesome aside from that. Most sldiers fit the vocals, so barely any issues there too. Good job Skystar. None of the overmappes circles seemed bad when playing, too.
^
Ulysses
Even one CTB diff is rankable.Thus why sperad of CTB diffs is a problem of unranking issue?
Len
aaaaaaaaa
Avena

nold_1702 wrote:

Even one CTB diff is rankable.Thus why sperad of CTB diffs is a problem of unranking issue?
Because Rain has more notes than Overdose and less breaks.
Raging Bull
I like it when people complain and cant give suggestions to improve it.
Deif
Where's actually the problem with having more notes in the Rain? The difference is of about 100 notes, seeing the max combo amount, which is not THAT big in an almost 4-min song. There are other ranked maps where the same case happens: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81051

About the difficulty spread, these are the measures that were taken into consideration, but not applied by the mappers:
  1. Ballancing the amount of notes, making the Rain include more breaks, or mapping the current breaks of the Overdose.
  2. Reducing the CS of Rain to 3
When different mappers come into action within a mapset, we have to be prepared to see the different mapping styles and the more than obvious differences that will appear. Don't be surprised if the amount of notes look odd.

Rain is still a Rain, with a tricky ending. Overdose is an Overdose, with a quite calm beginning and a not so bulky note density.

If you still have ideas to improve both diffs, talk now or forever hold your peace. It would've been more helpful before the approval, but well~
Seph
If you're looking for anything worth unranking, there were parts which were silenced below 25% , and if I'm right that's unrankable since one wouldn't receive feedback if he caught a fruit or not.

Or if that doesn't count it, please check the community mod. We've placed our combined input there (me,ursa,Drafura,Priti) and we're not yet done so far since we've only touched Rain as of now.
[Yue]

Deif wrote:

Rain is still a Rain, with a tricky ending. Overdose is an Overdose, with a quite calm beginning and a not so bulky note density.
If you still have ideas to improve both diffs, talk now or forever hold your peace. It would've been more helpful before the approval, but well~
^
and..

this map had been unranked before, at that time could have said something about the Rain & Overdose, so as not to cause more problems for everyone else having a gd in this map.
Deif
Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes. You can use hitsounds from the Custom Hitsound Library or easily find others online. Lowering the volume of a few notes to provide a dampened effect is usually fine, but complete silence is always unacceptable. The end of a spinner (or even the entire spinner) the sliding sound of a slider, and the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense. Finally, you cannot silence both slider ticks and slider slides together.
Taking a look at the sections under 25%, you can find the following objects affected:
  1. 00:28:255 - Slider tick
  2. 00:30:227 - Slider end
  3. 01:00:398 - Spinner - introduction to the ending of it
  4. 02:22:684 - Spinner - introduction to the ending of it
None of them need to be increased, since they're accepted by the Ranking Criteria.

The only section whose volume can still be increased (not looking at the volume percentage they have inside the Timing Panel, but hearing it directly) is the one where the notes between 01:26:112 - and 01:33:141 - are affected. Also the 01:50:798 - to 02:00:398 - one. The rest looks perfectly audible for me.
Nyan-Zapo

Seph wrote:

If you're looking for anything worth unranking, there were parts which were silenced below 25% , and if I'm right that's unrankable since one wouldn't receive feedback if he caught a fruit or not.
what were? didn't notice them at all, guess i should lower my volume (why is that an unrankable issue anyway but meh its understandable)

Priti wrote:

I agree with Seph.
Both diffs have pretty obnoxious copy pasta zig zags which just feel lazy, sloppy and unfitting.
Yue's diff lacks correct emphasis of HDashes and jumps, they should be on Major Beats (Snares, Crashes, Strong Vocals), But in this case it just feels random which causes the map to feel extremely unprofessional in addition to the awkward flow it already has.
Zero's diff is decent, but it doesn't scale well with the Rain AT ALL, It feels like they are both Overdoses that didn't care about eachother, which shouldn't be like that in the same mapset.
I'd actually be happy if this goes out of Qualified again to fix the CtB diffs, since at the moment this is just absurd.
were you playing both or just watching auto? first: ...two mappers...two minds...two mapping styles..guess its getting obvious that they don't care about each other
mappers use copy paste alot...it's not the first time you see the same patterns reversed...
and about your zig zags...well in ctb you can move left...and right...and then left again i guess?

first of...i have no idea how to map in ctb and i suck at it so this is just an opinion of a kinda experienced ctb player

yue's rain: played it only twice but meh... was really fun/okay to play. it had some interessting patterns in it and the rain difficulty fits (did 900+ combo first try yay luck)

zero's overdose: played the maps for some hours (i suck at jumps...but thats not the problem here)
its a really...really jumpy map so...ITS OBVIOUS THAT IT HAS LESS NOTES THEN YUES MAP...and well...its up to a mapper what he thinks what makes a map hard (those wide jumps are pretty tricky for newer player)
jumps are pretty tireing after some time so it's a blessing to have those three breaks to get a clearer mind and have some time to get all the upcoming jumps into your head before it starts again

overall: both maps are okayish, but what do you exspect?mapping is a evolving system and instead of just bitching about people's second or third ranked ctb diff you can just give them tipps to improve in their NEXT maps

hope i wasn't to rude and the stuff i wrote made some sense yep i'm a bit pissed
Avena

Raging Bull wrote:

But yea, we actually did this Community Modding Session thing again, should be posted in a few hours.

Deif wrote:

There are other ranked maps where the same case happens: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81051
This map is really strange lol, Some people say Another is harder, some people say Extra is harder.
[Yue]

Priti wrote:

But yea, we actually did this Community Modding Session thing again, should be posted in a few hours.

I think after reading this, you realize you said it in a way mocking , I do not like that sort of thing.
khan119
Holy shit this map has more diffs than I have pants and gets reranked more often than I chan even change my pants
Avena
#DonatePants2Sugoi
Jenny
I'm ready for all of you, I'M SO READY.
Topic Starter
Natsu

Seph wrote:

can someone tell me why the ctb spread is bad?

Rain has much note density (810) vs overdose (725), you can take into the account with my map but the difficulty spread was obvious since another diff was harder, but with this one (rain having only 1 break vs overdose having 3) it doesnt really make that much difference with the difficulty since its tiring as hell
so yeah removing the Rain diff the spread will improve?? that make no sense, there are 2 diffs in a 4 mins song, with different styles the object density can be different.

Raging Bull wrote:

Drafura
I'll keep an eye on the modding session, but i've planned to fully mod it when everything is applied/timing fixed. I wish for the future that CtB modders wake up before ranking when they have ideas on how to make a spread better.

25% volume is rankable, 5-10% isn't in most case imo. If 25% fits is another thing.
Max Combo isn't a difficulty criteria in any game mode afaik.

Anyway, now that it is unranked let's take the chance to make it better.
DakeDekaane
Can't Qualify Airman
Avena
#Wait4dkun2014
Topic Starter
Natsu

Priti wrote:

#Wait4dkun2014
Priti can you stop with the post spam, and just wait for people who really gonna help here?

p/2961542 Yuko plz ignore this post is really offensive :/, Is sad how some people bring their HELP

Hope some one come and really help here, without trying to kill mappers style, We are civilized people we should try to solve this peacefully
Avena

Natsu wrote:

Priti wrote:

#Wait4dkun2014
Priti can you stop with the post spam, and just wait for people who really gonna help here?

p/2961542 Yuko plz ignore this post is really offensive :/, Is sad how some people bring their HELP

Hope some one come and really help here, without trying to kill mappers style, We are civilized people we should try to solve this peacefully
I am waiting for dkun because he is the one who will post my mod, we did a huge modding session, he is just finallizing the file and he will post it.
Jenny

Natsu wrote:

Priti wrote:

#Wait4dkun2014

Natsu wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

I like it when people throw a tantrum after they themselves didn't do their job properly, leading up to the whole drama - this is not anyone's fault who has something against you and your guest mappers but your mapset having issues with both its playability, rankability aswell as how it goes with the song, so you may aswell blame yourself over it instead of going nuts at whoever is posting anything - as said before and announced by Ephemeral, you will receive a huge document file about the whole issue soon enough (which, by the way, a multitude of people spent a considerably long time working on).

Neither Ephemeral nor Priti, me or anyone else participating in that or talking in #modhelp is in any way responsible for vipto's behaviour so you may aswell stop talking like everyone in there was like that and putting everything the most insulting and insensitive way possible - that does not mean you should ignore what he's point out because the map has objects that are placed on practically nothing (which is what overmap is), so get off of your horse while you're at it and stop treating this like a war between players/mappers and modders or something.

Now can we please play calm and just wait for the post and then, calmly and in peace, go through the points mentioned and not get caught up in a single individual's bad attitude and swing another higher and higher into the whole thing? That'd be great.
Chewin
hi wat
dkun
locked until community mod post

thanks for handling this in a civilized manner, natsu. sorry for any inconveniences to any parties involved.
we'll get this map back to where it belongs asap.

ps: nothing big will be changed with this set. nice diffs skystar & crn! totally enjoyed playing the diffs. (being 100% serious!)
dkun
Oh boy, here we go! Posting in Ephemeral's stead since I finalized the mod with Charles. I'll be also taking over this unrank and will see to it that it does get re-qualified.

As a disclaimer, please consider all suggestions. You are free to reject anything with valid reason.
To the viewing eyes: any inflammatory material will be punished. If you have nothing nice to contribute, please don't contribute anything at all. This is your one-off warning.

I do ask for all GD mappers to keep their maps in the set. I played through what I could and I found the set very nice to play!
Please call me when you've completed a response!

If your difficulty isn't listed, there wasn't anything noted for it!

P A N's Easy
SPOILER
00:45:998 (2) - Remove clap on head and tail and add it on the tick. | Priti
00:47:027 (3) - Add Clap | Priti
00:47:370 (4) - Remove Clap | Priti
01:33:998 - No claps on this section? It has snares too | Priti
02:02:455 (3) - Clap on Head | Priti
02:02:970 (4) - Clap on Tail | Priti
02:03:655 (1) - Clap on tick | Priti
02:45:484 (1) - Seems a bit too long for an easy, end it at 02:48:055 - And then put a break in? (Don’t forget to also map properly from 02:50:798 - If you apply this) | Priti

Normal
SPOILER
General - Due to this diff being a bit harder than Gero’s Normal, I’d suggest OD +1 For nicer spread scaling and possibly renaming it to Medium | Priti

00:36:741 (1,2) - Make a straight line with these sliders | Secretpipe
00:48:227 (2) - I think this circle should be put on a white tick | Secretpipe
00:58:341 (1) - I think this slider can have a better shape ! For example , check this slider from another mapset : http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1454834 | Secretpipe
02:02:627 (4,5) - I think the flow is bad here ! Make something ? | Secretpipe
02:12:055 - Maybe add a note after slider number 3 ? :D | Secretpipe

Hard
SPOILER
01:38:455 (2,3) - A triple would sound better here with a 1/1 slider being on the third object http://ayu.s-ul.eu/9gUfl3RU | Ayu

Insane
SPOILER
00:03:055 (5) - This circle sounds out of place, since the sound there is barely audible and you haven’t mapped the same sound at 00:03:229 | Ayu
00:05:284 (4,7) - Same goes for these circles, the other objects in the pattern are mapped on a more dominant sound, making these feel completely out of place. | Ayu
02:11:884 (4,1) - This stack is hard to read. Maybe hide 4 behind circle number 3? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1454870 | Secretpipe
^ Doing that would make a big jump. I think the antijump is easier and should be kept. - Charles445
02:23:027 - Add a circle here for the vocals? | Secretpipe

CRN's Extra
SPOILER
00:02:798 (3) - I’d like this more if it wasn’t overlapping with 2 | Jenny
00:03:484 (1,2,3,4) - Make the spacing here more consistent? | Jenny
00:04:855 (5,6,7,8) - Personally, I expected a sharper turn on 8 considering it’s the last beat of this pattern and has a sort of ‘closing’ feeling to it. A square would do well for that | Jenny
00:06:570 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This whistle pattern is very inconsistent and feels weird; you should pick an instrument in the song to associate them with rather than adding them what seems like randomly | Jenny
00:11:198 (5,6) - These objects are very quiet. I recommend making them louder. | Priti
00:14:455 (1,2,3) - Make the spacing here more consistent? | Jenny
00:15:827 (1,2) - I’d strongly advise to change these to circles. This is a pattern of four strong sounds in the song, yet you map it as two sliders which makes it just a boring 1/1 rhythm. | Jenny
00:17:884 (3,4) - These sliders should start ½ later given the main melody in the song at this point | Jenny
00:18:570 (1,2,3,4) - I’d rather see this as circles (with less spacing, obviously), but this one’s pretty much your call since the pair-patterning in the music is okay with sliders even though not optimal | Jenny
00:22:684 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don’t really see what you are following here; it’s not the synths and it’s not the guitar, but what is it? Those are in the foreground so that’s what you should map to since it’s most natural, specifically for people playing this the first time | Jenny
00:40:170 (5) - This slider starts and ends on a strong vocal. You should replace it with circles. | Jenny
00:45:312 (3) - This slider should end ½ earlier to go with the guitar. Currently, it’s ending on nothing and feels weird as it’s making a sound there. | Jenny
00:48:055 (3) - Change this slider into two circles? It would fit the music better.. | Jenny
00:49:684 (5) - Remove this circle? It doesn’t fit the music.| Jenny
00:59:712 (1,2,3,4) - Make these have equal spacing? | Jenny

These same issues happen in later parts of the map. I think you should go through the map and try to fix the rest of them.
Try not to end sliders on strong beats.

Skystar's Extra
SPOILER
00:00:912 (1,2,3) - It would be a good idea to map the melody here instead of the background beat | ktgster
^ With what’s said above, I completely disagree and I believe how the intro is now works completely fine and as intended. | dkun, Charles445
00:00:912 (1) - There’s no need for this new combo as this is part of the same pattern as the previous new combo. Also, stacking this doesn’t make much sense considering the melody is transitioning here and not repeating or anything | Jenny
00:02:284 (1) - ^same thing | Jenny
00:03:484 (1) - ^same as before, keep out for future occurances by yourself please. | Jenny
00:03:655 (1,2,3,4) - why is this stacked now? You didn’t stack anything like this before so why do you do it now out of all times? The player is just getting accustomed to your way of mapping the intro and now you’re changing it again..? | Jenny
00:10:341 (1,2,3,4) - Instead of zig-zagging sliders, zig-zagging circles would work better here.. - vipto
^ I don’t see why this is so bad. It fits with Skystar’s style and is pretty fun, IMO. | dkun
00:12:055 (2,3,4) - Terrible flow. Doesnt work together at all. Additionally, spacing error. - vipto
00:12:912 (1,2,3) - Totally out of place big jump followed by this just overmapped triplet. - vipto
00:15:141 (1,2) - putting sliders takes away the whole pressure from this soundpattern which consists of consistently repeating ½ that stay at the same pressure level; turning them into sliders just makes it a 1/1 rhythm to play and doesn’t fit as there’s nothing more dominant on those beats to justify this decision | Jenny
^this occurs a lot of times throughout your map, please fix the following ones by yourself as I do not particularly want to point all of them out
00:16:684 (1,2,3) - going by the kind of “beat hail” you are following here, it’d make more sense to have this as a circle + 5*¼ combo as that just gives a more natural transition into the next pattern | Jenny
00:18:570 (3,4,5) - This doesnt even go with the music. it’s just random jumps. - vipto
00:20:970 (2,3,1) - Unecessary big jumps acompanied by this overmapped triplet. change it. - vipto
00:21:827 (4) - while I can see that you’re mapping the “held” note in the song here, you’re taking away the first (and most pressure-accentuated) beat from the stream which just makes it very weird to hit the objects following afterwards; I suggest you shorten this slider (by ¼ for example) to still emphasize the hold note but also give a better way for the player to transition into the next combo | Jenny, ktgster
00:25:427 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - this part is using circles and sliders the wrong way around; you are using sliders for the strong ½ pairs while by doing that, you turn them into weak 1/1 that do not even need an anywhere accurate click to play them and also take away most of their momentum | Jenny
00:37:770 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - why all of those new combos? this stream is practically one sound pattern, no pairs or outstanding beats in-between, so you should make it just one combo | Jenny, ktgster
00:40:855 (5,6) - there’s no kind of flowing transition between these; the player basically clicks 5’s start, holds it for a bit and then goes to 6, does the same - not exactly a point in doing this in the first place since the song is not exactly stop-and-go-y at this point but rather has a consistent flow that you should follow | Jenny, ktgster
00:42:227 (2) - why is this end hitsounded like this? there’s no pressure in the song and you didn’t do it on 1 either while both of them follow the near-exact thing; the vocals obviously changed a bit but the pressure level stays the same: strong on the slider start, none at the end, so this feels out of place and overdone | Jenny
00:46:170 (2) - the sliders before followed the vocals but this one is just put onto nothing and ends on something; wrong way around, change this | Jenny, ktgster
00:46:855 (5,6,1,2,3) - The jump from 5 to 6 is totally random. No rise in the music, nothing. And it’s followed by an overmapped triplet. - vipto
00:47:370 (3,3) - again, you are using sliders for two strong notes each while they achieve the absolute opposite of what the song is doing; what would fit here would be medium-sized stop and go circlejumps, not sliders | Jenny
00:51:312 (8,9,1) - Overmapped triplet. And i would suggest you having a slider on 00:51:484 - since it goes well with the lyrics. - vipto
00:56:627 (4,5) - This would fit the lyrics better if 4 was a ½ slider. - vipto, ktgster
00:56:627 (4,5) - I can see you’re following the vocals here but circles would do better as there’s no super huge pressure given at this point nor ¼ in the song | Jenny
00:57:655 (3,4,5,6) - this one is a bit different since there’s ½ beats in the song at this point | Jenny, ktgster
00:58:341 (1,2) - stacking those circles takes away all the momentum this section creates; a medium-sized jump would do way better here as to not make it feel as empty | Jenny
01:01:084 (1,2) - I don’t agree with having the slider end on the blue tick and having a circle at the end. the music doesn’t indicate it at all and it doesn’t even fit the lyrics. change it to just a 1/1 slider. Also fix stacking on beginning of (1) - vipto, ktgster
01:10:170 (6) - this slider starts a weaker beat (and a weaker vocal phrase aswell) than it ends on, please change that | Jenny
01:11:541 (5,6,7) - this should be a stream, given that the song is going ¼ here and you are making the player play closely-spaced ½ with these sliders | Jenny
01:13:598 (4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2) - this pattern plays ugly and the increase in spacing in each combo does not go well with the song well enough | ktgster
01:16:170 (1,2,3) - These dont fit here at all. Jumps would do way better. - vipto
01:19:770 (4,5,6) - very similar to 01:11:541 | Jenny
01:22:341 (9,10) - I can’t see why you would put those sliders like this; they have nothing in common and don’t compliment another either | Jenny
01:22:684 (1) - just as with earlier examples, ending a slider on a stronger beat than you start it on is bad and doesn’t go with the beats themselves either | Jenny
01:44:970 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I don’t think you should focus on the background beatline here but rather go with the foreground synth | Jenny
01:47:370 (3,4) - as usual, a stack ruins the whole momentum and pressure | Jenny
01:49:084 (1,2) - ^ also, why do you stack it this time when you had a jump there the two times before..? | Jenny, ktgster
01:49:941 (5,6) - spaced these out more since you just removed pressure on these notes | ktgster
01:59:712 (3,4) - make these notes closer since it looks like a 1/1 | ktgster
02:00:055 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - just as before, no need for this NC spam | Jenny
02:07:084 (1,2,3,4,5) - I can see you’re starting 1 and 2 on the guitar beats but if you do that, you shouldn’t start 5 on a background beat as that conflicts with another and just plays very unnatural; either stick with putting sliders on the guitar or put them on the beat but not variate like this as that just feels bad to play | Jenny
02:12:570 (2,3) - those sliders start on about nothing and end on a main background beat; plays bad, change that | Jenny
02:13:598 (1) - before you put a tripple and now a kickslider - the difference here is that the slider is only pressed once at the start, therefore has no pressure whatsoever on the actual beat that the tripple before ended on and makes the whole thing pointless to begin with | Jenny
02:14:798 (8,9,10,11,1) - having this as a stream ruins the whole momentum and pressure on the background beats that are 8,10 and 1; if you want to have ¼ here, use sliders on 8 and 10 to emphasize the main beatline at least | Jenny
02:15:655 (3) - I can see you started 2 on the vocals and that’s fine but why does 3 contain multiple vocal lines now? ruins the whole energy of this part and makes no sense | Jenny
02:25:084 (5) - replace this slider with two circles as to follow the vocal line as you did before; currently you are skipping a syllable which is not what you should be aiming for when focussing vocals | Jenny
02:26:112 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - no need for this NC spam, this is the phrase of vocals aswell as same soundpattern | Jenny
02:28:255 (2) - remove this circle and space the pattern more out; that’ll put more stress on the actual beats in the song and not be overmapped | Jenny
02:31:941 (2,3,5,6) - there’s really no reason to put ¼ sliders here; circles will do, really. there’s no HUGE pressure, there’s no ¼, there’s nothing that’d make sense to map like this | Jenny
02:32:970 (1,2) - putting sliders ruins the entire pressure on those vocals (which by the way are like, the strongest ones in this entire part) and kills the whole closure-to-breaktime feeling | Jenny
02:34:684 (2,3) - why did you put (3) behind (1) breaking the flow when you didn’t do this before | ktgster
02:36:741 (7) - again, skipping an important vocal phrase here and just ruining your playing rhythm | Jenny
02:38:455 (1,2,3,4) - there’s no ¼ in the song here and it doesn’t make sense to put ¼ sliders on clear-cut ½ vocals. | Jenny, ktgster
02:41:712 (3) - having this slider end on the red tick that’s starting the stream in the song just makes the whole transition very abrupt and weird; you should just make it a ½ slider and add a circle there instead | Jenny
02:43:255 (1) - this is still the same vocal line and soundpattern, no need for a new combo | Jenny
02:44:970 (1) - a) ends on a stronger beat than it starts on (which makes no sense), b) wtf is that clap doing here? | Jenny
02:51:998 (1,2,3) - doing such slider-into-tripple combos makes those parts very unnatural and not-fun to play, simply replacing it with circles would fix that | Jenny
02:59:027 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6) - yeah.. the ⅓ pattern.. the problem with that is that you had fairly narrow ½ spacing before (02:57:655 (1,2,3,4) -) that also was very alike in patterning, so you should probably either change the section before or scale the ⅓ down further (or replace them with one-time reverse sliders or alternatively circle-slider combos); I think that’d help with the readability a lot | Jenny
03:30:741 (2) - you’re skipping an important vocal here; replacing this slider with circles would help | Jenny
03:34:170 (5,6,7) - considering that all of the ¼ at this part are strongly emphasized, a stream would fit much better with the music | Jenny
03:35:370 (4) - just as 03:30:741 and earlier examples, skipping important vocal lines is not good | Jenny
03:35:884 (6,7,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - multiple things: a) why the new combo spam, b)
why the ¼, this is just ½ vocal rhythm so please map it as that (this includes making it circles, not sliders)
03:42:398 (4,5,6,7) - this part is supposed to be a stream in the song but currently, you make people it as it as two doubles which makes little to no sense; if anything, a tripple would be “okay”, but a stream is just the proper thing to do here | Jenny
03:45:312 (1) - usual thing about those sliders | Jenny
03:49:084 (1,2) - strong foregroundish ½ pattern here, and again, you let the player perform a slow and inaccurate 1/1 rhythm; doesn’t fit | Jenny
03:50:627 (1,2,3) - as with earlier examples, a stream would fit the ¼ in the song way better; if you put sliders like these, you put emphasis on the ½ ticks which is implying that there’s either only ½ or a pair-patterned ¼ rhythm going on - neither of these are the case, so change that | Jenny
03:54:570 (1) - no reason for NC here | Jenny
03:54:913 (2,3,1) - again, slider-into-double instead of a proper circle-plus-tripple combo, doesn’t go well | Jenny
03:55:770 (4) - slider-into-stream takes away the first note from the ¼ and makes this unnatural to play; change | Jenny
03:56:627 (1) - same as 03:54:913 and a lot of other examples earlier | Jenny
03:57:141 (4,5) - stack both of these sliders properly on both 03:55:598 (3) and start of 03:56:455 (6)
04:00:741 (1,2) - you have four strong ½ here yet you decide to let people click and play a 1/1 slider rhythm; not good, just as many examples before | Jenny
04:01:427 (3,4) - never never never ever make people start streaming on a blue tick unless the song has an outstanding beat there which this one doesn’t; change that. | Jenny
04:02:798 (3) - two strong vocals here, only one click; replace with circles if you want to make rhythmical sense | Jenny
04:10:341 (1,1,1) - just as with earlier examples, sliders are LESS impactful than circles as they only require one click and do two hitsounds and you’re currently emphasizing the weak beats and leaving the big strong ones up for nothing; replace those sliders with circlejumps, that’ll make a lot more sense | Jenny

01:17:198 (6,7) - Apart from being overmapped, i’d prefer a slider from 01:17:198 - to 01:17:370 - - vipto
01:18:055 (3,4,5) - Huge jumps without any reason. They dont fit the rhythm as well. Decrease spacing and move them to white tics. - vipto
01:33:998 (1,2,3,4) - While 1,2 flows fairly well, i think it’s a bit too big of a jump. 2 to 3 is just terrible. Completely breaks the flow. I suggest placing 3 on 1’s head and turning 4 into two circles to compensate for the weird spacing into the next pattern. - vipto
01:37:598 (1) - This would fit better with the music if it was circles instead of a slider. - vipto
01:39:484 (1,2,3) - This makes 0 sense at all. You have a huge jump from 1 to 2 and then too small spacing on 2 to 3. Try something like this. - vipto
01:40:341 (4,1) - Terrible spacing error. Try to decrease it somehow, maybe with the solution i suggested above. - vipto
01:41:370 (1,2,3,4) - I dont see any reason for jumps here. The guitar stays the same, no rise, no anything. Keep it on the distcance snap. - vipto
01:45:312 (2,2,2) - These slowdowns have NOTHING to do with the music and are just totally random, mapped into nowhere while being practically unreadable. Remove them. - vipto
01:48:055 (3,4,3,4) - I suggest you turn these into sliders. Would fit a lot better than circles. - vipto
01:49:941 (5,6) - Stacking these onto the previous circles doesnt make a lot of sense. Rather make them light 1/1 jumps. - vipto
02:00:055 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - I highly dislike the spam of new combos when there’s no change on the beat itself. it’s a personal opinion but it’s repeated several times and looks bad. | KiyoshiX101
^ The sliderspeed changes on each new slider. This is perfectly called for. | dkun
02:01:770 (2,3) - Having these spaced that far away from each other 02:02:112 (3,4) - becomes too big. Just move 3 closer to 2. - vipto
02:03:484 (3) - No reason for a jump right here. Just space it normally away from 2. With that you’ll stress the jumps on the following lyrics. Might do good. - vipto
02:06:912 (6) - I suggest you start a slider here, since it fits the lyrics way better than 02:07:084 (1) - , which makes 0 sense. - vipto
02:06:912 (6) - The vocal actually changes here and not 02:07:084 (1) - where the new combo is set. | KiyoshiX101
02:09:484 (1) - The NC here is wrong as well, it should be here: 02:09:655 (3) - and remove this NC at 02:10:170 (1) - KiyoshiX101
02:12:398 - start a slider here to match the lyrics. With that, start a slider here 02:12:741 - . - vipto
02:15:141 - Start a slider here to fit the lyrics. - vipto
02:23:027 - Add a circle here for the vocals?. - vipto
02:23:370 (1,2) - I still dont agree with this. Just a 1/1 slider would do a lot better than forcing difficulty out of this. - vipto
02:33:827 (3) - Shouldn’t this normally have a new combo? The vocal is changing and also there’s a sudden jump after the normal slider. | KiyoshiX101
02:34:855 (3) - Stack this directly under the start of 1? | KiyoshiX1010
02:35:027 (4) - Move this to the left so it’s symmetrical? - Charles445
02:34:855 (3) - Move this above 1 so it doesn’t overlap with it? - vipto
02:39:141 (1,2,3,4) - Lower the spacing on this pattern? The jump from 2 to 3 is big. | KiyoshiX101
02:41:370 (1) - Move this so it’s not overlapping 3 and 4? It would look better.- vipto
02:42:570 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - Make the spacing consistent? Might be more fun. | KiyoshiX101
02:56:284 (1) - Make this a ½ slider to fit the guitar? - vipto
02:59:027 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - This is very hard to read and play, because it’s ⅓ when the previous parts of the map are ¼. Maybe make the first few objects here sliders instead of circles? - Charles445
03:10:255 (4,5,6,1) - These jumps are not nice, you should keep the stream jumping at a small distance because the BPM doesn’t make it any fun. | KiyoshiX101
^ I disagree with this, this stream is very fun to play and wasn’t that hard.. -Charles445
03:34:170 (5) - Add new combo for new pattern? | KiyoshiX101
03:42:398 (4,5,6,7) - This jump is hard to predict, it might be better if it is a stacked stream instead of this jump. | KiyoshiX101
03:42:912 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - This would be easier to read if it had more consistent spacing. - vipto

Rumi's Normal
SPOILER
General - I honestly feel like you are overusing LNs here like it’s a mania convert, Why not just use them for long sounds like the voosh on 00:07:598 - After all, this is the original intention of LNs, Using them like standard sliders is just, wrong in my opinion | Priti

01:21:827 - I feel like mapping ½ here instead of 1/1 will emphasise the ¼ in the music better without being overkill on a NM | Priti

03:12:741 - why is there slowdown? it doesn’t fit with 1/4’s - onotoleonide
03:59:370 - this part is problematic. why did you use ½ holds in that way? - onotoleonide

Yui's Rain
SPOILER
General 3, Less breaks than Overdose? | Priti

for the breaks , it’s ok if its 1 or 3 ,but at least the pattern are should be jumpy like the overdose.
Seph: its one main issue, it has less breaks than Overdose. As I mentioned on my post on the map thread, it doesn’t make it less than an Overdose, a jumpy Rain with more notes (meaning more jumps) and no breaks can be simply put as an Overdose as well.
Proposed break times:
01:50:533 to 01:58:684 (02:00:055 if he want to keep the stream part)
03:12:762 to 03:16:855

00:16:684 (1,2,3,4) - Simplify like this pic |ursa
00:21:655 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Simplify like this pic |ursa
00:32:798 (8) - I’m pretty sure you were following vocals here, end the slider on 00:33:055 | Seph - I found this one okay 00:33:141 - start back to sing here, I don’t see any problem for the slider to finish here. | Drafura
00:38:112 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - you could at least arrange it better | Seph
00:44:284 (4) - I would ctrl+g this to compliment 00:43:941 (3) - and as an introduction to the incoming jump 00:44:627 (1) - | Seph
00:52:855 (2,3,4,5,6,1) - Rearrange this, pretty boring part | Seph
00:58:770 (1,2,3,4,5) - Remove and make a stream with a nice litlle curve starting at 00:58:770 - and end it at 00:59:541 - .|Drafura
00:59:627 (5) - Start the spinner there. | Seph
01:02:627 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - this part’s jump need to be reduced | ursa
01:09:312 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - same at this part too | ursa
01:11:541 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - make this at least a C shaped stream|Seph
01:25:770 - The hitsounds here are very quiet. Just to be safe, bump it up by 5%~10% Volume | Priti - Actually something more around 50-55% would make more sense.|Drafura
01:35:970 (1) - delete this|Seph
01:38:112 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - (3,4) looks badly placed, maybe rearrange them?
01:57:827 (3) - delete this|Seph
02:30:398 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I feel like white zigzag jumps are overly challenging on a Rain, you should try to go for more original patterns that aren’t as obnoxiously overused and unfitting.
02:50:813 to 03:12:741 - okay this is were it all went wrong, you see, you didn’t put any breaks. yet you placed a big break on a very mappable part. the next part (03:12:762 to 03:16:855) is where the break is better to be put|Seph
03:20:970 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - nazi, but make it V shaped.|Seph
03:45:655 (1) - Silent spinner on CtB? I don’t think that’s really rankable since the bananas act like fruits.. | Priti - With this song I see a minimum of 50% |Drafura

Zero's Overdose
SPOILER
You did a good job with NC’s for most of the map, but sometimes they seem randomly placed. Also, you have some combos that have over 15 fruits but they look like around 10 in editor because sliders count as two fruits. Example: 00:13:427 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) | Priti

Another general thing is that you don’t use curved sliders at all which make the droplets look like you just threw the sliders into the map without much thought into the visuals. | Priti

One last thing, I’d suggest you to use N:C2 for the kiais to be more consistent with the rest of the set. | Priti

m1ng's Taiko Muzukashii
SPOILER
Explanation: d = Don k = Kat D = Big Don K = Big Kat

00:25:427 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,1) - I find DK DK DK D K D to play and sound better. | Priti
00:59:712 (2) - D or K? | Priti
01:11:541 (1,2,1) - 02:33:827 (1,2,1) - 03:34:170 (1,2,1) - I’d say kkk or ddd will work better for these due to the drum not changing pitch. | Priti
01:20:284 (2,1) - DK instead of dk? fits the impact of the vocals and the strong music. | Priti
Topic Starter
Natsu

dkun wrote:

Normal
General - Due to this diff being a bit harder than Gero’s Normal, I’d suggest OD +1 For nicer spread scaling and possibly renaming it to Medium | Priti this is called normal and I don't want to put OD5 it will be not balanced with the HP and AR, since I made it with the settings in my mind, the current spread is just fine~

00:36:741 (1,2) - Make a straight line with these sliders | Secretpipe really nazi, but done
00:48:227 (2) - I think this circle should be put on a white tick | Secretpipe well, that don't make sense as you can notice the strong sound is on the red tick, you can see 00:48:227 (2,3,4) - how I was following just the strong sounds in the upbeats
00:58:341 (1) - I think this slider can have a better shape ! For example , check this slider from another mapset : http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1454834 | Secretpipe not really necessary I prefer mine
02:02:627 (4,5) - I think the flow is bad here ! Make something ? | Secretpipe Is a linear flow how can be this bad? also you don't bring me a suggestion or an idea how to improve this, also the current way is fine you just have to move the cursor in a curved way
02:12:055 - Maybe add a note after slider number 3 ? :D | Secretpipe If I map that beat I'll be forced to do a slider,since the 1/4 stream have the same sound, that's why make not sense to map just 1 of the 5 beats there, follow th vocals is the best way there.

Hard
01:38:455 (2,3) - A triple would sound better here with a 1/1 slider being on the third object http://ayu.s-ul.eu/9gUfl3RU | Ayu you right, but fixed in my way

Insane

00:03:055 (5) - This circle sounds out of place, since the sound there is barely audible and you haven’t mapped the same sound at 00:03:229 | Ayu I prefer to keep them, since Is how I feel the intro should be mapped, and yes I ignore some of them, but in places were I feel they don't have the same empathize with the others beats
00:05:284 (4,7) - Same goes for these circles, the other objects in the pattern are mapped on a more dominant sound, making these feel completely out of place. | Ayu ^ same, also just to keep this more clear, if you don't play with the rhythms, the map will end in a monotonous way If your map could fit in other songs with the same BPM, then your map is bad.
02:11:884 (4,1) - This stack is hard to read. Maybe hide 4 behind circle number 3? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1454870 | Secretpipe this stack is on purpose, you can notice I used this before too, if you can play the rest of the diff properly you'll not have problems reading this
^ Doing that would make a big jump. I think the antijump is easier and should be kept. - Charles445 and yes, Charless got my point
02:23:027 - Add a circle here for the vocals? | Secretpipe If I do that, I'll lose all the strong feeling of 02:23:370 (1) - and the sv change will not have relevance anymore
thanks for mod, just a bit sad about how long is the mod in the best diff of the set. I'll call the others mappers to check this as well, and thanks again c:
Ephemeral
just a note, we're not expecting you to apply the vast majority of these mods - we'd like you to apply as many as you feel are applicable. the primary issue that needs to be addressed to get the map fixed is the inclusion of the fixes designed for the ctb diffs and some way of addressing the difficulty spread therein.
Topic Starter
Natsu

Ephemeral wrote:

just a note, we're not expecting you to apply the vast majority of these mods - we'd like you to apply as many as you feel are applicable. the primary issue that needs to be addressed to get the map fixed is the inclusion of the fixes designed for the ctb diffs and some way of addressing the difficulty spread therein.
already talked with Yue about this, and he agree to remove the parts that are breaks on zero diff, this will fix the object density, since that's the only thing that make the spread look bad, imo.
Ephemeral
fair enough, thanks for having an excellent attitude about this, makes the whole process a lot easier
show more