Hanatan - Airman ga Taosenai (SOUND HOLIC Ver.) [Taiko|Osu|O

posted
Total Posts
show more
mingmichael
re-gratz~! xD
hoaxtory

Natsu wrote:

Since yuko SS it also a lot of others players, of course you and me are not in a high skill level, there are 1 insane and 2 extras, I think is ok to be a little challenge.
Also the pattern is hard, but I can point you like 20 maps that I can't survive 10 secs thought, and this one is playable enought and fun for a big part of the players.

those wrote:

Welp, we know the problem. Anyone wanna step up?
that stat is from the previous pattern. just saying
Any chance you still have the old skystar version?
Topic Starter
Natsu
Ah no but you can look on previous updates before the unrank :<
Xiaolin
Re-gratz~~ !!! : D
hoaxtory

Natsu wrote:

Ah no but you can look on previous updates before the unrank :<
Yes I found it, thanks.
Lucid Astray
I might be whining, but on Yuko's diff it really disturbed me.

Paint too stronk
Chewin
blame yuko 2014
Seph
can someone tell me why the ctb spread is bad?

Rain has much note density (810) vs overdose (725), you can take into the account with my map but the difficulty spread was obvious since another diff was harder, but with this one (rain having only 1 break vs overdose having 3) it doesnt really make that much difference with the difficulty since its tiring as hell
Avena
I agree with Seph.
Both diffs have pretty obnoxious copy pasta zig zags which just feel lazy, sloppy and unfitting.
Yue's diff lacks correct emphasis of HDashes and jumps, they should be on Major Beats (Snares, Crashes, Strong Vocals), But in this case it just feels random which causes the map to feel extremely unprofessional in addition to the awkward flow it already has.
Zero's diff is decent, but it doesn't scale well with the Rain AT ALL, It feels like they are both Overdoses that didn't care about eachother, which shouldn't be like that in the same mapset.
I'd actually be happy if this goes out of Qualified again to fix the CtB diffs, since at the moment this is just absurd.
[Yue]
Seph what you said is true, that the Rain diff has more combo that Overdose diff, but that does not detract from the fact that Overdose is much more difficult than Rain.

Now regarding what Priti said, I think you do not play CtB and do not know why you come to say all those things, before rank this diff, I have asked many people to do a test play, and all but absolutely everyone has told me it is a fun way to Rain by jumps, so maybe you should keep quiet and learn to respect the diff of others.

I think there will always be people who hate other people's style :l
Seph

[Yue] wrote:

Seph what you said is true, that the Rain diff has more combo that Overdose diff, but that does not detract from the fact that Overdose is much more difficult than Rain.
yes, its true, but with how rain was mapped (stated on my post) makes it no different with overdose. jumps on both diffs have no difference whatsoever, its just that overdose have farther ones than rain. but that alone does not justify its difficulty, let alone its play length

[Yue] wrote:

I think there will always be people who hate other people's style :l
its not hating, its trying to improve the map
fartownik
02:59:027 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - Never read the topic, but heard that the map was unranked due to this. It's maybe not unrankable anymore, but it's just bad. Anyone playing this map and hearing this song for the first time will probably fail, or at least miss on this (look -> me). There's absolutely no indication of 1/3 incoming, especially with such wide spacing as this. Can't you just put a 1/3 pattern that is not annoying as heck for once?
vipto
[Skystar]

00:00:227 - to 00:06:227 - This part has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the music and is overmapped to the maximum. Change it.
00:12:912 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:14:284 (3,4,1) - Overmapped.
00:15:741 (3,1) - Overmapped.
00:18:398 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:19:770 (5,6,1) - Overmapped.
00:20:970 (2,3,1) - Overmapped.
00:20:970 (2,3,1) - to 00:20:970 (2,3,1) - In this part you totally miss the rhythm with your sliders.
00:40:341 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:44:455 (4,5,1) - Overmapped.
00:47:198 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:47:884 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
00:51:312 (8,9,1) - Overmapped.
00:57:655 (3,4,5,6) - Absolutely unnecessary.
01:02:284 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
01:03:655 (5,6,1) - Overmapped.
01:06:227 (5,6) - Absolutely unnecessary.
01:07:770 (1,2,3) - Overmapped.
01:10:512 (7,8,1) - Overmapped.
01:11:884 (7,1) - Retarded spacing error
01:13:255 (1,2,3) - Overma-- wait i am getting tired of this shit. Pretty much every single triplet in this map is overmapped.
01:16:170 (1,2,3,4) - Doesnt have anything to do with the music. Dumb pattern.
01:17:198 (6,7) - Same goes for this
01:22:341 (9,10,1) - That spacing makes 0 sense.
02:07:084 (1) - Unreadable overlap. In addition, terrible rhythm.
02:09:484 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Are you serious?

Ok no, i'm gona stop here. The entire map consists of terrible spacing errors and horrifying rhythm. You didnt pay attention to anything.

This map should not be in Qualified in it's current state.
Ephemeral
unqualified due to improper ctb spread (mania is fine, taiko is pretty bad [could use a normal equivalent] but acceptable)

there's also a slew of issues that I think the other people in this thread are adequately pointing out - generally very unpolished mapset that needs a fair bit of work before it's ready, I think

will direct a community modding session at this sometime soon
Avena
Before you rerank, there's something else:
thelewa detected that the offset is off and Milli set +10 Online Offset, since it's now disqualified you can change it in the actual map instead of just online offset.

#BlameYue2014
Chewu

vipto wrote:

[Skystar]

QQ

Turn your volume up.
Jenny
A lot of issues with this:

Happens a lot when you lead an 1/2 slider into a tripple since the first beat is then skipped which just really ruins the playing flow and rhythm (if you care for that anyways).
Also applies to long sliders before breaktimes such as 01:22:684 (1) - .

Active/Passive Hitsounding
Active Hitsounding refers to hitsounds that you actually take an active part in (-> click), therefore, this refers to circles and sliderstarts; active hitsounds generate pressure behind the notes played and therefore should predominantly be set on already existing beats (or extremely natural-feeling additive mapping, but that's a rare exception).

Passive Hitsounding refers to hitsounds that occur without you actively participating (-> hitting) on them, such as sliderticks, reverse arrows, slider- or spinnerends; these do not generate pressure in playing and therefore should be feeling natural when silenced to emphasize longer/stronger notes in the music.

Take this example: You see, we have two sliders, 1/2 each - this will just sound like 4*1/2 hitnormal but effectively, it's played as 2*1/1, so you have to consider, when does it fit? Given that you only click the starts of the sliders, it could fit when the white ticks are (significantly) stronger than the red ones, resulting in a 1-(2)-1-(2) rhythm (1 = active, strong beat, (2) = passive, weak beat/no beat).

To visualize it better, you may draw a line under every active hitsound and leave the passive ones empty:

tl;dr: An active hitsound is when you click and there comes a sound, a passive one is when the object just makes a sound "by itself"/without an impact (-> click) required - keep this in mind, because passive are effectively weaker than active ones even when they "sound the same".
captin1
skystar is mostly fine as is, i'm still not a fan of the 1/3 pattern since even when i know it's coming i'm not able to play it, but the rest of the map is fun.

if it's the ctb spread that needs work, then focus on the ctb spread, don't come and rage on mapping styles you disagree with like #modhelp normally does
Drafura
I'll take a look asap at this. Meanwhile i'd like to see the people complaining to actually mod and help CtB (Let's try to go farther than just complaining please).
Skystar

Chewu wrote:

vipto wrote:

[Skystar]

QQ

Turn your volume up.
HAHAHA
Zare
In the Skystar 1/3 pattern, use 2 1/3 sliders to introduce wthe new weird rhythm, then use circles.
This is all that really needs a fix. Obviously the map isn't perfect, but it's reaaally fun and plays awesome aside from that. Most sldiers fit the vocals, so barely any issues there too. Good job Skystar. None of the overmappes circles seemed bad when playing, too.

CRN seems a little random, it's like following the overall theme of the song instead of actually following it note by note. This is okay, even if not preferred by many.
I can't say anything about the CtB diffs tho. Good luck.
Asphyxia

Zare wrote:

In the Skystar 1/3 pattern, use 2 1/3 sliders to introduce wthe new weird rhythm, then use circles.
This is all that really needs a fix. Obviously the map isn't perfect, but it's reaaally fun and plays awesome aside from that. Most sldiers fit the vocals, so barely any issues there too. Good job Skystar. None of the overmappes circles seemed bad when playing, too.
^
Ulysses
Even one CTB diff is rankable.Thus why sperad of CTB diffs is a problem of unranking issue?
Len
aaaaaaaaa
Avena

nold_1702 wrote:

Even one CTB diff is rankable.Thus why sperad of CTB diffs is a problem of unranking issue?
Because Rain has more notes than Overdose and less breaks.
Raging Bull
I like it when people complain and cant give suggestions to improve it.
Deif
Where's actually the problem with having more notes in the Rain? The difference is of about 100 notes, seeing the max combo amount, which is not THAT big in an almost 4-min song. There are other ranked maps where the same case happens: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81051

About the difficulty spread, these are the measures that were taken into consideration, but not applied by the mappers:
  1. Ballancing the amount of notes, making the Rain include more breaks, or mapping the current breaks of the Overdose.
  2. Reducing the CS of Rain to 3
When different mappers come into action within a mapset, we have to be prepared to see the different mapping styles and the more than obvious differences that will appear. Don't be surprised if the amount of notes look odd.

Rain is still a Rain, with a tricky ending. Overdose is an Overdose, with a quite calm beginning and a not so bulky note density.

If you still have ideas to improve both diffs, talk now or forever hold your peace. It would've been more helpful before the approval, but well~
Seph
If you're looking for anything worth unranking, there were parts which were silenced below 25% , and if I'm right that's unrankable since one wouldn't receive feedback if he caught a fruit or not.

Or if that doesn't count it, please check the community mod. We've placed our combined input there (me,ursa,Drafura,Priti) and we're not yet done so far since we've only touched Rain as of now.
[Yue]

Deif wrote:

Rain is still a Rain, with a tricky ending. Overdose is an Overdose, with a quite calm beginning and a not so bulky note density.
If you still have ideas to improve both diffs, talk now or forever hold your peace. It would've been more helpful before the approval, but well~
^
and..

this map had been unranked before, at that time could have said something about the Rain & Overdose, so as not to cause more problems for everyone else having a gd in this map.
Deif
Hitsounds from notes and sliders must be audible. These provide feedback for the player, and having them silent in a rhythm game doesn't make much sense. If you don't like the default sounds, then find replacements rather than silencing notes. You can use hitsounds from the Custom Hitsound Library or easily find others online. Lowering the volume of a few notes to provide a dampened effect is usually fine, but complete silence is always unacceptable. The end of a spinner (or even the entire spinner) the sliding sound of a slider, and the end of a slider can be silent, but only do it if it makes sense. Finally, you cannot silence both slider ticks and slider slides together.
Taking a look at the sections under 25%, you can find the following objects affected:
  1. 00:28:255 - Slider tick
  2. 00:30:227 - Slider end
  3. 01:00:398 - Spinner - introduction to the ending of it
  4. 02:22:684 - Spinner - introduction to the ending of it
None of them need to be increased, since they're accepted by the Ranking Criteria.

The only section whose volume can still be increased (not looking at the volume percentage they have inside the Timing Panel, but hearing it directly) is the one where the notes between 01:26:112 - and 01:33:141 - are affected. Also the 01:50:798 - to 02:00:398 - one. The rest looks perfectly audible for me.
Nyan-Zapo

Seph wrote:

If you're looking for anything worth unranking, there were parts which were silenced below 25% , and if I'm right that's unrankable since one wouldn't receive feedback if he caught a fruit or not.
what were? didn't notice them at all, guess i should lower my volume (why is that an unrankable issue anyway but meh its understandable)

Priti wrote:

I agree with Seph.
Both diffs have pretty obnoxious copy pasta zig zags which just feel lazy, sloppy and unfitting.
Yue's diff lacks correct emphasis of HDashes and jumps, they should be on Major Beats (Snares, Crashes, Strong Vocals), But in this case it just feels random which causes the map to feel extremely unprofessional in addition to the awkward flow it already has.
Zero's diff is decent, but it doesn't scale well with the Rain AT ALL, It feels like they are both Overdoses that didn't care about eachother, which shouldn't be like that in the same mapset.
I'd actually be happy if this goes out of Qualified again to fix the CtB diffs, since at the moment this is just absurd.
were you playing both or just watching auto? first: ...two mappers...two minds...two mapping styles..guess its getting obvious that they don't care about each other
mappers use copy paste alot...it's not the first time you see the same patterns reversed...
and about your zig zags...well in ctb you can move left...and right...and then left again i guess?

first of...i have no idea how to map in ctb and i suck at it so this is just an opinion of a kinda experienced ctb player

yue's rain: played it only twice but meh... was really fun/okay to play. it had some interessting patterns in it and the rain difficulty fits (did 900+ combo first try yay luck)

zero's overdose: played the maps for some hours (i suck at jumps...but thats not the problem here)
its a really...really jumpy map so...ITS OBVIOUS THAT IT HAS LESS NOTES THEN YUES MAP...and well...its up to a mapper what he thinks what makes a map hard (those wide jumps are pretty tricky for newer player)
jumps are pretty tireing after some time so it's a blessing to have those three breaks to get a clearer mind and have some time to get all the upcoming jumps into your head before it starts again

overall: both maps are okayish, but what do you exspect?mapping is a evolving system and instead of just bitching about people's second or third ranked ctb diff you can just give them tipps to improve in their NEXT maps

hope i wasn't to rude and the stuff i wrote made some sense yep i'm a bit pissed
Avena

Raging Bull wrote:

But yea, we actually did this Community Modding Session thing again, should be posted in a few hours.

Deif wrote:

There are other ranked maps where the same case happens: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/81051
This map is really strange lol, Some people say Another is harder, some people say Extra is harder.
[Yue]

Priti wrote:

But yea, we actually did this Community Modding Session thing again, should be posted in a few hours.

I think after reading this, you realize you said it in a way mocking , I do not like that sort of thing.
khan119
Holy shit this map has more diffs than I have pants and gets reranked more often than I chan even change my pants
Avena
#DonatePants2Sugoi
Jenny
I'm ready for all of you, I'M SO READY.
Topic Starter
Natsu

Seph wrote:

can someone tell me why the ctb spread is bad?

Rain has much note density (810) vs overdose (725), you can take into the account with my map but the difficulty spread was obvious since another diff was harder, but with this one (rain having only 1 break vs overdose having 3) it doesnt really make that much difference with the difficulty since its tiring as hell
so yeah removing the Rain diff the spread will improve?? that make no sense, there are 2 diffs in a 4 mins song, with different styles the object density can be different.

Raging Bull wrote:

Drafura
I'll keep an eye on the modding session, but i've planned to fully mod it when everything is applied/timing fixed. I wish for the future that CtB modders wake up before ranking when they have ideas on how to make a spread better.

25% volume is rankable, 5-10% isn't in most case imo. If 25% fits is another thing.
Max Combo isn't a difficulty criteria in any game mode afaik.

Anyway, now that it is unranked let's take the chance to make it better.
DakeDekaane
Can't Qualify Airman
Avena
#Wait4dkun2014
show more