[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
431
show more
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Yamadash wrote:

TMy only complaint is the transparency on the hitcircles. I have a hard time streaming because of it. I was able to make the middle of the hitcircles solid, but it looks really bad if I mess with anything else (I'm not too skilled in photo manipulation)

For some reason I'm not able to add my own files to the skin. For example, my own hitsounds. When I do it still uses the default hitsounds.
There should be a full circle hitcircle in the extra folder. Not sure about the hitsounds. It should work.


Shavit-sama wrote:

I think you should add hit300-0(@2x).png, etc.. to remove the 300 hits from being displayed but still show on ranking panel.
Amazing skin anyways :)
Couldn't the user make copy the hit300 from the extra folder and use blank.png to do the same thing? Just wondering.


Thanks for the comments.
Nyaarlathotep
Oh. I probably should have tried those in the extra folder before asking. And I solved the problem I was having with the hitsounds. The solution was a bit unorthodox but it worked.

Now this is the perfect skin.
shavitush

Uruoki wrote:

Shavit-sama wrote:

I think you should add hit300-0(@2x).png, etc.. to remove the 300 hits from being displayed but still show on ranking panel.
Amazing skin anyways :)
Couldn't the user make copy the hit300 from the extra folder and use blank.png to do the same thing? Just wondering.


Thanks for the comments.
I don't think everyone knows how to do it, I know though, but most people just use the .osk which is the most simple way to install the skin.
nooph
very interesting skin and concept. it's very nicely made.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
New update.
Prendeon
is there any chance that you implement circle trails or whatever you call them?
Pannari
Lovely.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Prendeon wrote:

is there any chance that you implement circle trails or whatever you call them?
Cursor trail or the sky writing that happens when you hold down "C"?
- Reru -
Nice looking skin, I look forward to using it, I really enjoy the colors by the way <3 :) Keep up the good work!
Prendeon

Uruoki wrote:

Prendeon wrote:

is there any chance that you implement circle trails or whatever you call them?
Cursor trail or the sky writing that happens when you hold down "C"?
No sorry, i mean the lines that show you where the next hit circle will be when they have a great distance for example.


edit: wow i didn't know theres an extras folder in the skin pack. Found the followpoints. Thanks anyway!
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Prendeon wrote:

No sorry, i mean the lines that show you where the next hit circle will be when they have a great distance for example.


edit: wow i didn't know theres an extras folder in the skin pack. Found the followpoints. Thanks anyway!
No problem. I'm going to make it more clear in the first post that there is an extra folder.
Sulfix-
Really nice skin, its easy to read and looks good.
Richard2q2
Awesome skin! I love skins that are simple looking and just have that awesome feel to it. This skin is my main now :D

edit: What Prendeon said about the followpoints, what do I do to put it into the skin? Sorry I'm still kinda new at this stuff :/

edit: NVM I GOT IT :D
tn5421
I like this.
kitsune9872

Richard2q2 wrote:

Awesome skin! I love skins that are simple looking and just have that awesome feel to it. This skin is my main now :D

edit: What Prendeon said about the followpoints, what do I do to put it into the skin? Sorry I'm still kinda new at this stuff :/

edit: NVM I GOT IT :D

Syrus wrote:

Wow, this is very interesting, I never thought that a colour of a skin actually even mattered. Keep up the good work.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
I am slowly working on redoing the colors. I have been playing with this skin for quite some time and noticed and some colors don't work as well as others. Here is a preview of what the new colors will look like. The colors may not match up that well in the pictures, but you get the idea. No clue on when the update will be though.

Top picture will be old colors, bottom will be new.
Example.
Old
New
Old
New







It is not a noticeable difference in the screenshots, but they are a lot easier on the eyes.

Edit: Updated OP with teaser for upcoming update with the new colors.
Agrrox
I love you Uruoki <3. Really great skin. I think this is really great approach to skinning. There are many skins which hurt their users with those SHINNY and badly antialiased elements.
I'd like to ask you how do you colorize the hit-bursts to nice and eyefriendly greyed out color? How can i do it ? Wanna make my own hit-burst but dont how to do it in PSD.

I have suggestion for a good line-style follow-point. You can include it into your skin or at least make it as DLC (downloadable content)
Reason why this follow-point is that its minimalistic and barely visible which make u focus more on circles and reduce the glow.

edit: One detail on it, when playing hidden with this follow-point. The ends are kinda distracting because of the angularity maybe remake it and make the ending and start of the line fade into transparent ?


ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THIS TOO :D
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

I'd like to ask you how do you colorize the hit-bursts to nice and eyefriendly greyed out color? How can i do it ? Wanna make my own hit-burst but dont how to do it in PSD.
For just the colors, you can add a Black and White Gradient Map in Photoshop.

Agrrox wrote:

I have suggestion for a good line-style follow-point. You can include it into your skin or at least make it as DLC (downloadable content)
Reason why this follow-point is that its minimalistic and barely visible which make u focus more on circles and reduce the glow.

edit: One detail on it, when playing hidden with this follow-point. The ends are kinda distracting because of the angularity maybe remake it and make the ending and start of the line fade into transparent ?

ALSO I WANT TO KNOW WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK ABOUT THIS TOO :D
Are you suggesting a more rounded follow-point?
Agrrox
i suggest this kind of followpoint but with rework, Making the end points with transparent transition. I mean when u play with this u will notice how sharp and distracting is end of followpoint
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Agrrox wrote:

i suggest this kind of followpoint but with rework, Making the end points with transparent transition. I mean when u play with this u will notice how sharp and distracting is end of followpoint
So if I understand you, something like this?



Edit: Planckian Locus update has now been released. Please enjoy and leave any feedback and I will work on them as soon as possible.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply