forum

[11.30.14] Luminance

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kamikaze
This skin is absolutely awesome! It did wonders to my nomod readability, and it allows me to play without tiring my eyes, which I had problems earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if this skin would get featured in skin showcase soon :D Great job!
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Thanks.

Updated first post with new screenshots. Still need to get around to uploading video unless someone else will do it.
Kamikaze

Uruoki wrote:

Still need to get around to uploading video unless someone else will do it.
I can do it, but tell me if it has to be some specific mode, or just a replay?
Topic Starter
Uruoki
30 second to a minute of each game mode should be enough. Maybe osu standard spinner also.

If you do, thanks in advance.
Kamikaze
If I get my vegas running I'll do it :)
EDIT: Ok, it's done, but unfortunately only version that I got running was 12 trial version so I couldn't disable that watermark floating at the bottom. But I hope you'll still like it :D

My 1st time doing this seems not so bad after all
DakeDekaane
Downloaded this and it's very friendly to play at night, nice work, I only have a little complain about the taiko scrollbar in kiai, is too bright imo.

I know this skin wasn't mean for editing, just noticed you have hitcircleselect and hitcircleselect@2x inversed (256x256 and 128x128 respectively, it should be in the other way).

Nice work tho.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

DakeDekaane wrote:

Downloaded this and it's very friendly to play at night, nice work, I only have a little complain about the taiko scrollbar in kiai, is too bright imo.

I know this skin wasn't mean for editing, just noticed you have hitcircleselect and hitcircleselect@2x inversed (256x256 and 128x128 respectively, it should be in the other way).

Nice work tho.
Didn't notice hitcircleselects being wrong size. As for the Taiko scrollbar, I left that out because the size was too much of a pain to figure it out. However I have added a quick "hotfix" for it. It may be the wrong size, but it works. Both of these are in the newest download.

-Kamikaze- wrote:

If I get my vegas running I'll do it :)
EDIT: Ok, it's done, but unfortunately only version that I got running was 12 trial version so I couldn't disable that watermark floating at the bottom. But I hope you'll still like it :D
-snip-
My 1st time doing this seems not so bad after all
Added to the first post. Thanks for the video. The watermark is fine.
ItsAndie
The skin fails to import so I can't use it. Both downloads are the same so I can't solve the problem by going to the zip file either. Is there a way around this?
Antilx
Nice job man this skin is awesome.
Saturnalize
osk data is broken

zip files links to the osk files

mmokay

For the new broken osk, use WinRAR archiver to extract it.

Have I told you that I love this skin?
Topic Starter
Uruoki

ItsAndie wrote:

The skin fails to import so I can't use it. Both downloads are the same so I can't solve the problem by going to the zip file either. Is there a way around this?

Saturnalize wrote:

osk data is broken

zip files links to the osk files

mmokay

For the new broken osk, use WinRAR archiver to extract it.
Fixed the zip download link being incorrect.

I'll look into the osk file. OSK file is being fixed right now.

Should be fixed now.
Saturnalize
I laughed at taiko-hitcircle but nah it disturbing for me.

Also why is that taiko-slideris imperfect ; ;

std is just perfect. I love you.

I tried ctb but I think I'm too noob to give you critics on it. What I feel is that it's nice although I couldn't see the fruit clearly with default skin combo colour, or it was me!

Not to mention that it's pretty good in mania.

I will use this skin for a while. Big applause for this skin.
Miralee
one of the best skin really awesome 8-)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Saturnalize wrote:

I laughed at taiko-hitcircle but nah it disturbing for me.

Also why is that taiko-slideris imperfect ; ;
I tried using plain taiko-hitcircles, however a taiko player said it was hard to read. He said he used faces for the hitcircles, so I figure the black breaks up the solid colors and makes it easier to read. So I decided to make my own faces for it.

As for the slider, I tried and tried to get the resolution correct. However any kind of small changes I made seem to worked against me. I may mess with it again laster. It should get the job done though.

Edit:Cinema icon is now skinned.
Volcanism
The best skin that I've used, no doubt. I feel like it has improved my reading and it's safe to say that I won't be using a different skin for a very long time. Thanks :D
Game Dekade
I Love you for that awesome skin <3.
But somehow all my sliders are coloured black today. My preformance is way worse since that. Is it because of a skin update or did i do something wrong ?
I reloaded the skin but nothing changed ?
chelly
Awesome skin. Downloaded!
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Game Dekade wrote:

I Love you for that awesome skin <3.
But somehow all my sliders are coloured black today. My preformance is way worse since that. Is it because of a skin update or did i do something wrong ?
I reloaded the skin but nothing changed ?
t/192473

It is known. I think a new update fixed it though.
Eminent
My first time posting just to say how awesome this skin is. I really love the look and feel of everything, and I've been using it for about a week now. I've even got a few of my friends hooked on it as well ^.^ Thanks sooo much for taking the time and effort to research and craft out this masterpiece.
Zanfii
Awesome skin, been using it for a few days now and I love it
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Currently working on reducing/optimizing the skin. It wasn't too bad...however there was a few post saying they had FPS issue. I noticed a few here and there, but nothing unplayable. I found the reason, but I decided to do the whole skin. At least the main parts anyway. Nothing will change design wise. Everything is just getting resized to make the file size smaller and it should make it easier for low-end devices. That way they don't have to load up a 152px cursor when they really need to load a 92px cursor. That is 120px less that your GPU has to render. Some files may get removed, but they are not being used anyway. Think there may be a few things I will add, but nothing too big.

To keep things short, if you have performance issues with this skin, I am working on. I want this to be the best skin for everyone, so I have been researching and keeping an eye on things.
eins_zwei_drei
Ty, I will try it.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
Updated download. Hopefully this will help people that get FPS issue (if any).

Edit: Just noticed that Taiko got messed up.

Fixed.
Nyaarlathotep
This skin is great. The hitcircle colors are slightly different, enough for you to pick up that it's a new combo, and the cursor doesn't clash with the hit circles at all. It feels very responsive.

My only complaint is the transparency on the hitcircles. I have a hard time streaming because of it. I was able to make the middle of the hitcircles solid, but it looks really bad if I mess with anything else (I'm not too skilled in photo manipulation)

For some reason I'm not able to add my own files to the skin. For example, my own hitsounds. When I do it still uses the default hitsounds.
shavit
I think you should add hit300-0(@2x).png, etc.. to remove the 300 hits from being displayed but still show on ranking panel.
Amazing skin anyways :)
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Yamadash wrote:

TMy only complaint is the transparency on the hitcircles. I have a hard time streaming because of it. I was able to make the middle of the hitcircles solid, but it looks really bad if I mess with anything else (I'm not too skilled in photo manipulation)

For some reason I'm not able to add my own files to the skin. For example, my own hitsounds. When I do it still uses the default hitsounds.
There should be a full circle hitcircle in the extra folder. Not sure about the hitsounds. It should work.

Shavit-sama wrote:

I think you should add hit300-0(@2x).png, etc.. to remove the 300 hits from being displayed but still show on ranking panel.
Couldn't the user make copy the hit300 from the extra folder and use blank.png to do the same thing? Just wondering.

Thanks for the comments.
Nyaarlathotep
Oh. I probably should have tried those in the extra folder before asking. And I solved the problem I was having with the hitsounds. The solution was a bit unorthodox but it worked.

Now this is the perfect skin.
shavit

Uruoki wrote:

Shavit-sama wrote:

Couldn't the user make copy the hit300 from the extra folder and use blank.png to do the same thing? Just wondering.

Thanks for the comments.
I don't think everyone knows how to do it, I know though, but most people just use the .osk which is the most simple way to install the skin.
nooph
very interesting skin and concept. it's very nicely made.
Topic Starter
Uruoki
New update.
Prendeon
is there any chance that you implement circle trails or whatever you call them?
Pannari
Lovely.
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Prendeon wrote:

Cursor trail or the sky writing that happens when you hold down "C"?
- Reru -
Nice looking skin, I look forward to using it, I really enjoy the colors by the way <3 :) Keep up the good work!
Prendeon

Uruoki wrote:

Prendeon wrote:

Cursor trail or the sky writing that happens when you hold down "C"?
No sorry, i mean the lines that show you where the next hit circle will be when they have a great distance for example.

edit: wow i didn't know theres an extras folder in the skin pack. Found the followpoints. Thanks anyway!
Topic Starter
Uruoki

Prendeon wrote:

No sorry, i mean the lines that show you where the next hit circle will be when they have a great distance for example.

edit: wow i didn't know theres an extras folder in the skin pack. Found the followpoints. Thanks anyway!
No problem. I'm going to make it more clear in the first post that there is an extra folder.
Sulfix-
Really nice skin, its easy to read and looks good.
Richard2q2
Awesome skin! I love skins that are simple looking and just have that awesome feel to it. This skin is my main now :D

edit: What Prendeon said about the followpoints, what do I do to put it into the skin? Sorry I'm still kinda new at this stuff :/

edit: NVM I GOT IT :D
tn5421
I like this.
kitsune9872

Richard2q2 wrote:

Awesome skin! I love skins that are simple looking and just have that awesome feel to it. This skin is my main now :D

edit: What Prendeon said about the followpoints, what do I do to put it into the skin? Sorry I'm still kinda new at this stuff :/

edit: NVM I GOT IT :D

Syrus wrote:

Wow, this is very interesting, I never thought that a colour of a skin actually even mattered. Keep up the good work.
show more