forum

[invalid] [Editor] Lock Playback Rate

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
- M a o n -
I would really like an option to lock the playback rate so that it won't change while I'm mapping.

YGOkid8 wrote:

pressing the up and down directional arrows on the keyboard affects the playback rate, so maybe you're accidentally pressing those?
I have checked this and that is probably the reason why it goes down. However, because my down key is so sensitive, it would still be nice to have the ability to lock the playback rate. It's almost impossible to avoid pressing the key down while I'm mapping.
deadbeat
that sounds more like a bug. it shouldn't be changing automatically at all....
Topic Starter
- M a o n -

deadbeat wrote:

that sounds more like a bug. it shouldn't be changing automatically at all....
I see... well it's been doing that to me since I first started mapping, so I thought it was normal.

I only brought it up now because I've finally gotten tired of it.
YGOkid8
pressing the up and down directional arrows on the keyboard affects the playback rate, so maybe you're accidentally pressing those?
CXu

YGOkid8 wrote:

Completely unrelated but: shit, learning something new every day.
Topic Starter
- M a o n -

YGOkid8 wrote:

I don't think that's what is happening, because sometimes it goes down slowly and other times it quickly goes down to 50%. I might be doing it when it's going down slowly, but when it goes down to 50% I think it goes down faster than the arrow keys can make it go down.

Plus there was one time when it went down to 50% twice in a row and all I was doing was playing through the song normally. I don't even think I was pressing any buttons.

Actually, I just remembered that my down arrow key is extremely sensitive and doesn't even need to be pushed down all the way like the other keys. I just have to lightly touch it.

Either way, next time I map, I'll pay attention to what keys I press and see if it is because of the arrow keys or if it is automatic. (or both)
Endaris
I think this is invalid as the option to move the playbackrate freely got removed and only 100/75/50/25 are possible - and it doesn't move any longer through pressing arrowkeys.
I remember being terribly confused about that when watching Charles' Timing Tutorial but yeah, this should be marked as invalid/added