forum

mindblock help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bananahira
the title.
just on full handstream files, i tried a lot of packs on etterna/here, rating them up/down and i still can't pass Fullerene's Fredom Dive and Icyworld's Future Dominators.

any tips? my mind can't handle that speed and im supposed to be able to do it since i have nearly 500 game hours.
i also do not grind those files on repeat, i try them like 2 or 3 times and just left them, i do not play them every day, i try the i fell confident about the speed like once a month.
AstalFanBoy
i dont think this is mindblock. You're just not ready for those files (no offense). Grinding something also doesn't mean you'll mindblock it. Take me for example, I have lots of attempts in fastest crash but I haven't mindblocked it at all. This goes for everything I have high attempts in. No mindblock. It's all about playing things and slowly rising. As for saying you have 500 game hours, hours don't matter. It just shows that you play a certain amount of time. Sure you'll get good as you play more but bigger number doesn't equal better person
Gamesnake7

Znow wrote:

i dont think this is mindblock. You're just not ready for those files (no offense).
Definitely true, I've watched Etienne's video on how to improve in Etterna, according to him HS maps need more reading due to them needing more pattern recognition when playing certain patterns (anchors, trills, etc.)

I'm not that well versed in playing those kind of maps, but if you want to play them then downrate, lower BPM doesn't make a handstream map easier than a jumpstream map of the same level

Hopefully you can take those things into consideration, until then, bye!
pofnkul
worrying about what you can do at certain hours of playtime isn't worth it everyone has their own improvement curve.

also goign for passes is a pretty bad habit imo
UltraBlack
Handstreams are insanely difficulty if you don't play them, visually saying they are the hardest thing (after ln) to hit. I also have some problem with ln and what i can say is to play more but easier or slowed down handstream to build muscle memory. Also the time that you have in game doesn't mean anything if you spent it wrong lol
Hoshimegu Mio
What I’m seeing from you is that you repeatedly ask for help here, but don’t really take people’s advice into account afterwards. You’re basically making the same mistakes over and over again, and you will lose yourself into this everlasting loop of playing, stressing, and getting help.

I might’ve been a bit too harsh on this statement but seriously speaking, if you don’t trust our genuine help, then we can’t do anything.
Topic Starter
bananahira

YyottaCat wrote:

What I’m seeing from you is that you repeatedly ask for help here, but don’t really take people’s advice into account afterwards. You’re basically making the same mistakes over and over again, and you will lose yourself into this everlasting loop of playing, stressing, and getting help.

I might’ve been a bit too harsh on this statement but seriously speaking, if you don’t trust our genuine help, then we can’t do anything.
some tips work, some tips don't lol
there's a huge lack of tips for players like me
Kaaruumii

bananahira wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

You say that but literally are the one here who has gotten the most amount of tips possible out of everyone in the mania subforum
Stomiks

MFGSTC wrote:

bananahira wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

You say that but literally are the one here who has gotten the most amount of tips possible out of everyone in the mania subforum
Handpicking tips lmao
AstalFanBoy
???????????
wtf. of course some tips work and some don't but what do you mean "lack of tips for players like you"? How can there be a lack of tips for you if you're not even like 2 digit. If you were 3 digit maybe but even then that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe you're just not even asking the right things or like everyone else said you're just not taking our tips and just looking and playing.
Kaaruumii
I think we may have been too harsh on him
Stomiks

MFGSTC wrote:

He needs to learn a lesson though
iShanoa

bananahira wrote:

the title.
just on full handstream files, i tried a lot of packs on etterna/here, rating them up/down and i still can't pass Fullerene's Fredom Dive and Icyworld's Future Dominators.

any tips? my mind can't handle that speed and im supposed to be able to do it since i have nearly 500 game hours.
i also do not grind those files on repeat, i try them like 2 or 3 times and just left them, i do not play them every day, i try the i fell confident about the speed like once a month.
It takes time to get used to things. And what others always say, don't spam the same maps over and over again. Play easy maps/maps with entirely different patterns in between your grinding sessions and take breaks. I usually take a day or two or weeks of break before I can fully function again. I do play a bit during my breaks though. Some songs that I'd love to hear. XD

Frankly speaking, I'm noob so you can ignore this.
Topic Starter
bananahira

Kaaruumii wrote:

as i said lol, i´ve been over some stuff hat worked and some that actually made me play kinda worse, i do try everiything as is literally written.

Stomiks wrote:

Handpicking tips lmao
nah, some stuff actually worked like being less harsh on myself and actually enjoying the game, but on technical stuss i do my best to do tahe stuff you guys tell me to do, but sometimes some stuff hits me horribly

Znow wrote:

???????????
wtf. of course some tips work and some don't but what do you mean "lack of tips for players like you"? How can there be a lack of tips for you if you're not even like 2 digit. If you were 3 digit maybe but even then that's a bit of a stretch. Maybe you're just not even asking the right things or like everyone else said you're just not taking our tips and just looking and playing.
on "lack of tips for players like you"? i mean by specifically dealing with harsh stuff, i have a lot of packs of training maps and i swear to god that practicing a dense handstream downrated or uprated to recognize patterns nad get finger independence can be frustrating to me when going against the stuff thats hard for me, sorry if a sounded to rude on it.

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

e needs to learn a lesson though
ye i do take seriously every tip a rando gives me to get better as a player/person, bc you know. sometimes this game makes you feel like garbage.

iShanoa wrote:

bananahira wrote:

the title.

It takes time to get used to things. And what others always say, don't spam the same maps over and over again. Play easy maps/maps with entirely different patterns in between your grinding sessions and take breaks. I usually take a day or two or weeks of break before I can fully function again. I do play a bit during my breaks though. Some songs that I'd love to hear. XD

Frankly speaking, I'm noob so you can ignore this.
thats what i actually avoid, grinding the same maps over and over cant help, bruteforcing stuff is stupid as playing only for passes down 94.00% acc, also i have very hard times on chords, full LN, and some tech maps on 5*, so on my sessions i play uprated jumpstreams (sometimes going upwards 5.5* to 6.5*), dumps, Tech LN and chords less harder than The Lost Dedicated.
my maps folder is nearly only stepmania/etterna/loved/abandoned practice masp for every playset, i do farm pp a little, but farming haven´t realy helped me to improve more than keeping a good ratio.

i came back from a very long break due to hard school and work (bc is actually pretty sad to be losing against teens that play 40 hours a day [twosetviolin joke]) so im gonna try to relearn my reading tecnique on handstreams.
i spend my free time getting better at MK11, and it actually went great, still hate the toxicity of that community.
so thanks for the tips and wish me luck.
YuJJun
Ngl but playing 7k boosted my 4k skills a giga ton, might wanna try that if u wanna sacrifice a few months. My stamina and note reading ability improved SO much more when I got into 7k, and I found my 4k skills increasing without even practicing them like before. Additionally, your 5k/6k skills will also increase automatically (did for me), so there's my manifesto on why 7k is epic.

4k players pls dont kill me