forum

need help with whistles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oliwka brazil
hey , im trying to make maps better but i don't know how to use whistles , when i should use them etc , please help
Eni
Most mappers use soft-hitwhistle to follow the layer of the music they're following (often vocals, but it's common to add whistles for melodies as well, or even use them as additive rhythm).

For slower parts of the song, mappers usually avoid whistling all the vocals. One example is Nao Tomori's Koborezu no Negaigoto. An example with whistles as additive rhythm would be Nao Tomori's New World.
THAT_otaku
soft whistle: yeah the above^ vocals or soft melodies whatever like piano for extra emphasis
normal whistle: for strange sounds like ones in tech songs to emphasise them, rarer usage these days i feel like. For old style mapping idek, it is still used alot for vocals or more prominant sounds in place of other hitsounds, old style hitsounding is hard to describe
drum whistle: i have no idea, if that sound ever pops up in a song then yeah- lol

It all comes down to the same thing as other hitsounds, when theres a sound in the song youve mapped, just try to match it with a hitsound that is similar; if there a whistle or light sounds in the song then use whistles