forum

Do you guys ever feel like fainting when you play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaaruumii
Today I was playing a few marathon maps without taking breaks and by the end of it I feel like I'm gonna faint if I play more and I am extremely light headed at the moment, does this ever happen to you? or is this not normal
togmea
???? please do not play when youre about to pass out
Stomiks
I can assure you, feeling light headed when playing is definitely not a good sign.
Xenwut
what
DFSXV
Stop.
midgy
definitely wanna take a break, maybe even talk to a doctor? does this happen with other more physical activities (e.g. running)?
Topic Starter
Kaaruumii

midgy wrote:

definitely wanna take a break, maybe even talk to a doctor? does this happen with other more physical activities (e.g. running)?
actually yes i never really ran in highschool but when i had to sometimes i would push myself way too hard (aka the minimum that i need to do to get good grades in PE) and i would feel the same way as i do when i played yesterday, hell i only got like 4 hours of sleep too last night
midgy

MFGSTC wrote:

actually yes i never really ran in highschool but when i had to sometimes i would push myself way too hard (aka the minimum that i need to do to get good grades in PE) and i would feel the same way as i do when i played yesterday, hell i only got like 4 hours of sleep too last night
would highly recommend getting a check up from a doctor and telling them that, they will be able to give you exercises to use or be able to know if a bigger issue is at play here, no one on this forum is gonna know enough i think
TheAngryNerd101

MFGSTC wrote:

I think sleep might be the bigger issue here. I ran a lot before high school and I'm still in relatively good shape (although my stamina kinda sucks, I can no longer sprint for extended periods of time), but getting 4 hours of sleep makes me feel like I'm dying and about to pass out, and normally I get 5-6 hours of sleep per night because my internal clock is absolutely fucked and school is very demanding. Sleep deprivation seriously sucks, it affects anyone regardless of their physicality. Whether you're a professional athlete or just some ordinary guy, not getting enough sleep will make you feel like shit.

That isn't to say that physical health in general doesn't play a role, though. Since (I'm assuming) your physical health isn't very good, you tend to tire out fast in physically exhausting activities, and since your body isn't used to it, it could be the reason why you feel like fainting afterwards. Your heart probably isn't used to beating so fast either, so your heart beating faster than usual can cause you to feel really lightheaded.

Now, combine the sleep deprivation and your physical health, as well as forcing your body to do physically demanding tasks (playing marathon maps), and you now have recipe for fainting (not eating and dehydration also play a part in this). It's too much for your body to handle, you're too fatigued. Because of this, there's an inadequate blood flow to your brain, thus making you feel like you're about to faint.

It reminds me of that time HungryBox passed out on stream. He didn't sleep much, he didn't eat that day, he streamed for 7 hours in a Melee tournament and he expended a lot of energy very quickly (his heart was likely racing fast, too from the tension) during his popoff, causing him to faint.

I recommend sleeping at least 7 hours a day and getting a good intake of food and water, as well as exercising a bit so your heart and body get used to these strenuous tasks. Don't expend too much energy too quickly, either. Also go see a doctor, this sounds serious.
Topic Starter
Kaaruumii
I usually do get 7 - 8 hours of sleep but this was just a one off thing, and now that you mention it sometimes i just play mania without eating the whole time not really caring if i did eat previously or not. I didnt play yesterday so im just gonna play easier today but thanks for such a long answer lol.
TheAngryNerd101
No problem, take care!
Topic Starter
Kaaruumii

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!
said i was gonna play easier today but i just beat the 4th dan today lol (inb4 ppl say im bad for my rank cuz i am a pp farmer no shame)

Stomiks

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!
said i was gonna play easier today but i just beat the 4th dan today lol (inb4 ppl say im bad for my rank cuz i am a pp farmer no shame)

Tbf if someone's mad because you're a pp farmer then they should do it too to make it fair.
Gamesnake7

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

Cool btw
Hoshimegu Mio

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

Flashbacks to me getting destroyed by Angel of Darkness.
Gamesnake7

YyottaCat wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

That map made me drop from a 98 to 97 on a reclear (same session as Cyber 0.9 93 btw)
togmea

YyottaCat wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

FR 3rd to 4th dont fuck around, back when 3rd was piss easy and then you get whiplashed from long trills and double jumps by 4th that none of the previous maps prepared you for
midgy

MFGSTC wrote:

people who hate on pp farmers probably just can't farm themselves tbh, it's literally the only way to compete in ranks.

and i say this as someone who hates pp farm and doesn't play ranked
Topic Starter
Kaaruumii

togmea wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

FR 3rd to 4th dont fuck around, back when 3rd was piss easy and then you get whiplashed from long trills and double jumps by 4th that none of the previous maps prepared you for
i went straight to 4th right after i beat 3rd and got 94.11% on the 4th first try, got 95.67% before last song tho. Said fk it and told myself that ill prob beat it in a month so i didnt play it until today and got it first try (also my current scroll speed kicks my ass but im getting used to it)
reinosk
Hey... Rest is necessary, don't push yourself. Drink more to stay hydrated.
Stomiks

midgy wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

people who hate on pp farmers probably just can't farm themselves tbh, it's literally the only way to compete in ranks.
Yeah. That's also why there's pinned scores for a reason.
de_pression

MFGSTC wrote:

togmea wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

i went straight to 4th right after i beat 3rd and got 94.11% on the 4th first try, got 95.67% before last song tho. Said fk it and told myself that ill prob beat it in a month so i didnt play it until today and got it first try (also my current scroll speed kicks my ass but im getting used to it)
Dont get overly fixated on Dan course tho, i know they're kinda addicting when you actually get into it, but its not gonna look pretty in the long run, just remember that Dan is just 4 songs in a single maps, thats it, don't use it as a skill measurements test, a lot of new players tend to focused more on Dan than actually improving (personal experience too btw), that's just my takes on Dan, its up to you to care about my opinion or not
Gamesnake7

de_pression wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

togmea wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

Dont get overly fixated on Dan course tho, i know they're kinda addicting when you actually get into it, but its not gonna look pretty in the long run, just remember that Dan is just 4 songs in a single maps, thats it, don't use it as a skill measurements test, a lot of new players tend to focused more on Dan than actually improving (personal experience too btw), that's just my takes on Dan, its up to you to care about my opinion or not
Actually true, if you want to train stamina you can just play something like Cyber Inductance on rates
Topic Starter
Kaaruumii

de_pression wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

togmea wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

TheAngryNerd101 wrote:

No problem, take care!

Yeah ik, its why i only do them once a month
iShanoa
Never! Though I've reached a point where I play so much that my brain can't process the notes falling even on 2* maps!

If you feel exhausted, just stop and rest. You can continue playing again after a few hours of rest!

I don't want you guys get sick/injuries/at worst, die(hey, this happened to the chinese guy who played non-stop! But hopefully this doesn't happen!).

I love the osu community bec u guys are cool and chill!
Koureki
take breaks man