forum

ADHD Vs. Mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bananahira
I want to know how ya'll who have ADHD actually deal with it while playing.

I saw a Reddit threat where people where talking about how they feel with being bored over low bpm maps and hyperfocus. (also that threat was for std, and i think that dealing with it is kinda different)

My problem is that i really, REALLY zone out while playing and i start thinking about other stuff and i end up losing possible great ranks, scores, pp, FC's. Sometimes that situation just makes me think that i'm not improving and gets me really frustrated at it.

SPOILER
I do used to take Meds, yes i have a diagnosis of ADHD and Asperger's mixed, so it all in a package beats my mind, but to economical reasons i stopped the treatment and the therapy, so i guess i'ts something that kind influences how i feel, but i want to know how to cope with it
SPOILER
Also, it would be great if we turn this threat into something to actually help ppl with ADHD as well
midgy
I know quite a few really great players that have adhd and/or autism, the zoning out isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, since this game is so muscle memory focused you eventually just do zone out and go into a flow state

also if your bored over low bpm maps you can just not play them really, I'm assuming by low you mean stuff that's too easy to challenge you and you don't have to play acc if you don't want to, it won't necessarily stop improvement it just means you probably won't compete on easier files leaderboards
Topic Starter
bananahira

midgy wrote:

I know quite a few really great players that have adhd and/or autism, the zoning out isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, since this game is so muscle memory focused you eventually just do zone out and go into a flow state

also if your bored over low bpm maps you can just not play them really, I'm assuming by low you mean stuff that's too easy to challenge you and you don't have to play acc if you don't want to, it won't necessarily stop improvement it just means you probably won't compete on easier files leaderboards
i wish it wasn't like that, when i zone out and use muscle memory, it's a instadeath or a bad score, even on maps i already know
Kaaruumii
Unironically try hitting the keys harder on easier stuff and try to perfect your accuracy it makes the rhythm part of the game more fun tbh
Also play more bangers that you love it really makes it more fun
Topic Starter
bananahira
bringing this up again bc i still don't know how to avoid zoning out, my brain just flies out of the room and i keep losing scores bc of it, this is stressing so much that seroiusly is making me sad on myself.
i just start imagining stuff when im playing hard files and i keep losing focus.
de_pression

bananahira wrote:

bringing this up again bc i still don't know how to avoid zoning out, my brain just flies out of the room and i keep losing scores bc of it, this is stressing so much that seroiusly is making me sad on myself.
i just start imagining stuff when im playing hard files and i keep losing focus.
My one and only "fixed" if you can even call it that, is to play background noises while playing, all if not most of my top play is set with a background noises like podcast, youtube, or just any sounds in general except music, to kinda overworked my brain?? I guess??, i dont know what im talking about, but if it works for me, maybe it'll work for you, if i don't do this, I'd just zoned out and stare blankly on my screen using only muscle memory to play, try it out, gl bro