forum

Returning to 4k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aerom
I tried returning to 4k after 6 months, but still had mindblocks from previous sessions
I did better when i forgot the mindblocks but eventually came back to my previous state
What should I do to fix this? I also suffer from severe ocd which makes it harder to forget
Kaaruumii
Seeing your recent playcount, you really just need to play easier songs to slowly derust and get back to where you were. It's all a mental thing and don't worry about how long it takes to get rid of that mindblock just keep pushing through.

tldr play more easier songs and dont stress yourself out
matvey_dub
I think playing the maps for which you have mindblock on slower rates will help, to relearn the map and muscle memory.
Topic Starter
Aerom
I get mindblocks mostly from my disorder, not muscle memory normally
How do I get rid of these? This doesn't seem to happen before I quit, most songs i play will often get mindblocked
pofnkul
i've never heard of minblocking due to a disorder. mindblock was always meant to describe when you develop incorrect muscle memory. you might be talking about something else entirely.
Topic Starter
Aerom
I got lots of mindblocks back then of muscle memory, but from a disorder at most now.
Should I take a break again from vsrg until this gets better or should I try to continue?
pofnkul
if it's a disorder you should probably seek treatment if possible. if that's not possible you'll just have to power through cuz taking a break at this point wont help
bananahira

Aerom wrote:

I tried returning to 4k after 6 months, but still had mindblocks from previous sessions
I did better when i forgot the mindblocks but eventually came back to my previous state
What should I do to fix this? I also suffer from severe ocd which makes it harder to forget
Mindblocks are rooted on your tecnique and reading skill + you're insanely rusted, i suggest you to change your skin, adjust it as much as you want or experiment with other skins, change your scroll speed (the best one is 28), and try to not rush yourself on the maps, tap what you see, not what you remember, start slow (based on your top plays, warm up on from 3.4*+ maps and just be patient, plz do not grind on the maps you are good playing, touch the maps you haven't played, it helps a lot)

you can do it bro
Topic Starter
Aerom
Thanks, I played other vsrgs and mindblocked songs i played most; still find myself able to play 3.6-3.8 stars now. Was trying to play vsrgs with big hitboxes (mostly funky friday), and don't really have much songs to pick on those games, tried to play songs i liked before i quit that i can play, ended up getting a decent score. Tried getting a better score but mindblocked the song if i think id mindblock it. Happened a few times

tldr, I easily get mindblocks before i quit, now my disorder made it easier to get one. Ill try not to repeat songs