forum

Overcomplicating gitting gud (for beginner/novice players)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Unknown550
I always had this thought

if someone chooses to not tell some nub to jUsT "play more" they're gonna tell you things a beginner/novice [1*-3*] would not understand, or HAS to.

train this pattern... do jumpstreams or stamina etc..

But if you would just play the game like a normal person (who plays a lot with no idea wtf a chordjack or jumpstream is), you'd hit 4* and easy 5* and easy pp farm 6* stars with S ranks eventually WITHIN a year regardless of talent.
!source -me on some laptop from 2020-2021 [all 4k] (yeah kinda couldnt play for a year)

**pattern training would likely speed up the process, but leaves many lower level players confused and frustrated, except korean folk who absolutely play to win from the get go

Now what we could tell these players, when appropriate
is to not repeatedly play the same map, to not overplay, and some other common mistakes new players make that i forgor. And of course tell them to play more, CONSISTENTLY. tbh feels weird to say consistently to every noob i meet

tldr i dont like seeing reddit posts of frustrated noobs asking how to get gud with people replying unnecessarily complicated answers when the noobs should just not think about that and just play more
Kaaruumii
Playing for one hour a day keeps the doctor away! until you get carpal tunnel lmao
midgy

MFGSTC wrote:

Playing for one hour a day keeps the doctor away! until you get carpal tunnel lmao
Kaaruumii

midgy wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

oki mommi anything 4 u
pofnkul
gitting gud as a beginner in simple terms is just play variety for pattern recognition until ur reading no longer sucks and play more to develop the muscle memory and accuracy to play the files

also making sure ur posture/technique isn't complete trash
midgy

MFGSTC wrote:

oki mommi anything 4 u
😳😳😳

in all seriousness i think 2 hrs a day is optimal
The Vegeto
i mean as a beginner i was also kinda frustrated when starting
pofnkul

midgy wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

oki mommi anything 4 u
😳😳😳

im 1.5 hours gang although if a session goes really well i end it at about 1 hour for reasons
Kaaruumii

midgy wrote:

MFGSTC wrote:

oki mommi anything 4 u
😳😳😳

ty for the advice i broke my pp just 4 u