forum

Questions about my map.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cosmikku
So I recently got into mapping a little while ago and one thing I noticed is that none of the uploaded songs I've made has any song preview attached in osu and osu website. But the song has a preview point. I looked around on the forums and found this community/forums/topics/296353?n=1. So I tried uploading it multiple times and setting new Preview points but no idea why its not working. Another thing is some friends tried the map and said that the video download is broken but I've yet to figure out why. Any help would be appreciated.

beatmapsets/1833172#osu/3763373
THAT_otaku
This is because your mp3(s) are not encoded correctly, likely encoded as aac and renamed to be MP3. Source your mp3 from an official source so that they are real mp3s, or re-encode the one you have to be proper mp3. These broken mp3s usually come from the not-so-legal yt-mp3 sites, dont use those.
Polyspora

THAT_otaku wrote:

This is because your mp3(s) are not encoded correctly, likely encoded as aac and renamed to be MP3. Source your mp3 from an official source so that they are real mp3s, or re-encode the one you have to be proper mp3. These broken mp3s usually come from the not-so-legal yt-mp3 sites, dont use those.
this^

you can also use https://github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui/releases if you dont find the mp3 for the song you looking for and the song is on youtube, you can choose the quality of the sound and other misc things