forum

[Mapping Contest] Mapping to Pander: Taiko #1 (Results Out!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hivie

<< Previous Iteration || Next Iteration >>
Welcome to the 1st iteration of Mapping to Pander: Taiko!

Mapping to Pander (M2P) is a contest with two primary features: there is only one judge, and you may map any song.

Your goal in this contest is simple: you must create a map that panders best to the chosen judge for the contest. The judge will not be given any criteria; it will be up to them how they score and rank the entries, either by making their own criteria, or simply sorting them from best to worst.

Each iteration of the contest will have a different judge, with different tastes and criteria from the last.
If you wish to be a judge for future rounds of this contest, please let me know!

There will be a few rules to abide by, but for the most part you are free to submit whatever song and map you desire.
1st Place: _Rise
2nd Place: Metsaller
3rd Place: Antti

Judge

The judge for this iteration of the contest will be the silliest Loved Captain out of all,
the one and only L9 Boaz!

Judging Criteria

The judging criteria is determined by the judge. For this iteration, Boaz has stated the following:

Boaz wrote:

judges impression (20 points)
song choice (10 points)
background choice (5 points)

Entry Rules

- Your map must be an osu!taiko map.

- Songs must not exceed 6:00 minutes of length.
We're going to have a bit of leeway in cases where the song is really close to the 6-minute mark.

- All submissions must abide by the Ranking Criteria.

- You must submit only ONE difficulty.

- Maps must NOT be uploaded / shared with others before judging and results are announced.

- Submissions will not be accepted after the deadlines.

Submissions

In order to submit an entry for this contest, you have to submit it through the Mappers' Guild Contest Listing, and join the Discord server
(Contact Hivie if you want to revoke your submission.)

Schedule

- Beatmapping Phase: Aug 6th -> Aug 20th 00:00 UTC+0 (2 weeks for the lazy)
- Judging Phase: Aug 20th -> Aug 27th
- Results: TBD

Times can be subject to change depending on the circumstances, all schedule updates will be posted on the server.

Rewards

1st Place: 1 month of osu!supporter + Ranked Status*
2nd Place: Boaz' bathwater (not confirmed)
3rd Place: a headpat

*: Hivie and another BN will check and push the map to ranked if the mapper wants to, and if they get the necessary diffs to form a rankable spread when needed.

PLEASE DM ME IF YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS PRIZEPOOL/FUTURE ONES THX

Thank you Tanza3D for the banner design!
arcpotato
WTF
KyeX
que
Molybdenum
mfw
clockbite
lol
iamveryfat
Dude you mixed up first and 2nd
meiqth
BEST CONTEST TO EXIST
Megafan
i won already
NekoTowel
A very based competition indeed

I like it
gothicwvlff
reminding myself to enter by writing this bc i have a low attention span
gothicwvlff
hell yeah! gamer girl boaz water
Topic Starter
Hivie
Congratulations to _Rise for winning this iteration of M2P!!! congrats to Metsaller and Antti for scoring 2nd and 3rd respectively, and thanks to everyone else for participating :D

Results sheet can be found here