forum

How has osu! changed you?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Oinari-sama
I've taken on tablets as preferred device for some work...
Please
i tap with my fingers everywhere i go until it comes to a point where people thought i have a retarded disease
Slith

Please wrote:

i tap with my fingers everywhere i go until it comes to a point where people thought i have a retarded disease
true this. and i use my ballpen imagining i have a tablet and making spinners in my notebook
Aka
improved my english.. xD
JonnyThatJonny
Developed a bit of a weeaboo side since installing the game 4 years ago. I barely watched anime or had any touch with any kind of this stuff before osu, I just started playing back then cause I liked rythm games.
Birdy
I sometimes blink in time and move my eyes with the music I listen to. When there's not too much people around, that is. Midday bus rides are fun for that, and I literally took none of them before I started playing osu!.
GenoClysm

Please wrote:

[ 67-67 ]
It made me more patient
I only watch moe anime (jk (actually jk that jk, I do only watch moe anime))
I don't listen to much English music anymore.
Destiny
It showed me how much you can actually improve at something through practice and trial and error.
billy96
Now i see osu! in my head everytime i hear a song.
Innocent Steps
make my fingers more faster (?
Mineko

Mikasa Ackerman wrote:

Bring me more good songs,that's it.
same here!
darkzombiewolf
Every time i hear a song i know i end up playing osu in my head.
-Seren-
helps me to procrastinate more
ztrot
it made me slightly anti social but in a good way
Kyonko Hizara

ztrot wrote:

it made me slightly anti social but in a good way
ZenoDiac
I don't think in terms of songs anymore. I think in terms of maps :? :? :?
Shydon
I've learned that the most important thing about an anime is the OP/ED.
-----
Get to know a lot of anime opening and ending musics without actually watch them. My English skill has improved dramatically and, most importantly, I can actually tell a song from one genre to the other genres.
Gravey-
It improves my senses i was like i'm always having adrenaline!
MeatloafCereal
Procrastination increased 210%
I handed in a form which was 2 weeks overdue
Weed
So...Many...Circles...
TakuMii
-stopped playing League of Legends
-became about 200x more picky about PC peripherals
-became somewhat more 'internet-social'
-started watching anime again (kinda)
-moe kyun
Seanald
Made me tap along to songs in my head all class
Made me imagine how beatmaps for songs I listen to would look like
Enjoy music more now
Discovered more music to listen to (doujin metal, breakcore, vocaloid)
Made me watch some anime
Dropped the amount of school work I do
Decreased my work ethic...
TransientNight
I drum everywhere.
Uncontrollably.
Muncheyz
- My Left hand used to be useless, which is why i started as mouse only. But i though i should at least try keyboard + mouse, so i did. 1 year later, here I am being able to do more things with my left hand than my right.

- Finding out about more Japaneses music artists was a big help from osu!

- Stopped playing Call of Duty

- Many things
kouzuki_karen
> Played less Black Ops (and Steam in general)
> Procrastination 2x
> Beginning to watch more animes my friends have never heard of (and they call themselves otakus)
Kemdo
Hmmm...
Whenever I talk to my friends I always mention Osu! for some reason.
Watching more Anime as I find random songs which are openings to anime.
And well - ANTI SOCIALNESS I do not even know if that is even a word but meh...
Elisha_old

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I tolerate weeaboos and Vocaloid way less than what I used to. Also I watch anime way less. And whenever I watch anime, I skip the openings and endings.
my thoughts exactly
Setsuen
Well looks like I'm not the only one who skips OP/ED of anime lol

That said, I'm now able to spot EASILY, insects that is flying near my computer(They flew in through my opened window of course) Thank you hidden mod for making me realize that insect repellent is heavily needed and also for making me realize that an insect is nearby while I'm trying to watch an anime :<
Compa
Make me have more affection to people <3
EineKrone
I'm in better terms with my sister, thanks to osu! :3
I'm also training my motor coordination, and have a better overlook in life.
Explanation
If you play games which create too much stress, you start being angry at anything. If you play cool games with cool music with cool people... Well, that's way more fun :D
And healthy ._.
[-Sophie-]_old
I have learn how 2 click circles

Serious Post Feels Incoming
Osu! Changed me in many ways, I have made alot of friends and i consider osu! my family, people are here for me and i feel really loved, i always love talking to anyone and welcoming them, osu! changed my life to, i now have a reason to get out of bed and talk to my osu! family <3 I really do love you guys :D
[-Teddy-]

[-Sophie-] wrote:

I have learn how 2 click circles

Serious Post Feels Incoming
Osu! Changed me in many ways, I have made a lot of friends and i consider osu! my family, people are here for me and i feel really loved, i always love talking to anyone and welcoming them, osu! changed my life to, i now have a reason to get out of bed and talk to my osu! family <3 I really do love you guys :D
So touching, we love you too Sophie!

osu! has changed me by introducing me to a friendly community; which I feel has helped improve my social skills... a lot as I only have two or three real life friends (yes I'm an anti-social nerd) I'm also more active in the forums then I ever was with any other game/site, I think it has also increased my reaction time. That's about it though none the less thank you peppy for creating such a lovely game!

-Shishi
EOHK-Fluttershy
Well, osu! has given me many amazing friends, and a new rhythm gaming experience that has been really great so far. Osu! has given me many great memories as well, and I know that even though I've been through dark, depressive, suicidal times, my osu! friends always have my back and for that, I can feel a sense of love and confidence in the real world :)
Koi
Nightcore + DT = acid

i learned there's a whole new level of hyper remix lol

on a serious note, i now have a wide knowledge on lots of songs that i can hum and sing c:

good friends were made through osu
Tsukimi Luna
i learned that #osu is a bad place to be in after sometimes
Narudatsu
it made me better at league of legends and starcraft(kinda). My skillshots increased in league and my APM slightly increased after I started playing harder beatmaps. Also Osu! introduced me to some animes and fantastic songs. :) I hope one day osu gets large enough to be an e-sport!!
EineKrone

Narudatsu wrote:

I hope one day osu gets large enough to be an e-sport!!
I read somewhere about some competitions, maybe it's on the way, or already is :D
Now we need osu! to start being streamed to chinese and korean TVs. Then we can say it's an e-sport :P
CXu
Mapping songs in my head whenever I listen to music.
show more