posted
Total Posts
show more
AmaiHachimitsu

Blue Dragon wrote:

thelewa wrote:

also I'm going to compete with my team

Loctav wrote:

Due to incooperative behavior and ongoing attempts to disturb this tournament in it's organization, thelewa has been banned from all future OWCs.
This was a collective decision by OWC staff.
lol yeah haha
When there was still just an announcement about OWC #4 I saw a line there that I understood as every player banned during OWC #3 can participate.
jesse1412
I find it incredible racist how the Bahrain team isn't in pending. OWC staff confirmed for anti Arabian, the sultan has been notified.
Topic Starter
Loctav
thelewa was late. Someone else registered before him.
Zare
oh, is this where the drama starts? *prepares popcorn*
Birdy
ethox

Zarerion wrote:

oh, is this where the drama starts? *prepares popcorn*
Do you believe thelewa would not have had the chance to put up a team on his own if he wanted to play? I mean even he is that on top his things. That or he does not really keep up with his hilights eyes which doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

A lot of things doesn't surprise me
Soarezi

Loctav wrote:

thelewa was late. Someone else registered before him.
3 fast 5 u lewa sry
AmaiHachimitsu
28/32 no Korea no Japan? D:
Wishy
I'm guessing they didn't submit anything yet because they need to test out their players? I assume Japan, Korea and Taiwan are three countries with a lot of outstanding players so they need to see which ones are going to represent the country, dunno.

Gonna try to get in contact with some players from those countries just in case.
AmaiHachimitsu
Well, I thought they will be clever enough as to register and in case change the lineup.

#edit: no China lawl, OWC #4 for Germany D:
fartownik
I was serious when I proposed reserving slots for such teams as Japan or Korea.

If there's no Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan then this tournament shall not exist.
Wishy
I guess if more than 32 teams are registered something is gonna be done, since this is a World Cup I suppose stronger teams are gonna be of a higher priority.
Lokovodo
I strongly encourage people to choose EZ mod and FL, not for lulz, but for serious strategy that comes with it.

( http://www.twitch.tv/lokovodo/c/3092224 ) <- this is what i want in the tournament pls make it happen
AmaiHachimitsu
I guess if more than 32 teams are registered something is gonna be done, since this is a World Cup I suppose stronger teams are gonna be of a higher priority.
I'm pretty much sure there were more than 28 applications from various countries but seems like "someone" is waiting for those 4 countries to fill the team list with them.
Soarezi
Or then they didnt join on purpose to give other countries a chance. Kappa
Mizucchiki
Without Korea and Japan it will be so not interresting ;_;
Wishy
Karuta already submitted the registration form for Japan, not complete but good enough to reserve the slot.
me3lingual

Wishy wrote:

Doesn't that go against this...

The tournament will run with a total of 32 teams. First come, first serve.
fartownik
If there's no top4 teams in the game then the tournament doesn't make any sense. If I were the organizer I would reserve last 4 slots for them while they're still free.
Wishy
We are all assuming things, Loctav has the final word, might aswell just wait for him. :p
me3lingual
Another idea would be to let these "Top 4" teams have an automatic spot in the Knockout Stage. This would give more countries a chance to compete, at least in the Group Stage. And yet another would be to increase the amount of teams to 40. This would allow five teams per group. And then the top two from each group would move on to the Knockout Stage.

But by reserving slots for teams without prior knowledge to the rest of the countries considering entering seems shady. Because then the other countries are actually rushing to apply for one of 28 spots instead of the 32 stated in the registration rules.
Pizzicato
well, they're interesting to watch. it'd be a sad thing if they won't participate in this tournament
but the tournament can still run without them
JappyBabes

fartownik wrote:

I was serious when I proposed reserving slots for such teams as Japan or Korea.

If there's no Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan then this tournament shall not exist.
2013-10-17 22:21 Loctav: Reserving is invalid.

yeee
Wishy
Pending (19)

Au.gif Australia
Br.gif Brazil
Ca.gif Canada
Cl.gif Chile
Ee.gif Estonia
Fi.gif Finland
Fr.gif France
Hk.gif Hong Kong
Id.gif Indonesia
My.gif Malaysia
Nl.gif Netherlands
Nz.gif New Zealand
No.gif Norway
Ph.gif Philippines
Ru.gif Russian Federation
Th.gif Thailand
Gb.gif United Kingdom
Us.gif United States
Ve.gif Venezuela

I'd say all those are pretty much "reserved".
JappyBabes
No, those would be apps or PMs that Loctav has but hasn't checked. Reserved is just no roster/one person or something. Maybe it will actually be competitive this time.
Almost

me3lingual wrote:

Another idea would be to let these "Top 4" teams have an automatic spot in the Knockout Stage. This would give more countries a chance to compete, at least in the Group Stage. And yet another would be to increase the amount of teams to 40. This would allow five teams per group. And then the top two from each group would move on to the Knockout Stage.

But by reserving slots for teams without prior knowledge to the rest of the countries considering entering seems shady. Because then the other countries are actually rushing to apply for one of 28 spots instead of the 32 stated in the registration rules.
Some of those countries might not have enough players of high enough caliber to participate anyway.
Wishy
I wouldn't worry anyways, with Loctav we have kind of discussed what to do if something like that happens, because it would be seriously idiotic to have the best teams out of the World Cup.
JappyBabes

Wishy wrote:

I wouldn't worry anyways, with Loctav we have kind of discussed what to do if something like that happens, because it would be seriously idiotic to have the best teams out of the World Cup.
Exceptions are cool. Looking forward to another short finals.
Mismagius
I think it would be cool if we had an elimination round by continent to decide which teams can go (like soccer world cup) but due to lack of time that wouldn't be possible
Wishy
That idea came up but truth is it's a lot of work and there is no time to do such a thing. :(
Fenek Alfa
Just submitted Eiji Kuinbii with HD with the form. It'd be beautiful to see all spammers just flop.
Soarezi

Fenek Alfa wrote:

Just submitted Eiji Kuinbii with HD with the form. It'd be beautiful to see all spammers just flop.
lolwat
Wishy
Japan and Taiwan have sent a registration form already, I think Dungeon sent the Korea's one. Gonna have to wait for confirmation from Loctav.
zerod
:O
ToGlette
I am in charge of Korean Team. I've sent the registration form for Korea. We've just finished our qualifiers today.
friendok
racists why can't arabians like bahrain take part in this tournament
Kanye West
such racist admin

very sad
Topic Starter
Loctav
All slots are full now. Updated rosters.
jesse1412

Loctav wrote:

Racist, Bahrain registered before Korea. I am outrage.
Kanye West

jesus1412 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

Racist, Bahrain registered before Korea. I am outrage.
you not let best team world bahrain enter

such unfair

very admin pls
show more