forum

Best way to get permission from this company?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
uwu152
Hello. I have recently been talking to people on this forum and I know that you must have permission to use pictures you didn't make in a skin, and must put credit. I am making a credit .txt file in my skin and linking the source for every image I use. Most of the sites show that you can use the images freely if you credit so that's what I did. There is one problem though, and that is the anime art that I am using.

My skin is based on a character from the video game 'Bang Dream! Girls Band Party' made by Bushiroad. I've downloaded the art plenty of times in the past for other reasons but osu skins seem to be a pretty strict. I don't know much about copyright but since it is a big company I think I would need to get direct permission to use anything they make. I don't want to get in trouble for putting their stuff in the game, so what is the best way to go about this. I've had the assets in the skin for a couple months now and I'm starting to get worried.
RockRoller
Generally speaking, most companies and franchises have usage rules for their artworks. So follow whatever is written in those.

Realisticly speaking, especially as long as you give proper credit, no one will hunt you down for it. I am not aware of any case where a skin got removed for using artwork without permission.