forum

How do you change this portion of the menu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
uwu152
I have multiple skins that change the top part of the song selection screen and I can't find the file in any of the skins. I can't find it in the file lists I saw on this website. I want to change one in my own skin I'm making but I do not know the file name. On the song select page it takes up the whole top of the screen. It has the song information, grouping, and the drop down for the rankings. Does anyone know the name of this file?

Also another question, the forum said I can;t use any work made by other people in my skin, or the skin will be removed. I've seen plenty of people make skins with art from anime and games so I thought it was okay until I read this forum. The art I'm using in my skin is from a Bushiroad game. Will some copyright bot detect the art in my skin and remove it from my computer? Will I get banned from the game for using art from the bushiroad game?
JustABeginner
Hi.
For the first part, it is called "mode-osu-small", or any other small modes.
But it is additive though, which means the darker colour it is, the more transparent it will become.

Sometimes when using grouping or search, they opt to go for "selection-mode" since it will not be transparent when using any colours.

---

For the next part.
Yes, you can't use other people's work for your skin but these days it's hard to track which one is the origin.
In other words, you can put mixed skins inside - but copying the skins nearly 100% and claim to be yours isn't ideal to be shared here.

And by using other skin, I suggest to give credits to whom you used for your skins.
I'm sure they aren't bots here detecting the artwork since it is hard to do so, giving a credit would be fine.

Also, you won't get banned, no worries. Just give credits.
Topic Starter
uwu152
Where am I supposed to put credit? In one of the note things? I would ask permission but the assets come from a huge company and I don't want to bother them over an osu skin.

ALso the mode-osu-small I found is just a circle. That's not what I'm looking for. I am looking for the section that takes up the entire top of the screen, not a little circle. The default one is black with blue outline I think.
RockRoller

JustABeginner wrote:

In other words, you can put mixed skins inside - but copying the skins nearly 100% and claim to be yours isn't ideal to be shared here.
That is incorrect. Using skin elemenets from other people without their permission is always not allowed. And regarding tracking, its actually possible to trace most elements back to their source probably, but that doesn't matter, if it existed before your skin it ain't yours

uwu152 wrote:

Where am I supposed to put credit? In one of the note things? I would ask permission but the assets come from a huge company and I don't want to bother them over an osu skin.
Just put them somewhere in your forum post and/or a credit.txt file into your skin

uwu152 wrote:

ALso the mode-osu-small I found is just a circle. That's not what I'm looking for. I am looking for the section that takes up the entire top of the screen, not a little circle. The default one is black with blue outline I think.
You probably want to check out the tutorial for this https://skinship.xyz/tutorial/song_selection
JustABeginner

RockRoller wrote:

That is incorrect. Using skin elemenets from other people without their permission is always not allowed. And regarding tracking, its actually possible to trace most elements back to their source probably, but that doesn't matter, if it existed before your skin it ain't yours
Noted, and apologies to OP.
Topic Starter
uwu152
[/quote]You probably want to check out the tutorial for this https://skinship.xyz/tutorial/song_selection[/quote]
Found the file! Thanks. I'll look up how to make a .txt next time I'm working on my skin. :)