forum

Osumania! is making me depressed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DokiDokiGB
Been stuck at 9th dan for so long now and no matter how much I play I cant clear 10th, plus any score i get feels empty and all I can think about is whats the point when Its nothing compared to other scores.
THAT_otaku
Osumania! is making me depressed
take a break, this is not something you should be feeling from a video game, osu! was made to have fun with.

also dont pay too much attention to dans theyre not the most important thing ever in mania i promise. Try playing for fun for a while and trying some different things
Entropy21
afaik i cant even pass 5th dan lol

now that you mention it i havent played dans for a long time, i wonder if i can pass some of them now
Poptont
this is exactly why i dont do dans lol
midgy
bad mindset makes you tilt into a bad session before you had the chance, play something else for a month or so then come back, everytime i do it makes the game feels more fun again
Gamesnake7
If you really can't clear 10th dan then I recommend either:

1. Ignore it completely, play other maps of similar level. The Lost Dedicated is much different than other jack maps at this level (it has longjacks and koreajacks) so a 10th dan clear doesn't do a very good job in determining difficulty.
  2. Alternatively just play it in lower rates. When you can gain consistency (98+%) you can just push it by half a rate until you can get 98+% again. Repeat until actual clear, btw. Or maybe try to clear 9th dan in a higher rate (1.05)?
Also the players here telling to not focus on dans are right lol, I was 3rd dan and pretty much the roadblock for 4th dan is Angel of Darkness (yes the last one) until I cleared it. And after that, I pretty much grind my skills in both this game and Etterna while putting my dan goals aside. The results? Even though I took a lot of breaks (because of exams) I was able to enjoy the game more than before.

I'm sorry if the tips are inaccurate since I'm only 4th dan rn, but I do have an experience with dans and I believe this is what's the best that can come out of my head.
TalentedMuch
you probably shouldn't play the same thing an insane amount of times. branching out and playing other things could probably help with the passing of 10th dan anyways.

but I'm just a casual gamer.
pofnkul
Dans suck don't do them.

Going for 98's instead of 96's is a good idea because your scores overall seem very unclean.

If all else fails, take a break.
midgy
btw some people find alpha to be easier than 10th because how... interesting the chart choices are
Gamesnake7

midgy wrote:

btw some people find alpha to be easier than 10th because how... interesting the chart choices are
Basically means skip to alpha :troll:
pofnkul
Bigger brain idea decide to skip to luminal like me B)
Gamesnake7

pofnkul wrote:

Bigger brain idea decide to skip to luminal like me B)
Now I need your acc on Blue Planet, Gengaozo_Foon and Image Material :evilge:
pofnkul
Im waiting for a better session for blue planet and image material.

Probably gonna tank gengaozo :p
Hoshimegu Mio
10th dan is way harder than 9th dan so I'd suggest you to stop playing dans for a couple months, and go for alpha straightaway.
Poptont
dont play dans
midgy

Poptont wrote:

dont play dans
dan ovsiously stands for delete and neglect
Poptont
dan stands for damn apocalyptic nap
mystV

Poptont wrote:

dan stands for damn apocalyptic nap
noo... dan stands for destroying algorithm nightcore
Poptont
dan stand for i hate this map
The Vegeto
THE D IN DAN IS FOR DEPRESSION xD
bananahira
i've been over bad sessions and lack of improvement over a entire month, should i pull myself off?