forum

question about taiko skinning

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AnActualFriend
it's like there is an offset to where the tapping buttons are, as in, when I tap, the press down animation is in the wrong spot. I am new to skinning taiko (this is literally my first attempt) so any help is appreciated.
JustABeginner
Hi!

Clearly I haven't calculate how much gap there is to align with the hit animation of the taiko drum.
Fortunately, you can get the measurements from other taiko skins that you think are align pretty well.
Topic Starter
AnActualFriend

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi!

Clearly I haven't calculate how much gap there is to align with the hit animation of the taiko drum.
Fortunately, you can get the measurements from other taiko skins that you think are align pretty well.
alright I think I understand what you mean, but I don't exactly know what you mean. What do I edit? How do I edit it?

again this is literally my first attempt of taiko skinning, and I don't play taiko commonly.
JustABeginner
You pretty much need to focus these three filename: "taiko-bar-left", "taiko-drum-inner" and "taiko-drum-outer".

You can find these three filenames and compare them in an editing software layer by layer. Once done, you can then rename them based on the three filenames above accordingly.
Topic Starter
AnActualFriend

JustABeginner wrote:

You pretty much need to focus these three filename: "taiko-bar-left", "taiko-drum-inner" and "taiko-drum-outer".

You can find these three filenames and compare them in an editing software layer by layer. Once done, you can then rename them based on the three filenames above accordingly.
I've been attempting to do this for about an hour. I am finding that I literally cannot align them as the taiko-drum-outer legit cuts off of the top of the image if it gets to where it's supposed to be.
RockRoller
iirc the drum inner parts have an anchor point of top left, so you cant go higher than their anchor point

edit: you may want to share your skin so we can get a better understanding of the isseu