forum

Accuracy struggles

posted
Total Posts

Is it me or my hardware?

It's you. Just get better.
83.33%
It's your hardware. Get something built for gaming.
16.67%
Total votes: 12
Topic Starter
EchoInProgress
I've been playing osu!taiko on my Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 for a while now, and I just can't seem to consistently get 300s every single time, even on easier maps with wider timing windows. Am I being held back by my hardware, or do I just need to toughen up and get better?
Rigbyuis
mayoneeze
I doubt a Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 wouldn't be able to run osu!taiko without lag, so I'd say it's just you. Practice makes perfect. Besides your accuracy is miles better than mine lol
Endaris
osu!taiko has the most strict accuracy window for 300s among all of osu!'s game mode, so if you're new to rhythm games in general then it will be quite difficult for you to consistently hit 300s on maps that don't have very low OD (OD saying how hard it is to hit 300s).

Another reason this might be difficult is that Kantan and Futsuu maps aren't very dense in terms of notes which can make it more difficult to stay on time as your hits are more "isolated", making it more difficult to feel the exact speed of the song by constantly tapping along with it rather than trying to hit each note individually.
flr
i think it's you because of 3 factors

1. taiko has a very stric timing window for getting 100% on each note compared to other game modes

2. i think you didn't play enough to get the feeling on where to press.

3. i have friends that use really low-end pc and they can hit better than me and my very good setup

as Endaris said, at the beginning it's harder to keep the rhythm as there aren't many notes, even tho i think that is just another skill to learn: hitting easy stuff consistently

a tip i have for you is to use the score meter type, as it helps you understand if you pressed a note late or early
(i never use it but it's probably just maybe because i have other rhythm game experiences?? idk)