forum

[invalid] Osu! standard - 'Lazer' mod??

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MetalRain027
Recently, I have been thinking a lot about how the future of osu! will look.

I use "beta" as my current client, but I downloaded "lazer" to get a taste of it. Unfortunately, I was unable to play any maps without receiving performance issues. I even tried using the "Classic mod", thinking that perhaps my laptop just couldn't handle the quick calculations that lazer required to generate a score. This also did not fix my performance issues.

In the future I wish that I could afford to get a better pc but, as things stand, if lazer is pushed to be the default and no other clients can submit "lazer scores" (meaning new mods and new pp system), then I would not be able to play the game anymore.

I thought about the ingenious decision, of the developers, to use a "Classic mod" to keep scores safe as they moved over to lazer, and it gave me the idea of adding a mod to stable which scored plays as if they were lazer scores:

- A mod would be selected, from the stable mod screen, that would let the game know that the player
would like this score to be a lazer score.
- After completing the map, the play would be submitted to a server/computational system, which would grade
the play and award lazer pp.
- The player would then, after 'x' minutes receive pp, score and accuracy allocations.

I think this system of adding a mod would solve issues of performance for people with lower end pc's. They could still set plays that are scored with the lazer system, even though playing on stable.

If anyone has any other thoughts, please feel free to share. I'm not perfect so perhaps I missed a key flaw in my suggestion.
abraker
Lazer is meant to replace the old client, not supplement it. There is absolutely 0 chance this will ever happen.

Lazer performance issues will hopefully be resolved eventually. The dev team is yet to put in a serious effort optimizing the game.
Corne2Plum3
Maybe impossible to make because stable code is too old
Topic Starter
MetalRain027
So, basically it isn't an issue with my laptop...
My laptop cost about R 4000, 00 and I got it in 2019 so it is pretty old.
So, I just gotta be patient then and there's no hope for such a thing to be implemented, mainly because of the goals of lazer and just because stable is a bit too old to rectify.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Ɛ>