forum

taiko on osu!lazer unplayable

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
73d1b34r
i don't know if i'm missing something but every time i've tried playing taiko on osu!lazer, i absolutely tank in accuracy. in songs i'd normally get an 95% on, i'll get an 85%. i've tried checking my offset multiple times and it's perfect. was the hit window decreased? am i the only one with this problem?
Tedward765
no, its just the input detection had been re-implemented so that the game checks if you've pressed a key every 1ms and it is independent of the games framerate, whereas in stable the game checks for inputs every frame so if you are running your game at less than 1000fps then there will be a difference.
Topic Starter
73d1b34r

Tedward765 wrote:

no, its just the input detection had been re-implemented so that the game checks if you've pressed a key every 1ms and it is independent of the games framerate, whereas in stable the game checks for inputs every frame so if you are running your game at less than 1000fps then there will be a difference.

so you're saying the game is unplayable at anything under 1k fps? doesn't that sound like a bug?
Tedward765
no, osu lazer has fixed that bug (osu stable still has that bug) its just that you have become so used to it on the original client that adjusting to the fixed implementation on lazer feels wrong. What i meant in my previous post is that unless you ran the original client at 1000+ fps then you wouldn't notice any difference when switching to lazer but if you were running the original client at anything lower eg 100 ish fps, then the in game polling rate would be the same as your framerate where as in lazer the polling rate would always be 1000hz no matter your framerate
Topic Starter
73d1b34r

Tedward765 wrote:

no, osu lazer has fixed that bug (osu stable still has that bug) its just that you have become so used to it on the original client that adjusting to the fixed implementation on lazer feels wrong. What i meant in my previous post is that unless you ran the original client at 1000+ fps then you wouldn't notice any difference when switching to lazer but if you were running the original client at anything lower eg 100 ish fps, then the in game polling rate would be the same as your framerate where as in lazer the polling rate would always be 1000hz no matter your framerate

yeah that's just not it. my game runs at 500fps so it's not an fps issue. the hitwindow is objectively harder in lazer than it is on stable.

edit: game runs at 500fps on stable. dont remember what it was on lazer but i know it was decently faster
Tedward765

73d1b34r wrote:

Tedward765 wrote:

yeah that's just not it. my game runs at 500fps so it's not an fps issue. the hitwindow is objectively harder in lazer than it is on stable.

edit: game runs at 500fps on stable. dont remember what it was on lazer but i know it was decently faster
idk then, but for me at least the difference between 500fps and 1000 is quite different but not too hard to get used to given some time
megalovania lol
Other than the framerate osu!lazer on taiko also got a different way to calculate accuracy compared to normal, I've done multiple checking and apparently:
-When on Osu!taiko you would get 10 hits with 9 Perfect and 1 Good, The accuracy goes to 95%
-Instead on Osu!lazer if you would get 10 hits with 9 perfect and 1 Good, The accuracy goes to 93,33%
So let's suppose every Good note gives you 2% more accuracy less than on normal, that's a huge difference which can variate the accuracy by a lot, as example on maps I'd get 98% accuracy fc, I'd get 95% if not even less.
Those also are also only the Good notes, considering all of this, Misses would make you fall by even WAY more accuracy.
Topic Starter
73d1b34r

megalovania lol wrote:

Other than the framerate osu!lazer on taiko also got a different way to calculate accuracy compared to normal, I've done multiple checking and apparently:
-When on Osu!taiko you would get 10 hits with 9 Perfect and 1 Good, The accuracy goes to 95%
-Instead on Osu!lazer if you would get 10 hits with 9 perfect and 1 Good, The accuracy goes to 93,33%
So let's suppose every Good note gives you 2% more accuracy less than on normal, that's a huge difference which can variate the accuracy by a lot, as example on maps I'd get 98% accuracy fc, I'd get 95% if not even less.
Those also are also only the Good notes, considering all of this, Misses would make you fall by even WAY more accuracy.
on stable, perfects are 100%, goods are 50%, and misses are 0%. i haven't tested what goods are on lazer but i don't exactly see how a miss could bring your acc down any more than it already does. it really just seems like they decreased the hitwindow by a pretty substantial amount. only explanation that makes any sense.
megalovania lol

73d1b34r wrote:

megalovania lol wrote:

on stable, perfects are 100%, goods are 50%, and misses are 0%. i haven't tested what goods are on lazer but i don't exactly see how a miss could bring your acc down any more than it already does. it really just seems like they decreased the hitwindow by a pretty substantial amount. only explanation that makes any sense.
I tested misses today and yeah, they do not decrease accuracy even more (example: if 1 miss and 9 perfect, both will result into 90.00%). Having goods hit give you 2% (1.77% to be exact) accuracy less is way bigger than you think though, Although i also have noticed a difference between the hitwindow during playing on lazer, specifically while doing playlists. Even with the best setting i could've put at least from what i saw, the game still reduced my accuracy by a lot, so I really can't blame it all on goods being reduced in accuracy.
brayanXD2022
Problem on Osu!Taiko on Android: No matter where i press in the screen, it will always say that i'm pressing left don, and because of that, i can't the game how it's supposed to be
On Osu!Catch also on Android: The character doesn't move and i can't play like i'm supposed to.
Can someone give me a solution?
Blushing

brayanXD2022 wrote:

Problem on Osu!Taiko on Android: No matter where i press in the screen, it will always say that i'm pressing left don, and because of that, i can't the game how it's supposed to be
On Osu!Catch also on Android: The character doesn't move and i can't play like i'm supposed to.
Can someone give me a solution?
Please report lazer issues on the GitHub: https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues
Akitake
There's been some taiko changes recently I recommend giving lazer a try again.

Touch input implemented for android/ios, note pooling fix (caused micro-stutters in all modes especially with a lot of notes present on screen), and more!
Korrui
Been having the same issue on Lazer myself, I thought it was an offset issue because a lot of fast streams I normally have no problem with I've been just tanking on accuracy. Part of the issue I'm having is the way that it checks for notes now, If you fall behind one note it feels like it keeps reading so if you try to correct you end up just whiffing the entire thing. Not sure what to do, I'm in the dev server so maybe I'll look into ways to make this better.