Topic Starter
Flanster

Using Chrome Version 29.0.1547.66 m
FrzR
Tried multiple users, only Oinari-sama's userpage is doing the problem. :(
- Marco -

Oinari-sama wrote:

[The condition to make this happen (for me) was:
#1 - The browser's loading icon must be still spinning around (eg within 3s of opening the profile). If the expand icon is clicked before the page is fully loaded, it will retract upon finish loading everything.
#2 - The userpage must exceed a certain height vs browser dimension or the expand icon won't even come out and a slider will be displayed. #2 was fixed some time ago...
I confirm this.

Chrome 30.0.1599.37 beta-m
Oinari-sama
Stalkers!!
lol what's with the BGM?

This has been happening to me since the beginning, but I never thought that it may be a bug (always thought it's a browser thing).

The condition to make this happen (for me) was:
#1 - The browser's loading icon must be still spinning around (eg within 3s of opening the profile). If the expand icon is clicked before the page is fully loaded, it will retract upon finish loading everything.
#2 - The userpage must exceed a certain height vs browser dimension or the expand icon won't even come out and a slider will be displayed. #2 was fixed some time ago...

Does that help people reproduce the phenomenon?

EDIT: I'm on Chrome Version 29.0.1547.66 m too
Topic Starter
Flanster

Oinari-sama wrote:

lol what's with the BGM?
Was listening to music so forgot to turn it off :I
Hmm fair point, the page was still loading when this happens. Guess it happens only when a certain userpage has more content to load.
FrzR
Should we limit the maximum data, or text characters allowed to prevent this from happening again? :3
Nathanael

Fr33z3R wrote:

Should we limit the maximum data, or text characters allowed to prevent this from happening again? :3
The maximum number of allowed characters per post is 60000.
Oinari-sama

Nathanael wrote:

Fr33z3R wrote:

The maximum number of allowed characters per post is 60000.
I think my page takes longer to load because of the number of image files present.

Can we change the expand button to an expand/retract button if the tool is available to the forum management?
XPJ38

Oinari-sama wrote:

The condition to make this happen (for me) was:
Oooh, so this is why it's happening... I couldn't replicate every time and find the source of the problem for a long time ;_;

Confirming.
puncia
It would be simpler if the expand button appears only when page has finished loading
Winshley
This actually happened on all browsers I tested (IE 10, FF 23.0.1, Chrome 29.0.1547.66)

As Oinari-sama stated, the User Page is retracted (after expanding) upon completing the page load. Hence the glitch is more notable on slower connection (like several Indonesian ISP here :P)