forum

new ctb players

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tachine Shin
been playing for a few days since im bored of osu mapping. here's a score im proud of; (you can also view on the osu page)

i havent heard of many ctb players or know much outside of my little gameplay experience so can anyone let me know if i have anything to improve upon based on that score? particularly finger control and using the dash thing
Patatitta
I would recommend switching to another skin that is not default, not needed but should be recommended, all your mayor mistakes comes from lack of catcher control, you can try to move more and make more microadjustements to see if that cap help you a little but for everything else it's a good start

edit: also, you should try to put your mind into standing at the right/left side of the fruit so catching the next are easier, this isn't important rn but it will be important in later stages of the game, this is hard so I dont expect you or anyone to start pulling that off from the start, but if you can do it it would be nice
I CAN FC
good play for new

you lost the droplet so many, try to wiggle the catcher for correct the path and move carefully
most of this map look like no need dash so i have nothing for your dash skill
but 1:00 need dash and you didnt do, i cant explain how to judge need dash or not, just play more you will learn it, i think it is reading skill
and sometimes you move too early
Edgar_Figaro
tbh at your amount of experience you haven't seen enough of what catch maps can offer to really show what you need to improve on as at your current level it's just about learning how to properly control the catcher. I hate to sound cliche but just keep playing. There are many mistakes I saw in your clip (not even talking about misses or missed droplets but in the way you moved the catcher between objects) on easy maps these won't be self-apparent but as map intensity increases your movements will need to be more precise. I think you'll be able to mostly self-identify these problems as you keep going.

Once you think you have the basic movements down try playing maps that require dashing/hyper-dashing. While playing converts is good you want to play specifics too (especially at low level) Cups will never require any sort of dashing, Salad difficulties will require dashing but never hyper-dashing and then Platter+ will add in the hyperdash mechanic into maps. Obviously Rains and Overdoses have new challenges but those are the 3 core mechanics for moving the catcher and it'll take time to get used to each.
Nikolai
:(
[ Potemkin ]
Tbh I have experience playing the game for so long, I tried playing but I'm not good at moving my catcher back then until october I started getting interest on that game. I grind much ranks and I met friends on ctb. Until grinding much I surpass 10k global rankings. If your a new player on this gamemode, You think it is easy but it is harder than you thought
animetibs
You're not doing bad for the little experience you have! it's hard to keep track of the droplets when you're focused on the fruit, but sometimes it helps to keep half your focus on the droplets- makes missing a lot harder on the slider. defo change your skin though, it's not the worst but it's harder to read at higher speeds. keep it up :)

some of the misses on that play are what I call "dumb misses," they're well within your skillset but for some reason or the other you moved too hard or didn't pay close enough attention and missed it. don't feel too bad about it! they can always be fixed in another play :) just remember to not restart on impulse from dumb misses- it will ruin your consistency!
Rikuka
if you are new players , just play ctb (yea play only), no matters what maptype is (specific or converts) , don't ever think to grind pp since ctbpp sucks and depressing due to rng and pixels

have fun >> pp