forum

Relatively new to taiko!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
terrieyaki
Hello! I am 14k in taiko after around a day in playtime, and I have a question.

I've been playing taiko for fun and haven't really been focusing on my technique. I've been single-tapping but I've seen a lot of posts saying that this is bad. How can I get better at alternating? My key binds are ZX for red and NM for blue since it's comfortable for me to play like this, however, if it's better to change my key binds to be able to alt, then I'm willing. lol

Any help is great! Please reply! :D
Voidedosu
Wrong subforum, can we get a move to the Taiko sub-subforum?
Topic Starter
terrieyaki

Voidedosu wrote:

Oh sorry! Of course.
Voidedosu

terrieyaki wrote:

Voidedosu wrote:

Oh sorry! Of course.
Was more waiting on abraker or somebody to move it over, but that's fine, too, I guess.
Topic Starter
terrieyaki

Voidedosu wrote:

terrieyaki wrote:

Voidedosu wrote:

Oh sorry! Of course.
Was more waiting on abraker or somebody to move it over, but that's fine, too, I guess.
i have never used forums before if im being totally honest bro i got no idea what im doing lol sorry
Tedward765
singletapping isn't really bad but it does make it more likely to strain your hands so as long as you're not playing to the point of injury then you should be fine (remember, strain is good and pain is bad). Also on another note I honestly don't think there is really much of a limitation to single tapping anyway, there are people who can play well up to 300bpm while still single tapping but if at some point down the line when you have improved more, you feel that you want to learn alternating to preserve your stamina then you can. Im more than happy to give more advice in the future if you'd like.
Topic Starter
terrieyaki

Tedward765 wrote:

singletapping isn't really bad but it does make it more likely to strain your hands so as long as you're not playing to the point of injury then you should be fine (remember, strain is good and pain is bad). Also on another note I honestly don't think there is really much of a limitation to single tapping anyway, there are people who can play well up to 300bpm while still single tapping but if at some point down the line when you have improved more, you feel that you want to learn alternating to preserve your stamina then you can. Im more than happy to give more advice in the future if you'd like.
a bit late, but thanks for the help! i do want to learn how to properly alternate eventually since i'm not a very good stamina player (and i also don't wanna break my hands lol), but for now i might just play comfortably with single-tapping.
thanks again lmao
ShaggyKrakatoa
I've been a singletapper for a hot minute and I hadn't really had any problems until I began reaching harder maps. As you move up in difficulty, you'll find that singletapping can have a big impact on accuracy in higher BPM maps. It's a grueling task to try to change that but if you just focus on changing up your style you can switch over with relatively little effect on your performance overall.