forum

[duplicate] [invalid] #otaku channel

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +13
Topic Starter
wildloli
Hi today I want to talk about making an #otaku channel for osu!. As of now osu! has an Otaku Culture sub-forum and it's been very successful, which I think should be another reason an #otaku channel should be implemented. Implementing an #otaku channel will have more advantages than disadvantages, which I will manifest with a couple of instances which a channel would be superior, and how it could be convenient.

1. No live responses.

Per se, messages on message boards isn't like chats in which you get instantaneous responses, it's something you check up on from time to time due to timezones and whatnot. For example, if I wanted to ask which anime this loli is from, I would have to wait for a prolonged amount of time, considering message boards aren't constantly under scrutiny, with chats you can just switch over to the according channel and have discussions and post pictures real-time.

2. Restrictions of #osu chat.

If an otaku attempted to post some pictures of lolis in exposing clothing or maybe even moremature pictures, he would be swiftly disposed of with a flurry of silences, bans and ejects, for such messages to get onto #osu is a jest and it wouldn't happen without the said otaku enduring at least 10 bans, 25 silences and 9000 permabans, in the same vein of discussing video games on the same channel. So there is a video game channel for discussing the said matters (Even though it's more dead than Gangnam Style), so why isn't there one for Anime/Lolis/Manga and such?
With that said, these kind of inappropriate posts wouldn't exist if you gave otakus a corner to post them, since ecchi is basically unavoidable in the Otaku field. Even if a channel for otakus may seem trivial, but it will actually be more useful than #videogames currently is. :roll:

3. There needs to be an #otaku channel. It's not like osu! is a forum-based community, just a sub-forum for something this big is simply absurd. The land may melt, the sea may swell, the sky may fall... but the #otaku requests will come. You will deny this request, and epochs later you will see a deluge of the very same request made on this day. I want you to reflect on this day and think if what the otaku that day said was true or false, at a place where you feel the most restful, next to the person you find most dear.

4. Viva la lolicon.

Lolicon is the best.
Lolicon es mejor.
ロリコンは最高です.
蘿莉控是最好的.
Lolicon ist die beste.
Lolicon est le meilleur.
Lolicon è il migliore.
deadbeat

wildloli wrote:

If an otaku attempted to post some pictures of lolis in exposing clothing or maybe even moremature pictures, he would be swiftly disposed of with a flurry of silences, bans and ejects,
that is completely dependent on what was linked.

anyway, due to the issue regarding #videogames right now, there is concern that it will end up as another dead channel.
i will leave this open since there technically isn't a denied thread yet, but i think there might be some behind the scenes discussions about this and the matter regarding #videogames will most likely take priority

btw, i will be watching this thread carefully and i'm sure several other will as well. i want this thread to be clean. understood
Stefan
Also it's actually the exact problem as with #videogames. To be fair, #otaku would be neccessary since #videogames exists too. But we know where this would lead..
Marcin
I've just brought up same exact argument as Stefan did now when talking with deadbeat. People's mentality is that they want something, because it looks cool, but when it comes to actual usage, there is no one using it. I think there needs to be change from people, and not from moderation, to make this channel work out. Best possible idea is to not open #osu at startup, and let people choose wherever they want to go, since when #osu opens, people automatically are too lazy to change channel, because why? It opens itself, so I'll use it.
Oinari-sama
Rename #videogame to #modhelp2... Then every topic exiled from #osu can go there /jk
Itsudemoo
Simple to get this in,
Add channel and from now on force all anime talk to #Otaku or #Anime so that not everyone would have to see the anime chat spam in #Osu and people can freely talk about it in #Otaku

Blow some new life into this and this is a re-request since it seems that it had died off.

Much stars and love :)
Ayachi-

wildloli wrote:

lolis in exposing clothing
I am sorry but that's not loli anymore
It has possibility that will end up as a dead channel
Itsudemoo
To prevent it dieing the mods just have to enforce a new rule stating anime/otaku chitchat is ment to be done there. Its not like all those country channels are that populated either.
Ayachi-

Kuro Mana wrote:

To prevent it dieing the mods just have to enforce a new rule stating anime/otaku chitchat is ment to be done there. Its not like all those country channels are that populated either.
How if they want to talk about amines in their own language channel instead of English in this channel
Itsudemoo
Am talking bout #Osu! And #English not country specific channels but I get your point but still a lot of the chitchat is being done in #osu
Stefan
You can count that a lot of people - especially asians - won't join this channel for one specific reason: the word "otaku" isn't something positive. However #anime would be a better and tolerated name for this channel but I don't believe the usage will be there. #videogames is dead, literally and I fear this would happen with a channel about anime and manga.

Kuro Mana wrote:

Am talking bout #Osu! And #English not country specific channels but I get your point but still a lot of the chitchat is being done in #osu
If this would help actually then #videogames wouldn't be empty for the most time. Most people don't post anything after the person has been told to go in <put-channel-here> because <reasons> and so the same would happens to this idea. also were there any complains talking about anime? (except in the case when someone spoiler something from a newer anime; and this isn't tolerated anyways)
unko
i support this so much, but not because i want to go there, but because #osu may finally be an inhabitable area
xxdeathx

nookls wrote:

i support this so much, but not because i want to go there, but because #osu may finally be an inhabitable area
otaku chat is the least of #osu's problems
unko

xxdeathx wrote:

nookls wrote:

otaku chat is the least of #osu's problems
but maybe once there's an #otaku all the stupid weebs who do nothing but randomly blurt out "KAWAII DESU NYAA NYAA NYANYNAYNAYNAN CHINKY PING" will go there
or that sort of thing could be banned but
Stefan

nookls wrote:

but maybe once there's an #otaku all the stupid weebs who do nothing but randomly blurt out "KAWAII DESU NYAA NYAA NYANYNAYNAYNAN CHINKY PING" will go there
or that sort of thing could be banned but
No need to be rude. and I agree with xxdeathx, unlike the problem with LoL, conversations about anime and manga doesn't really feel disturbing atm. Also the number isn't that big
Ace3DF
Please do so it keeps the weebs away from #osu
FrzR
Let the inner weaboo intensify..
- Marco -

wildloli wrote:

Lolicon è il migliore.
It's "Lolicon è il meglio" ;) (fuck google translate)
Cerulean Veyron
Nope, too crappy for osu! channels.

sry for insult >_>
Ikaros-
Support. #Anime
Sophia_old_1
Yes.

You can even turn #videogames into #otaku . Just change the name. Gogogogogogo.
Stefan
No. Moved as invalid and duplicate.