forum

LIFTING: Would it help in MANIA?

posted
Total Posts

Which trianing method you think is more effective?

GOMAD + play more
45.83%
GOMAD + play less
8.33%
GOMAD + play more + LIFTING
41.67%
Etterna + GOMAD (personally i would click this one) + LIFTING
4.17%
Total votes: 24
Polling will end at
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420
Hello fellow osuggers!

Mania has multiple facets to improve:
- Reading
- SPEED
- STAMINA
- Something else (I dont know please hlep)

Would you think that

LIFTING

could possibly help in mania? Mania is a very physically straining,

INTENSE

videogame. SO i thought, why not have incorporate

LIFTING?

Ill try to come up with a program for maxx osu gainz (feel free to make one yourself, I dont lift because i like men)

5x a week bulgarian style osu maxx out training + GOMAD:

So the muscles used in OSU are:
- FINGERS
- WRIST
- FOREARM (i think)

Equipment youll need:
- STUPIDbell (LOOOOL)
- socks with sand

Warmup
- GMB fitness wrist warmup 5min (follow along, look up the video, its not hard)
- finger twisties and diddlys 3x10 slow and gentle (mmmm)

Monday
- 3x5 wrist curls
- 3x30min weighted fingers (play with socks with sand tied to each finger you use, the weight will add resistance and make you faster over time, start with 5lbs of sand each fingor, if you cant do that, if youre weak, then you can start with lighter weight, or just give up)

Wednesday
- Same thing

Friday
- Same thing

What you want to do is progressively overload the fingers and wrists by adding 5lbs per session. Also drink a gallon of milk a day in order to have enough fat and mass to move your big sausage fingors.
The key for this to work is to progressively overload. That is what is needed for a good routine. Also drink your gallon of milk, otherwise your fingers wont be able to support the 10lbs of socks on them (very important!).

After 3 months of training, you can take off the weights and you will probably idk feel it super easy to move fingors since weight is removed and your fingors and wrists are used to take heavy weight.

However, merami has superior genetics, and that is the true limiting factor in every facet in life. So, if your genetics suck, its over. You should just stop and never try to improve. Lie down and rot! Merami will be the one to reproduce, not us. He has the superior genetics handed to him by god. Its modern day eugenics! But you can cope by lifting.
This is a very simple program, but I think itll work.

Thoughts? leave down in comments!
luxrayy
as someone who works out, I can confidently say that no it hasn’t helped me improve
though I only train my muscles, i haven’t done any wrist exercises since i feel mania is a good enough wrist exercise lmao
WitherMite
when it comes to physically improving at something, specificity is king by far.

if you want to get better at mania, playing mania with a focus on whatever you're trying to improve is going to be the best training program.
abraker
I used to play on a keyboard that needed far more force to actuate keys than normal keyboards. Starting out on it would drain me, but I got used it 3 weeks in. Trying red switches after that made those red switches feel as if they were not there. If I played on linear switches for too long my fingers would be come weaker and made it harder to do fast patterns on that keyboard.

That said, it would only help with finger strength and not speed. To actually get speed you have to overcome a few barriers like getting enough sleep, having the persistent determination to do better, and technique perfection (such as tapping keys like a snapping shrimp). A lack of even a fraction of one of those will result in
midgy
can i pick the training method for etterna + play more - GOMAD? the working out won't help you play osu! in the slightest the entire skill of the game is coordination of your hands and being able to read patterns effectively.

the actual muscles matter almost nothing in comparison to technique refinement, the top players don't have better muscles or genes but just have a better technique and reading capabilites, people don't seem to realise how much reading matters and just because they can pause a hard file and decipher a pettern doesn't mean you can read it effectively during play.

it does however promote a healthier lifestyle and positive mindset while getting endorphins flowing which can definitely make you imrpove at osu! since better mindset usually means more effective training so even after i said all that it probably will make you better lmao
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420

midgy wrote:

can i pick the training method for etterna + play more - GOMAD?

No, you cant. GOMAD is essential like I discussed. You need the GALLON to power your sausage fingors. I said this already.

midgy wrote:

the working out won't help you play osu! in the slightest the entire skill of the game is coordination of your hands and being able to read patterns effectively.
Umm actually it will. Like I said. Just read the FREAKING post. Are you stupid? Do you need any help? Jesus christ I hate osuggers.

midgy wrote:

the top players don't have better muscles or genes but just have a better technique and reading capabilites,
FALSE! Genes are the limiting factor in EVERYTHING. especially OSU. you are wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG!

midgy wrote:

>DUUUHHHH Better technique is what mattors!
sounds like COPE to me! Merami's the one who will pass on his genes, not me. not you. especially not you.

midgy wrote:

people don't seem to realise how much reading matters and just because they can pause a hard file and decipher a pettern doesn't mean you can read it effectively during play.
Ok, ill give you this one. IDIOT. STUPID DUMBBELL.

midgy wrote:

it does however promote a healthier lifestyle and positive mindset while getting endorphins flowing which can definitely make you imrpove at osu! since better mindset usually means more effective training so even after i said all that it probably will make you better lmao
Umm WTF are endorphins? NERD!

Clearly, you have no freaking clue what youre on about. SO just follow my program.
midgy

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Clearly, you have no freaking clue what youre on about. SO just follow my program.
ok you've convinced me i'll do it 👍

Dreamer_420 wrote:

No, you cant. GOMAD is essential like I discussed. You need the GALLON to power your sausage fingors. I said this already.
does soy milk work then? cause i lactose intolerant :(

Dreamer_420 wrote:

sounds like COPE to me! Merami's the one who will pass on his genes, not me. not you. especially not you.
you right it is COPE, i wish merami would pass on his genetics to my children
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420
Im glad ive convinced you. also SOY milk does NOT work. Soy milk makes you weak and it makes your tendons weaker from all the estrogen. Also less calories. I dont care if youre lactose intolerant, that doesnt exist, just drink the milk. You should start stalking merami well. Maybe if you dress well enough with a cute skirt and rainbow colored thigh highs he might give you his seed. idk about that stuff!
midgy

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Im glad ive convinced you. also SOY milk does NOT work. Soy milk makes you weak and it makes your tendons weaker from all the estrogen. Also less calories. I dont care if youre lactose intolerant, that doesnt exist, just drink the milk. You should start stalking merami well. Maybe if you dress well enough with a cute skirt and rainbow colored thigh highs he might give you his seed. idk about that stuff!
well in that case soy milk + cute skirt + thigh highs + beg merami for his seed, got it!
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420
[heading]Thats the spirit. Also, almost forgot:
Do squats daily. Squats, squats, squats. and ONLY squats. Everything else is unnecessary.
All you need are squats, to get that nice supple strong and breedable ass to lure Merami (aetrna) in.

I wish you well in your osu journey!
[/heading]
midgy

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Thats the spirit. Also, almost forgot:
Do squats daily. Squats, squats, squats. and ONLY squats. Everything else is unnecessary.
All you need are squats, to get that nice supple strong and breedable ass to lure Merami (aetrna) in.

I wish you well in your osu journey!
lucky for me i do squats, leg pulses, donkey kicks and fire hydrants daily as well as yoga so my butt is quite breedable
Poptont
i dont work out but most likely it wont help because you use your fingers not your arms or mania
midgy

Poptont wrote:

i dont work out but most likely it wont help because you use your fingers not your arms or mania
the entire workout is for your fingers and wrists not arms. read the post!

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Warmup

Monday
- 3x5 wrist curls
- 3x30min weighted fingers (play with socks with sand tied to each finger you use, the weight will add resistance and make you faster over time, start with 5lbs of sand each fingor, if you cant do that, if youre weak, then you can start with lighter weight, or just give up)

Wednesday
- Same thing

Friday
- Same thing
Poptont

midgy wrote:

Poptont wrote:

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Warmup

Monday
- 3x5 wrist curls

Wednesday
- Same thing

Friday
- Same thing
mb
Topic Starter
Dreamer_420

Poptont wrote:

midgy wrote:

Poptont wrote:

Dreamer_420 wrote:

Warmup

Monday
- 3x5 wrist curls

Wednesday
- Same thing

Friday
- Same thing
mb
YEAH! READ THE POST!!!!! You need to listen to my program. It is the only way to improve!
UltraBlack
Do you think jakads, nate or jkzu work out? You can try the jkzu method (as i like to call it), play for like 2-4 days and take like 3-4 to rest then comeback and try hard. Repeat this forever
midgy

UltraBlack wrote:

Do you think jakads, nate or jkzu work out? You can try the jkzu method (as i like to call it), play for like 2-4 days and take like 3-4 to rest then comeback and try hard. Repeat this forever
jkzu obviously is working out heavily on those days off, it's the only explanation for the skill
UltraBlack

midgy wrote:

UltraBlack wrote:

jkzu obviously is working out heavily on those days off, it's the only explanation for the skill
Yeah lets believe it is true :kappa:
UltraBlack
To be honest i think it would help with hand control and jacks, i don't see why it would change something in finger speed or stamina, but yeah you can always try it and tell us the results later 👀
midgy

UltraBlack wrote:

To be honest i think it would help with hand control and jacks, i don't see why it would change something in finger speed or stamina, but yeah you can always try it and tell us the results later 👀
the original poster is banned so i don't think they will try it xd