forum

[duplicate] Achievements revamp

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
tarticulate
Whaddaya know, 2nd request in one day. It's a new academy re-*shot*

Anyway, you may or may not know that the achievements are... kind of outdated. Let me outline why:

-Map Pack Achievements
A good amount of achievements are for completing specific map packs. These are fine, albeit the packs aren't exactly timeless.

-Hush-Hush Achievements
Not gonna give away what they are because ban. The best I can say about them is that they're dumb (imo) and annoying. Chances are anyone who wants those achievements is going to google search them. Hell, one of them is for doing something (again, not giving it away) with a song that new players will most likely not notice.

-Combo Achievements
Actually, while we're here, why don't I go ahead and suggest an alternative to this.
Have a little box on the user screen showing the user's top 10 biggest combos for each mode and the map the user got the combo on.
Let me provide an example:

[osu!standard][Taiko][CTB][osu!mania] //these are the tabs that let you select game mode, let's just say osu!standard is selected
1. 2500x (date achieved) (Map Name)[Diff] //the listing for the maps; they will go in size order from best to worst
2. 2000x (date achieved) (Map Name)[Diff]
3. 1500x (date achieved) (Map Name)[Diff]
4. more things
5. more things
6. more things
7. more things
8. more things
9. more things
10. more things

-Playcount/Total Notes Hit Achievements
I like these. A lot.

Those are all the achievements that already exist, now I'll describe ones that I want implemented.

-Retry Achievements
These may not be the most productive achievements... but hey, they're cool and show that you're dedicated. (You could even put this in the dedicated section, lol.) These achievements are for certain milestones on the retry counter for a song.
Milestones:
Retry the same song 50 times in a row - Dedicated
Retry the same song 100 times in a row - Persistent
Retry the same song 200 times in a row - Determined

-Rank Achievements
These achievements are for getting a certain number of a certain rank.
Milestones:
Get 500 D-ranks - D-ranker
Get 500 C-ranks - C-ranker
Get 500 B-ranks - B-ranker
Get 500 A-ranks - A-ranker
Get 500 S-ranks - Pro
Get 500 SS-ranks - Perfectionist

-New Pack Achievements
Like the other song pack achievements, just more current. No milestones for this one.

That's really all I have for now. Why don't you guys suggest some, and I'll add them to the post.
deadbeat
all achievement related requests go here -> t/107625