forum

Are Trailers spoilers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nico-
my friend says he doesnt watch trailers because they have spoilers, I think trailers build Hype tho
Patatitta
I don't think so, most trailers are built to avoid spoilers, I feel it's fine watching them
Isatuyu
Well, it depend on the person. If you have nice analysis and a things into little detail, then trailers might provide some spoiler for you. Like mine when watching Kimi no Na Wa trailer back then (although I wouldn't call it spoiler for myself). Also there's different perspective like, a person that read the original series (manga or LN) watching the trailer with a person without knowing or even read the original one.
Topic Starter
nico-

rawmaru_ wrote:

Well, it depend on the person. If you have nice analysis and a things into little detail, then trailers might provide some spoiler for you. Like mine when watching Kimi no Na Wa trailer back then (although I wouldn't call it spoiler for myself). Also there's also different perspective like, a person that read the original series (manga or LN) watching the trailer with a person without knowing or even read the original one.
makes sense
wAk8
OFC! They are just like movie tralier
Topic Starter
nico-

wAk8 wrote:

OFC! They are just like movie tralier
( ミ ̄ー ̄ミ) I see
AccountWontWork
trailers aren't spoilers. hell some scenes in trailers might not even be on the anime/movie/show.
ClevelandsMyBro
some trailers may spoil the movie a bit. recently watched the trailer of audition (1999), literally all the comments are telling people to not watch the trailer as it spoils the movie too much. now i'm trying to get the trailer off my mind for the past 3 or so months just so i can enjoy the movie.
Neigdoig
Usually, trailers are not spoilers. However, I don't watch many trailers, so I don't know for sure.
snackychan420

Neigdoig wrote:

Usually, trailers are not spoilers. However, I don't watch many trailers, so I don't know for sure.
from the trailers that ive seen they have only spoiled the first few episodes of the season or whatever
Neigdoig

snackychan420 wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

from the trailers that ive seen they have only spoiled the first few episodes of the season or whatever
They usually don't try to.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Neigdoig wrote:

If they're done badly or the story isn't really deep, the trailer might spoil the whole series/movie.

Don't watch the trailer for Millennium Actress if you're planning to watch the movie, that anime film is great, but 70% of the emotion was spoiled in the trailer.
Neigdoig

eblf2013 wrote:

Neigdoig wrote:

If they're done badly or the story isn't really deep, the trailer might spoil the whole series/movie.

Don't watch the trailer for Millennium Actress if you're planning to watch the movie.
It depends on the situation, I guess.
Zelzatter Zero
yeah it really depends on how the studio handle trailers. Some are really good at showing stuffs from the movie without spoiling anything, whereas some is so bad that you may have to double check whether you should watch the movie or not cuz they trailer literally spoils everything.