forum

Convert map for improvement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
daud_ahn
So it's well known for everyone who played mania and taiko that convert map sucks, don't play it.

But how about catch? most thread I've read said that catch convert map is the best in terms of converted maps, but is it good for improving?
I personally think its kind of the same, but sometimes converted maps are better (at least on low diffs, i don't know about something higher than 3*) because most of the time it's AR is more comfortable for me to read.

TLDR: Is catch convert map good for beginners (mid 5 digit) to help them improve? if so any reason is appreciated!
Patatitta
catch converts are really good, for that early stage, (below 4*) I feel like convert and non convert are very similar, so if you have a song you really like in a convert map, you should probably play it, after that, converts get a real diff spike, and where the difference between convert and non convert is really notable, so you might probably not be able to fc them, but yes, after that spike, learning converts is important, they mainly teach reading and precission

TLDR: When you get to 4* converts, learning how to play them does become important, before that, it's not really needed
Topic Starter
daud_ahn

Patatitta wrote:

catch converts are really good, for that early stage, (below 4*) I feel like convert and non convert are very similar, so if you have a song you really like in a convert map, you should probably play it, after that, converts get a real diff spike, and where the difference between convert and non convert is really notable, so you might probably not be able to fc them, but yes, after that spike, learning converts is important, they mainly teach reading and precission

TLDR: When you get to 4* converts, learning how to play them does become important, before that, it's not really needed
thanks for the answer, at first i thought ill have difficulty in reading native (?) maps when i used to converts, but now you mentioned that it teach reading i'm not as worried anymore :D
I CAN FC
yes but i cant compare that because i don't know any cup, salad or platter
but convert 4* will hard than rain in general

my first 30k pc is convert map (2013~14 at that time)
then i comeback in 2019, eazy to farm rain and overdose
so i think is convert bring up my base skill
Nikolai
yes
Edgar_Figaro
You want to play both as they teach different things.