forum

osu! community contributors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Over the past four years, osu!'s community has grown dramatically. Many users from places all over the world and from all walks of life have come together from a common love of rhythm. A few distinct individuals have taken it upon themselves to provide service to the osu! community at great cost to themselves - tools and features that many of us take for granted today. In light of this, a new profile badge distinction has been created, awarded only to those who have gone above and beyond their peers in contributing to our wonderful community.

The first recipients of the community contributor badge are as follows (in no particular order):

Darkimmortal - for developing and maintaining the popular osu!record replay recording service
nanashiRei - for developing and hosting one of osu!'s longest running beatmap mirrors
RBRat3 - for numerous (beyond count) graphical contributions to the game client and everything else
Ballance - for designing and drawing our fantastic achievement artwork
akrolsmir - for developing and maintaining AIBat, arguably the most popular third-party beatmap modding tool ever produced
statementreply - for outstanding performance in bugfix/feature testing and coding numerous utilities for mappers and modders
Loctav - for his tireless efforts in organising several major official tournaments (including the OWC)
Blazevoir - for her utterly insane moderation track record (equivalent to roughly 6 staff members) and almost single-handedly moderating #osu during peak hours (9k+ users)
Piotrekol - for developing and maintaining osu!stats and developing a number of useful utilities for both beatmapping, modding and general play
MillhioreF - for outstanding performance in bugfix/feature testing and handling user support queries
DeathxShinigami - for 3+ years of silent work tirelessly handling beatmap packing and several years of managing the beatmap charts

And a super special mention for our oldest contributors:

LuigiHann - for years upon years of service, including designing the original beatmap skin, advancing storyboarding as an art and motivation
awp - for early community management and moderation and huge contributions over the course of his time here
Sinistro - for being the first impromptu community manager and global moderator, who set the bar extremely high for the GMT to follow
Ivalset - for being the first staff manager and BATmanager and single-handedly forming an elite beatmap moderation team from nothing

To all of these people, thank you. Thank you for your efforts in providing vital services to the osu! community - and while I know that there are others out there who are yet to receive accolades for their work in making osu! a better place for everyone, know that your time is coming, and I know who you are.

This will not be the last time these badges are given out.

Congratulations to all of the recipients!
vipto
That is amazing! Congratulations to all of you! Keep it up!
Shadow
Congrats to all of you. And thanks for making osu! a better place =)
peppy
Just a note that there are others we are still considering as a receiver for this badge. If you missed out and feel like you should have one, please be patient while we sort through the historical contributors of osu!.
deadbeat
oh cool :O
i noticed about 3 of those people already, but didn't realise that many people had them
Kyouren
Gratz!!! All!!!
[Luanny]
wow, awesome!
for a second I thought it was about the new BATs LOL
oh and congrats all of you!
Loctav
Thank you. I feel kind of honored to be listed here and I really appreciate this nice way to say "Thank You" to those, who are spending hours of their free time to make osu! a better place.

Thanks a lot
Winshley
Some of people mentioned here aren't even staffs. They should be becoming one, considering how hard they have contributed! x3
Dark_Ai
waahh cool stuff :D
congrats all :3
Aurele
omg, congratulation guys <3
deadbeat

Winshley wrote:

Some of people mentioned here aren't even staffs. They should be becoming one, considering how hard they have contributed! x3
in some ways i kinda agree, but it's also nice having non-staff members appreciated for their commitments and hard work
Shohei Ohtani

Winshley wrote:

An issue I'd see with that is that people who develop things for the game might not be all interested / qualified to moderate forum and stuff.

I'm not saying that any of these people aren't qualified (I don't know them well enough to judge, but I'm assuming they are qualified enough), but still o3o.
Mara
Good job.
Winshley

CDFA wrote:

Winshley wrote:

An issue I'd see with that is that people who develop things for the game might not be all interested / qualified to moderate forum and stuff.

I'm not saying that any of these people aren't qualified (I don't know them well enough to judge, but I'm assuming they are qualified enough), but still o3o.
That's true.

At least the staffs should consider recruiting them based on what they're good at. :P
Oyatsu
Really you guys are so good. Thank you guys for me can play a good Osu!game as now :D
Mira-san
Congrats and thanks for everything lol. ;)
Deni
Congrats to everyone and keep making osu! more awesome. ;)
Mirage

Mara wrote:

Good job.
Stefan
Good job, good work!

I'd love to contribute Larto. :P
show more