forum

Any good upscroll mania skins?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pikazilla640
yes, I come from friday night funkin to get that out of the way and that game has utterly destroyed my ability to process a down scroll skin, I've mostly settled on a fnf skin that i found somewhere that ofc has upscroll but um, to put it mildly, it kinda looks like ass compared to other skins and the judgements have a tendency to block the note lane. I have a feeling I'm just sort of shit out of luck on this front and either have to rewire my brain or settle for that skin only considering there isn't exactly a very high demand for this, but might as well ask.

Also while I do come from the fnf community don't expect any really dumb hot takes from me, I know fnf didn't invent camellia and they did not invent Beethoven ect. Yes this also means I suck at hold notes which I'm gonna have to rewire my brain for, no fix for that.
THAT_otaku

Pikazilla640 wrote:

You can change any of downscroll skins you like to upscroll, if you don't have any just use google to find some that you like :) . By doing the opposite of this:

Full Tablet wrote:

Toggle off "Vertically Invert Playfield" in the mania key binding menu in-game if needed.

Check the values related to "UpsideDown" in the skin.ini file in the skin folder (open the file with wordpad).
help/wiki/Skinning/skin.ini#[mania]

Modify skin image files if needed to make them work (some skins have elements with non-standard sizes and proportions, that may break when flipping the stage; or some have elements that were flipped with an image editor instead of skin.ini values, you need to unflip those elements with and image editor again).
Topic Starter
Pikazilla640

THAT_otaku wrote:

Pikazilla640 wrote:

You can change any of downscroll skins you like to upscroll, if you don't have any just use google to find some that you like :) . By doing the opposite of this:

Full Tablet wrote:

Toggle off "Vertically Invert Playfield" in the mania key binding menu in-game if needed.

Check the values related to "UpsideDown" in the skin.ini file in the skin folder (open the file with wordpad).
help/wiki/Skinning/skin.ini#[mania]

Modify skin image files if needed to make them work (some skins have elements with non-standard sizes and proportions, that may break when flipping the stage; or some have elements that were flipped with an image editor instead of skin.ini values, you need to unflip those elements with and image editor again).
I just want to sincerely thank you for this cause I had no idea skins were so editable, unfortunately I've been unable to find a skin I like when flipped but this information has allowed me to do quite a bit of editting to the skin I was already using (such as adding bits of fanart as combobursts to spice up the visuals and changing the location of judgements). You've helped a ton and the only reason I haven't responded sooner is I've been engrossed in editing it lol.
GrGeorge1754
We come from the same community. In fact there is a FNF skin. Check it out here:
https://github.com/SaltsOsuSkins/FNF/releases/tag/v1.7
I also reccomend downloading the Shaggy one if you want to learn multikey