forum

[resolved] Remove Entire Sets from Collection

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
MatthewRobo
Quality of life, but I think it will help.

coughs

peppy has already improved how collections work by letting us quickly adding whole sets to a collection. This is useful for categorizing but if you need to undo an error you would have to constantly reclick and remove all the difficulties in the collection filter, and since the difficulty is removed from the collection, you're taken out of the collection and have to click on the collection and a different difficulty again.

On the other hand, if you use show all you are unable to tell which difficulty is in which collection quickly.

A way to resolve this is to have a "Remove Set from Collection" button similar to how there's an "Add Set to Collection" button, or instead make a toggle to change between adding difficulties and sets to removing difficulties and sets.

So since I'm terribad at writing, I don't know how to end this.

tl;dr - read the title

conclusion - please just do something
Oinari-sama
Eh what? What happened to the good old "Apply to mapset" checkbox?

We need either the "Apply to Mapset" box or a new "-Set" button. I didn't even notice that we've lost the ability to remove a whole set of maps until I saw this post. This is a big flaw for the Collections system imho until it is addressed.

PS. I love how one can drag the collection list to view a longer list now, keep up the good work!

EDIT:

If the screen real-estate was the reason for omitting the "-Set" button, we can consider removing the "+Set" button, leaving just the "+" and "-". Then make it so that when the "+" button is clicked twice, it displays "+Set" and adds the whole set to collection (ie similar to how SD turns into Perfect when clicked twice). Same for the "-" button.
peppy
The default remove behaviour should be "remove set". I don't think we need a remove difficulty button. I will change this in the next release.
Oinari-sama
Thanks a lot peppy, that was quick!