forum

ITT 2: We post shit that is neither funny nor interesting

posted
Total Posts
show more
Antlia-

Jordan wrote:

Raspberriel wrote:

I love how no one ever says a thing about the people hiring these illegals and actually defending them from deportation. This isn't even a new thing either, it's been happening since the 40s. Not to mention, if everyone saying "nuh-uh, we're only taking about the illegal Mexicans so we're not racist" was true to their intentions, why is "wetback" still being used against all Hispanics?

Also, if you ignore the Willis Tower, Millennium Park, the museum that has this painting and plenty of others, the other countless museums, a prestigious university, literally everything on the Magnificent Mile, etc. then sure, Chicago is a shithole. But if you only judge a major city by its bad neighborhoods, there aren't any "not shitty" cities left in America.

Even the safest parts of the place still have high levels of violent crime. By your logic you're judging that city only by its good (few) neighbourhoods. And whether a place is a shithole or not doesn't rely on how many museums and universities it has, it relies on how well one can live and stay there. If we counted that, Calcutta would stop being a shithole lol. And sure hiring illegal immigrants goes against the law. But most illegal immigrants are not angels who come to America to work and integrate within the culture, they are people who break the law and for sure don't want to contribute to the country that is hosting them. Illegal immigrants account for nearly 75 percent of federal drug sentences in the USA. You're defending the same people who contribute to ruin your country.

Sad that we live in a period of history where invaders not only are considered a non-issue, but are also defended.
first off you haven't even been to Chicago yet you say you know everything abt it

and I'm sure this is embarrassing
_handholding
Antlia-

Kisses wrote:

I don't understand straight people
Razzy

Kisses wrote:

where does "fingering someone's legs off" figure into this equation
_handholding

ahsoka08 wrote:

I don't understand straight people

I tried looking up gay men but ended up more interested in horses instead
Mahogany
Bronies and furfags
ColdTooth get in here
Hika
This fuckin weird ass guy walked into my job and looked so intently at my flat ass while I was helping customers. When he was directed upstairs, he stared at me a million times and peered over the wall before he went up. He then bought the shoes he wanted and sat down in my area, continuing to stare at my flat ass. It was just really creepy. I was almost afraid he'd wait for me to get off work to talk to me or something.
Rurree

ahsoka08 wrote:

Jordan wrote:

Stating that a significant part of illegal mexican immigrants are harmful for your country and stating that Chicago is a huge shithole is not racism, it's a fact
first off illegal mexican immigrants are actually benefiting our country economically rn, the vast majority of them are not criminals

Also the only reason Chicago is shit rn is because of the police brutality

Chicago is great bc their pizza is heavenly

Edit: Your daddy trump is going to get our nation anywhere, he's only going to make things worse
Well, fuck, I haven't been to the windy city but I know for sure that I'll be trying the stuffed sandwiches.
Razzy
I will say, however, that Chicago-style pizza is a travesty

(even though it's one of the few appropriate times to use the phrase "pizza pie")
abraker

Google wtf
_handholding

Hika wrote:

This fuckin weird ass guy walked into my job and looked so intently at my flat ass while I was helping customers. When he was directed upstairs, he stared at me a million times and peered over the wall before he went up. He then bought the shoes he wanted and sat down in my area, continuing to stare at my flat ass. It was just really creepy. I was almost afraid he'd wait for me to get off work to talk to me or something.
I know how you feel, I too am afraid of people trying to talk to me or something
B1rd
THEYRE TAKING ERR JERBS

Kudos to Jordan for actually putting in effort into his post (the main reason why I've never went after B1rd). I'll let up on my point re: Chicago, but do you really think the Mexicans are out to get us by sending in an army of drug runners? Sure, there are drug dealers in that crowd, but to paint even the migrant workers or people who overstay their visas into this crowd is just disingenuous.
Don't tell me I don't put effort into my posts. I put the most effort into my posts out of everyone. And mostly, I just get derision in return. You're the one being disingenuous if you can't even see a recent example where I have gone out of my way to explain my viewpoint concerning government-forced vaccination.

You care more about illegal immigrants than your own countrymen and ridicule those people who can't find jobs and are having a hard time economically, and you do this whilst carrying the air of moral superiority and condescension. This is exactly why your side lost the election. And yes, we all know that stating generalities about any group doesn't mean it applies to 100% of them, but it's irrelevant. On the whole, illegal immigrants are very bad for America.
Zain Sugieres
Oh you guys were saying something about Chicago, the first polish colony in NA :v
Razzy
Hey, I wasn't saying you didn't put in effort in your post. Sorry if it came across that way.
_handholding
xd
Razzy
Hey, I was trying to say I never complained about B1rd the way I did about Jordan because B1rd put forth an actual, backed-up argument and Jordan didn't (until now). So stop with this Chaotic Neutral BS you're pulling :/

P.S. B1rd, tell Trey Parker and Matt Stone they can't make jokes about anyone ever again.
Foxtrot
ITT:

Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

Don't tell me I don't put effort into my posts. I put the most effort into my posts out of everyone.
but whenever someone disagrees with you you just ignore them because your safe space can't handle intrusion

You care more about illegal immigrants than your own countrymen and ridicule those people who can't find jobs and are having a hard time economically, and you do this whilst carrying the air of moral superiority and condescension.
It's called caring about 'human rights', and the care is equal for both immigrants and countrymen. People who can't find jobs is simply a fact of how economics works. Economically, a country needs low-paid workers to do menial jobs that won't be taken by countrymen.
Also this moral superiority and condescension is literally just you feeling inadequate about yourself.

This is exactly why your side lost the election. And yes, we all know that stating generalities about any group doesn't mean it applies to 100% of them, but it's irrelevant. On the whole, illegal immigrants are very bad for America.
America is a country built on immigrants. Irish people were the Mexicans of that time. Now look at the place, they fucking love Irish people.
DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

THEYRE TAKING ERR JERBS

Kudos to Jordan for actually putting in effort into his post (the main reason why I've never went after B1rd). I'll let up on my point re: Chicago, but do you really think the Mexicans are out to get us by sending in an army of drug runners? Sure, there are drug dealers in that crowd, but to paint even the migrant workers or people who overstay their visas into this crowd is just disingenuous.
Don't tell me I don't put effort into my posts. I put the most effort into my posts out of everyone. And mostly, I just get derision in return. You're the one being disingenuous if you can't even see a recent example where I have gone out of my way to explain my viewpoint concerning government-forced vaccination.

You care more about illegal immigrants than your own countrymen and ridicule those people who can't find jobs and are having a hard time economically, and you do this whilst carrying the air of moral superiority and condescension. This is exactly why your side lost the election. And yes, we all know that stating generalities about any group doesn't mean it applies to 100% of them, but it's irrelevant. On the whole, illegal immigrants are very bad for America.
Immigration is pretty much always a net gain economically, though, unless they were costing the country MASSIVELY by abusing welfare. Considering that America's welfare system is well known for being inadequate, I find it hard to believe that they're an overall cost to the country they're coming into.

Could you detail why you don't like immigrants if you're a big proponent of an unrestricted, free market capitalist economy?
N0thingSpecial
What the actual fuck can't we just be equally racist to each other?
winber1
nothing
_handholding

N0thingSpecial wrote:

What the actual fuck can't we just be equally racist to each other?
I don't hate races, just genders

winber1 wrote:

nothing
is okay
B1rd

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Immigration is pretty much always a net gain economically, though, unless they were costing the country MASSIVELY by abusing welfare. Considering that America's welfare system is well known for being inadequate, I find it hard to believe that they're an overall cost to the country they're coming into.

Could you detail why you don't like immigrants if you're a big proponent of an unrestricted, free market capitalist economy?
I don't know what your reasoning is behind claiming that immigrants are a net gain economically. This is veritably untrue and can be seen simply by looking at Europe; immigrants have cost many countries millions of dollars in housing costs and various welfare schemes. Many can't even speak English and they are the furthest thing you could be from being economically adapted to be a benefit to their country. What's more, they commit much more crime and generate lots of social unrest. They have lots of babies and their children continue to be a burden economically and contribute to crime rates.
Now that's talking about 'refugees' from the Middle East. Illegal immigrants from Mexico aren't the same but they still share lots of characteristics. As Jordan mentioned, they are responsible for lots of crime and drugs. They also consume welfare at a lot higher rate than the natives, and I can't say for certain but this would indicate that they are not a economic benefit for a country. Obviously they can only work low-skilled jobs at best, otherwise they would be able to immigrate legally.

What's more concerning than this however, is their ability to shift demographics in their favour and influence a country's politics. You see, back in the Cold War when the faults of Communism were being exposed, left wing parties were understandably unpopular. Since they couldn't influence public opinion though facts, they actually resorted to importing voters from third-world countries. Statistically, people from third world and poor countries vote for left-wing, big-government policies and a much higher rate than white people. So it doesn't take much deductive ability to understand why the Democrats would want more immigration. They don't do so out of a desire to help other people, but to buy votes through a cycle or welfare dependence, which actually entrenches certain groups into inter-generational poverty.

Now, I am actually in favour of unrestricted immigration if we're talking about a proper libertarian society. There, there is no forced redistribution of resources to people, and they can't vote themselves money. So people are free to immigrate, but they will have to have valuable skills than can benefit the economy of their destination country. Otherwise there will be no point for them to immigrate if they can't make a living there. Also, there would be no state holding a gun to people's head forcing them to serve and hire people they don't want to. If say, a certain group immigrated to a country and caused a lot of trouble there, then likely they would be economically ostracised, by means of people not hiring them, or buying or selling to them.

So basically, immigration in itself is a good thing for economies, just not in our current society. The welfare states that we live in necessitate strong border control.
Razzy

Foxtrot wrote:

ITT:

yeah, I'm like the number one cause of that

I should just fuck off forever tbh
Mahogany
ITT: People's lives and wellbeing somehow don't have an inherent value
Antlia-
I hate when ppl are like "they're stealing our jobs" like bitch if want a job go to a McDonalds and pick up an application, that's what the immigrants are doing, they're not stealing jobs, your dusty ass is just to lazy to get up and get one
Blitzfrog
TLDR

How was your day
Antlia-

Blitzfrog wrote:

TLDR

How was your day
It's shitty af, tangerine nightmare is gonna be our pres
winber1

ahsoka08 wrote:

I hate when ppl are like "they're stealing our jobs" like bitch if want a job go to a McDonalds and pick up an application, that's what the immigrants are doing, they're not stealing jobs, your dusty ass is just to lazy to get up and get one
tbh asians are pretty much stealing jobs in places like tech companies and bio research, but at the same time they also probably work a lot harder for it as well in their own way.

then there's me
DaddyCoolVipper

B1rd wrote:

I don't know what your reasoning is behind claiming that immigrants are a net gain economically. This is veritably untrue and can be seen simply by looking at Europe; immigrants have cost many countries millions of dollars in housing costs and various welfare schemes. Many can't even speak English and they are the furthest thing you could be from being economically adapted to be a benefit to their country. What's more, they commit much more crime and generate lots of social unrest. They have lots of babies and their children continue to be a burden economically and contribute to crime rates.
"A report released by the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation in November 2015 found that over the period January–September 2015, the crime rate of refugees was the same as that of native Germans."
"despite a 440 percent increase in migrants, crime among that group only increased by 79 percent last year"
etc
Pretty much every statistic I've ever heard has said that immigrants' crimerates are either the same or lower than that of natives. The first result suggesting otherwise was fucking Breitbart- can you link a reputable source for claims like "they commit much more crime"?

Immigrants cost governments a lot of money from welfare, but they're also working. Male immigrants in the UK have either equal or higher employment rates than natives of the country. The economic growth provided by immigrants working in a country's economy actually ends up benefiting all classes of people. I don't know specific statistics behind whether or not immigrants are a net cost because that depends on how much welfare they take in, and I don't have those numbers VS their economic output, but I really doubt that they cost the country THAT much. And I'm thinking of Europe when I say this, since you mentioned refugees. America is surely in a pretty damn good position when it comes to benefits vs costs considering that their welfare system is quite terrible.

B1rd wrote:

Now that's talking about 'refugees' from the Middle East. Illegal immigrants from Mexico aren't the same but they still share lots of characteristics. As Jordan mentioned, they are responsible for lots of crime and drugs.
"Incarceration rate for foreign born: 0.86%, i.e. about a quarter of that for the US born. (non-Hispanic whites 0.57%, non-Hispanic blacks 2.47%, Hispanics ranges from 0.2% to 2.2% based on country of origin, if we exclude Puerto Ricans, who are US citizens, Asians ranges from 0.1% to 0.9%)"
i.e. non-US-born citizens commit crime about 1/4 as much, this is including illegal immigrants

B1rd wrote:

They also consume welfare at a lot higher rate than the natives, and I can't say for certain but this would indicate that they are not an economic benefit for a country. Obviously they can only work low-skilled jobs at best, otherwise they would be able to immigrate legally.
Not necessarily, actually. Waiting lists for legal immigrants can be incredibly fucked up, so some people are willing to pay a lot of money to legally get across the border. That's not including the fact that a significant amount of people (40% being an acceptable estimate) immigrate by overstaying their visa after legally entering America, which doesn't really suggest much about how much money they have.

B1rd wrote:

What's more concerning than this however, is their ability to shift demographics in their favour and influence a country's politics. You see, back in the Cold War when the faults of Communism were being exposed, left wing parties were understandably unpopular. Since they couldn't influence public opinion though facts, they actually resorted to importing voters from third-world countries. Statistically, people from third world and poor countries vote for left-wing, big-government policies and a much higher rate than white people. So it doesn't take much deductive ability to understand why the Democrats would want more immigration. They don't do so out of a desire to help other people, but to buy votes through a cycle or welfare dependence, which actually entrenches certain groups into inter-generational poverty.
Holy fucking tinfoil hat, this is why you don't read too much Breitbart, that site kills braincells

B1rd wrote:

Now, I am actually in favour of unrestricted immigration if we're talking about a proper libertarian society. There, there is no forced redistribution of resources to people, and they can't vote themselves money. So people are free to immigrate, but they will have to have valuable skills than can benefit the economy of their destination country. Otherwise there will be no point for them to immigrate if they can't make a living there. Also, there would be no state holding a gun to people's head forcing them to serve and hire people they don't want to. If say, a certain group immigrated to a country and caused a lot of trouble there, then likely they would be economically ostracised, by means of people not hiring them, or buying or selling to them.

So basically, immigration in itself is a good thing for economies, just not in our current society. The welfare states that we live in necessitate strong border control.
I just feel like the main problem with your argument is that you say they're a net cost on the economy because of how much they use the welfare system, but you don't actually even know if they are or not. You're just using the "feels" argument pretty much, in that you ASSUME immigrants are a net cost just because they use more welfare than natives. It's easy to get emotionally attached to it, but try not to make that kind of argument if you don't actually have a clue about the statistics. There's a reason why I'm not saying anything myself about the subject- because I don't actually know the numbers myself. My assumption, based on supply-side economics, would be that all kinds of immigrants would be a boon to any economy since you're straight up increasing the supply (and therefore the economic power/potential) of labour for that particular economy.

Statistics that I've seen seem to show a decent net gain (~30%+) when it comes to money spent vs money received through taxation (not to mention taxation isn't the only benefit), but those are just what I personally have seen, and haven't really gone in any depth to verify how precisely correct those are.

edit: final note, saying "ofc immigrants are a net cost, just look at europe! they cost money!" is a very silly argument when you're not going to talk about how much they produce
silmarilen
ITT: source?
DaddyCoolVipper
hey cmon man i only asked for it like once or twice
lol
remove kebab, black and caramels
_handholding

lol wrote:

remove kebab, black and caramels
and crackers
Hika
tbh just quit talking bout murrika if ya don't fuckin live here!!! :D
I just met this stupid ass trump supporter who was cussing out my coworker today bc he couldn't find the shoe for him. Said he should be over the wall. So disappointed.
Mahogany
America's actions affect the rest of the world a lot so no pls outsiders have good reason to talk about it :(
Hika
oh no I was talkin about the whole immigrants thing

that's frustrating bc they are hard workin ppl
B1rd
I'm gonna talk about it, if I want to.
Hika
ok go do it then!!!
B1rd
I'm gonna.
show more