forum

Request votekick

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +171
Topic Starter
Puremaster101
you should make a votekick host system or something
because who doesnt hate the host who is afk. and it is full room. and noone starts.....
boat
Oh man how much it would be abused. I don't disagree with it being handy, but I'm expecting so many complaints about uncalled for votekicks if it goes through.
deadbeat
yeah, boat about sums it up. i'll give it a few more replies though
VoidnOwO
In another game there's a system that kicks the host if everyone else is ready for over a minute.

I don't like the idea of vote kicking though.
MCB
Hm, maybe give the host some kind of timer before actually vote-kicking? Like a combination of the concept from the other game and the OP's idea. Maybe give the host about one minute for activity before actually votekicking.
Knarf
Maybe when someone starts the votekick, the host will be kicked only if he is afk for 1 minute. During this 1 minute the host can object in any time.
boat
I don't quite agree with this being necessary particularly because of afk hosts. Leave and play somewhere else if you're not fond of the current room, it's their game room, not yours.

Rather, this could be useful against toxic users who the host may disregard and not bother taking care of, but I can't see it working well nonetheless. People getting votekicked all over the place because of butthurt and bias. One user per game room with the rights to kick players is sufficient, and if the person in question is a major asshat then you should perhaps reconsider what multiplayer games you join.
Oinari-sama

boat wrote:

I don't quite agree with this being necessary particularly because of afk hosts. Leave and play somewhere else if you're not fond of the current room, it's their game room, not yours.
This can still happen in your own game if it's a "Pass the host to the person below" room. It takes time to build up the room and it takes only 1 bad apple to ruin it. (I'll only consider in this thread the scenario where the new host doesn't start the game on time. A "room hijack" scenario will have to be dealt with by another mechanism such as t/99948)

I can see the votekick being abused too. What about a "vote-start" instead?

When everyone in the room (ignore the host) is Ready, they're given option to "vote-start" the game. The game will start after 30s if there's no input from the host and a Yes vote from everyone. The host have the option to force start the game sooner and bypass the 30s countdown. After the game, the host will be given 30s to click on the change map button to show that he's not AFK, or else the host will be passed to another player.

Once again, this alteration does not deal with the room hijack scenario. Unless that other request is implemented, the best protection this alteration can offer to the room creator is to have a friend in the room to prevent the vote-start.
Mysterious

Oinari-sama wrote:

boat wrote:

This can still happen in your own game if it's a "Pass the host to the person below" room. It takes time to build up the room and it takes only 1 bad apple to ruin it. (I'll only consider in this thread the scenario where the new host doesn't start the game on time. A "room hijack" scenario will have to be dealt with by another mechanism such as t/99948)

I can see the votekick being abused too. What about a "vote-start" instead?

When everyone in the room (ignore the host) is Ready, they're given option to "vote-start" the game. The game will start after 30s if there's no input from the host and a Yes vote from everyone. The host have the option to force start the game sooner and bypass the 30s countdown. After the game, the host will be given 30s to click on the change map button to show that he's not AFK, or else the host will be passed to another player.

Once again, this alteration does not deal with the room hijack scenario. Unless that other request is implemented, the best protection this alteration can offer to the room creator is to have a friend in the room to prevent the vote-start.

+1

I think that vote-start is a better idea, than the vote-kick idea.
chelly
Why not just have the host automatically transferred to another user if he/she has been inactive for an x amount of time?
XPJ38

chelly wrote:

Why not just have the host automatically transferred to another user if he/she has been inactive for an x amount of time?
It's somewhat already the case: host is kicked out of room if he is AFK for a determined period of time.
OnosakiHito
I agree with boat.
Arcanine
i like this idea, but this can be abused pretty hard. it does help if the host is afk or something.
Dexus
Don't vote kick, just vote shuffle the room host. It'd be more friendly and unbiased that way.
Also using a sort of vote shuffle host would allow for a nice way of having unbiased multi without people having to worry about pass downs and such.

Also timeout kicks for host is bad because someone may AFK on purpose and everyone is willing to wait.

Vote kicking and kicking in general seems like a very negative idea.
Mysterious
When the host is afk for a certain amount of time, there should be something that allows the people to choose wheter they want the host kicked or not...at least 50% of the people in the room must agree to kick the host until the host is autokicked.
Macacito
if this gets implemented im going to abuse it just saying
DENKOUSEKKA
Why not have it autokick?
When all the players are ready (except the host), have a certain time limit setup so when the host is afk for x amount of time, it kicks him from the lobby and selects a random host.
XPJ38

XPJ38 wrote:

chelly wrote:

It's somewhat already the case: host is kicked out of room if he is AFK for a determined period of time.
Pituophis
I like the votestart idea.
Airee
+Support
But it should shuffle or votestart
show more