forum

Why do mappers make notes too small or sliders too fast

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Off_Brand_Water
When I see a map like that, I instantly stop playing. It's not fun for me, and I personally don't see a reason for doing it. When I mean too fast of sliders, I mean slider speeds that just don't fit the song in the slightest. It could be a really slow and calm 80 bpm song, yet the slider ball is here, there, and gone. And for circles, I again don't see a reason for it. Like in Honesty, (beatmapsets/814850#osu/1779936 ( the fourth difficulty )) one of the difficulties has much too tiny of circles, and I just don't see a point for it.

I might be crazy for not liking these things, but can someone tell me why they do it lol
THAT_otaku
They do it most notably because there are other people that enjoy it, but also to be creative and to be different, because there aren't alot of maps like that in the scheme of things. Furthermore, assuming you're talking about ranked maps, if it was ranked in the past 10 years then there's a very high chance that the SV and/or CS does actually represent the song just fine from a mapping perspective.
DeletedUser_13957006
don't play irreversible's maps then you'll hate them
WitherMite
people get bored of CS4
lewski
to be fair that cs6 honesty is pretty pointless but dude how can you possibly think the entire playerbase only likes the stuff you like
7ambda
Caput Mortuum
that's like asking people why people make maps for mania when standard players can't play it
Nao Tomori
that happens a lot more than you'd expect ^
Zelzatter Zero
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other won't.
TheKingHenry
it's also worth noting that maps like the example you linked (aka, Loved maps), may at times be more eccentric than the average respective experience in ranked section as well, just saying

but generally the thing is basically like everyone has been saying here already