forum

What is your opinion on dead games and what are your favourite games that succumbed to this fate?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dight_
Feel free to define what a dead game is yourself. It seems like everyone has their own definition.
THAT_otaku
If it's a multiplayer-only or almost multiplayer-only game then big sad, only time you can play em is with the bois. Any other games that are "dead" don't really change in any way for me.

Saddest video game deaths for me were Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 :?
Neigdoig
I set up decks for a game considered dead using Cockatrice. Anybody remember WWE Raw Deal from the early 2000's?
TheKingHenry

Mico091 wrote:

Feel free to define what a dead game is yourself. It seems like everyone has their own definition.
came here to say "depends on the definition of a dead game" lol

I personally don't think game is dead until there's practically no one playing it anymore, for example due incompatibility with modern systems or simple unavailability. On the other hand, I guess it could be said that multiplayer-oriented games "die faster", while single player -only don't rely on playerbases to similar extent to "stay alive". I guess one "dead game" I particularly enjoyed back in the day was the original Trackmania, which has long since stopped working out of the box with modern systems. Later games such as TMUF contain the environments anyways so no one really meddles with the original anymore

there are also plethora of single player games that may or may not be more or less dead, but I have no idea considering I haven't played them myself - or followed their current state - for like 20 years
Eunbi
Overwatch is a dead game.
Leo-Wan Kenobi

Mico091 wrote:

The crew (original) was the saddest for me but also battlefront 1
Britney Spears
rip h1z1
Ohara

mantra wrote:

rip h1z1
I played H1Z1 in around 2016-2017 iirc, for a few minutes. I got bored of it and instantly uninstalled the game and never heard anything about the game itself ever since, until today and you're the one made me remember it lol.
Eunbi
cringe
Anaxii

Eunbi wrote:

cringe
nice necro