forum

[Archived] Song replaying and extra spinner

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Derpspace
Problem details: The replay doesn't show this but when I paused my game on the last spinner of the map, the game froze and began playing the song again as the pause menu appeared. When I unpaused, the song played all the way through with no notes. The final spinner did appear though and i had a longer period than usual to spin. Could definitely be a problem for shorter/easier maps as the play did submit.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/YG1EU_6cu30 (replay as i wasn't recording at the time)

osu! version: Stable 20210520.2 (latest)
THAT_otaku
Was this a one time occurance? If so, theres nothing to worry about (except u said it submitted, so if ut gave u a score advantage somehow u should request to get it removed)
If it hapoens often, Does this happen for multiple maps or only just this one? If its just this map, first restart your computer. If theres no difference, try deleting/reinstalling that map
Topic Starter
Derpspace

THAT_otaku wrote:

Was this a one time occurance? If so, theres nothing to worry about (except u said it submitted, so if ut gave u a score advantage somehow u should request to get it removed)
If it hapoens often, Does this happen for multiple maps or only just this one? If its just this map, first restart your computer. If theres no difference, try deleting/reinstalling that map
So far i haven't been able to recreate so it is most likely a 1 time occurrence.
Magnus Cosmos
Did you unplug any audio devices (or did anything happen with your audio drivers while you were playing)?
This bug usually happens when the game cannot find an audio device (which restarts the audio, then reloads it when a device is found).
Topic Starter
Derpspace

Magnus Cosmos wrote:

Did you unplug any audio devices (or did anything happen with your audio drivers while you were playing)?
This bug usually happens when the game cannot find an audio device (which restarts the audio, then reloads it when a device is found).
I didn't unplug anything but my drivers might have died.