forum

[resolved] How do I really turn off mouse acceleration (if this is really my issue)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GianniTrattore
I used to play osu some years ago but stopped becauase when I got to 5+ plus maps playing became really frustrating because of this issue. The probelm is I always find my mouse position going more and more up on my desk as I play (it also feels like the pointer moves way slower is some instances), so I thought and still think that the problem is mouse acceleration. I disabled it but still find the same issued stated before, so I was wondering if there could be another problem or if disabling "Enhance pointer precision" is not enough. Thank you.

The mouse I'm using is a logitech g502, so I'm also using the logitech gaming software for managing presets and whatnot (ver. 9.02), maybe there's some more setting in here that are getting in my way?
Dntm8kmeeatu
You can enable Raw input in osu! to be super sure.
You might be experiencing Mouse Drift, which a totally different issue.

No mouse is absolutely 100% 1:1 and not an absolute positioning device, so even with raw input and acceleration disabled;
Your mouse can drift physically from where it started, especially with many large movements.

You'll have to look up that issue on Google if people have any suggestions to deal with it.
Topic Starter
GianniTrattore
Thank you, that didn't fix the drifting completely as you said but I don't feel any accelaration anymore.