forum

PP rank and raw pp?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SSinS_BlEh
I have around 50mil ranked score. A few SS,S and As yet why don't i have any pp rank? :justcurious:
Wishy
Probably none of your scores gives even 1 pp.
Topic Starter
SSinS_BlEh
could you explain more?
Wishy
You have 0 pp = you have no rank.

Can't think of anything else.
Topic Starter
SSinS_BlEh
as in why no pp? the map rank not high enuff?
GoldenWolf
Yes
It just mean your scores doesn't worth any pp and you have to rank higher.
Dooms
Yeah, you have to get top 1000 on a song with good accuracy in order to get PP from my understanding.
Wishy

SSinS_BlEh wrote:

as in why no pp? the map rank not high enuff?
You are probably playing Easy and Normal difficulties which itself are worth pretty much nothing... unless you get in the top ranks which would require you to apply lots of mods to your play.
Topic Starter
SSinS_BlEh
ah i see i see thanks alot guys :)
XK2238

Dooms wrote:

Yeah, you have to get top 1000 on a song with good accuracy in order to get PP from my understanding.
it's around 400-600, iirc

also remember that accuracy also affects how much pp will you get, and some other factors. For more details, check this out.
GoldenWolf

XK2238 wrote:

Dooms wrote:

It was top643 8 months ago, and it's probably higher by now
TakuMii

XK2238 wrote:

Dooms wrote:

also remember that accuracy also affects how much pp will you get, and some other factors. For more details, check this out.
It was top 500 when PP was introduced, and peppy has been increasing it slowly ever since. I think it's around top 800-top 1000 now.
lolcubes

XK2238 wrote:

Dooms wrote:

It's around 800 now and keeps expanding. I can guarantee you this since I usually end up in 750~850 range in taiko maps (if i don't fc haha) and pp changes.
Sohma99
Still weird that he's got 0 pp...
I mean It's not that hard to get in the top 800 at least once in more than 1k play and get like 1 or 2 pp (I mean, even normal and easy should give pp when you have 0).
TakuMii
Most of the stuff you played are highly-contested, which explains why you haven't gotten even 1 pp.
For example, I've FC'ed your most played song according to your profile (LiSA - crossing field (TV Size) [Normal] by CXu), and still ended up with a place of 15,000. There's no way you'd ever get PP from that unless you can FC it with 2-3 difficulty mods.
I'd suggest moving up to Hard-diff maps, learning how to play with difficulty mods, or finding old/lesser played maps to FC.
Oinari-sama

Sohma99 wrote:

I mean It's not that hard to get in the top 800 at least once in more than 1k play and get like 1 or 2 pp (I mean, even normal and easy should give pp when you have 0).
Unless he got those S/SS over a year ago, or has been out of action for a long time. Natural decay would've reduced it back to 0 if that's the case. Couldn't get much info just by looking at his profile alone.
darkmiz

Oinari-sama wrote:

Sohma99 wrote:

Unless he got those S/SS over a year ago, or has been out of action for a long time. Natural decay would've reduced it back to 0 if that's the case. Couldn't get much info just by looking at his profile alone.
pp doesn't decay much after one year, my best performance has a play over 15 months old (and it's even a normal diff)
winber1
it's not really something to worry about really. Just play for fun and and you will get better. Despite pp rank's flaws, if you are at least interested in the game, your rank will appear sooner or later.