forum

The Coin Game | Sign-Ups Open!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

Updated the game into the basic version, due to not enough participants for the advanced version. Advanced version will be played instead if enough participants are gathered.

Write /in if you want to join. Feel free to ask questions if something is unclear.

Current Signups:

The basic version of the game goes as follows:

- Each player will start with 1000 coins.
- Every round, you must DM me with the number of coins you wish to bid.
- Your coins will be deducted on the next round by how many coins you spent on the previous round.
- The player who bids the lowest number of coins in each round is out.
- The player who submits the second lowest will get 50% of their spent coins back.
- If a tie occurs, both players will be eliminated/get their coins back.
- The last player standing wins!
- And most importantly, have fun!

The new standings after this process, will be the current round standings posted after each round, however the update log that lead to it will be part of it so that players can understand how things happened.

Scheduling:

- The normal deadline per round will be 24h, but if every participant has already submitted their bid, the round will end early, deadline for the next round will still be as if it had started a day later as normally planned however, to account for players not noticing an earlier start into the next round. This allows the game to progress much faster, if people are active, without accidentally punishing people.
- If a player hasn't submit anything by the time the deadline is met, they will automatically spend twice as much as the highest bid of the round. If not enough coins are left to do this, I'll use my own discretion to decide a fair amount or disqualify as necessary. They will also be given a strike if this happens, 2 strikes and you're out immediately.

Advanced Coin Game
The advanced version of the game goes as follows:

- Each player will start with 1000 coins.
- Every round, you must DM me with the number of coins you wish to bid.
- Your coins will be deducted on the next round by how many coins you spent on the previous round.
- The player who bids the lowest number of coins in each round is out.
- The player who submits the second lowest will get 50% of their spent coins back.
- The player who submits the second highest will get their spent coins back.
- If a tie occurs, both players will be eliminated/get their coins back. In addition to this, the amount they bid will be granted to the player who currently holds the least coins.
- Once there are only 5 players remaining, counted after elimination, up until there are only 3 at the start of the round, whenever a player is eliminated, their remaining coins are given to the player with the least remaining coins. If more than 500 coins are inherited, all coins past 500 will be given to the player with the 2nd least coins.
- Final round only, if you bid within 50 coins of your maximum possible bid, you will not be eliminated if you end up with the lowest bid of the round. However, even if no one is eliminated, this round will not be repeated and players will be ranked by the amount of coins they have left and the game will conclude.
- The last player standing wins!
- And most importantly, have fun!

Order of Events that depends on Coins:
- Coin inheritence checks for the remaining coins after the bids, before coin back and any coins being awarded.
- Coins back happens 2nd.
- Ties resulting in coins being granted happens last.

The new standings after this process, will be the current round standings posted after each round, however the update log that lead to it will be part of it so that players can understand how things happened.

Scheduling:

- The normal deadline per round will be 24h, but if every participant has already submitted their bid, the round will end early, deadline for the next round will still be as if it had started a day later as normally planned however, to account for players not noticing an earlier start into the next round. This allows the game to progress much faster, if people are active, without accidentally punishing people.
- If a player hasn't submit anything by the time the deadline is met, they will automatically spend twice as much as the highest bid of the round. If not enough coins are left to do this, I'll use my own discretion to decide a fair amount or disqualify as necessary. They will also be given a strike if this happens, 2 strikes and you're out immediately.
[RUE]Bambinex
This game looks really unbalanced, but hey let's see!

/in
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

bambinex wrote:

This game looks really unbalanced, but hey let's see!

/in
I've hosted this game many times, the current rules are the result of a lot feedback from many rounds of hosting this game + discussion, they are quite well tested at this point. The base version lacks a lot of depth, and not many comeback mechanics, with these, you always have something to strategize with. If you have any specific concerns or change suggestions, go ahead though. I'll consider it.
Joon Yorigami
I dont understand anything but hey I have nothing to do

/in
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

Yhuan Debeste wrote:

I dont understand anything but hey I have nothing to do

/in
Simple version is, you have 1k coins, you bid, which is deducted. If you end up as lowest bid of the round, you are eliminated, last person standing wins. All the other rules are just extra mechanics, you'll understand them after a few rounds imo
Joon Yorigami
I'm not letting this die
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

Yhuan Debeste wrote:

I'm not letting this die
samX500
oh, I missed this, it's been so long since I've played this.

I am in!
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

samX500 wrote:

I am in!
If it isn't the first champion, sam. Have you been doing well? FG seems a lot less active nowadays, but I'll stay patient and hopefully manage to get some rounds going. Hosting these has always been fun for me as well
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
Bump. 3 Signups so far
Joon Yorigami
why are people only interested in the generic games...
[ Rynn ]
/in

dont understand but ill go for this anyways
Topic Starter
Kyomaku

Yhuan Debeste wrote:

why are people only interested in the generic games...
Dunno, I've been a part of FG for many years, seems like the attention span and complexity of games lowered quite a bit. Used to be a lot of creativity here years ago.
samX500

Kyomaku wrote:

samX500 wrote:

I am in!
If it isn't the first champion, sam. Have you been doing well? FG seems a lot less active nowadays, but I'll stay patient and hopefully manage to get some rounds going. Hosting these has always been fun for me as well
I have been doing fine if not tired due to now going into higher education. I have been much less active myself, it's been a while since I posted in FG, I don't post much in OT either.
Farfocele
/in
Farfocele
when do we start?
Topic Starter
Kyomaku
When we have enough, the game is a lot better with more people, ideally at least 10. We currently are halfway there at 5 signups. Hopeful that at least a few more people join, I wouldn't mind starting at like 8.. There is a different version of this game that works better with 5 people, but that's a plan c as of now.
NotRaffi
I don't understand completely but eh, im bored as a turtle in the beach

/in
Farfocele
don't let this die.
Joon Yorigami
@FG lurkers

anyone...?
show more