forum

[invalid] Account Purge / Username Requests

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
spookysaur
This is a simple one. A lot of games do this.
There are a lot of inactive accounts, troll accounts, multi-accounts etc.
Overall they just don't really need to be there if no one is using them.

-

To avoid accounts losing their username and wanting them back etc. I think it would be smart to purge any accounts with a low playcount, haven't been seen in a certain amount of time etc.

Then for the accounts that used to be fairly active, high playcount, but haven't been seen in years. (Example profile for me would be Spooky, an og name but a completely inactive account) Then I think there should be a username request system where we can request for a username to be made available because the original account is inactive. You can even email them about the username request to see if they care about the name.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this or refine my suggestions so if anyone has any ideas please leave them below. I'll try to edit this and list them here.

It's weird but I know a lot of people that enjoy a game more if they have the name they want...

Ideas
- Purge accounts with low playcount + haven't been seen
- Allow people to take the usernames of those accounts instead
- Create a username request system if an account has been inactive for a while
- Contact users about said system
THAT_otaku

You should read osu!'s rules, you can only ever have 1 account per player. This would be extremely unfair not only because of this rule, but also just in general.

I might add that inactive accounts are already taken off of the global leaderboard, thats enough really

These are literally already a thing, you can take the usernames of inactive accounts, read here: wiki/en/Help_Centre/Account#can-i-take-another-player's-username?

In conclusion, part of this will never be added to the game as it goes against core rules essentially, and part of this is already a thing
Topic Starter
spookysaur

THAT_otaku wrote:

You should read osu!'s rules, you can only ever have 1 account per player. This would be extremely unfair not only because of this rule, but also just in general.

I might add that inactive accounts are already taken off of the global leaderboard, thats enough really

These are literally already a thing, you can take the usernames of inactive accounts, read here: wiki/en/Help_Centre/Account#can-i-take-another-player's-username?

In conclusion, part of this will never be added to the game as it goes against core rules essentially, and part of this is already a thing
I saw that you could take SOME usernames for very inactive accounts, plus it's definitely possible for people to still make multiple accounts so whether it's against the rules or no, I'm talking about purging accounts that were made and never used, or rarely ever used. They could make their accounts again later on but there are DEFINITELY multi accounts.

Plus, if other games do this, which a lot do then I think it's definitely possible for it to considered into osu! just with the right rules and guidelines behind it. I'm certain there's a way to do it successfully.
abraker

spookysaur wrote:

I'm talking about purging accounts that were made and never used, or rarely ever used. They could make their accounts again later on but there are DEFINITELY multi accounts.
but why spend resources doing this?
Death
You can already take the names of accounts that were made and never used within a relatively short amount of time. See this interactive graph for exactly how long based on their playcount.

As far as I'm concerned, what you want to accomplish is already implemented. There is no need for "purging" or whatever. Any system like that would likely be much more stringent anyway because your request is far more destructive than changing an account's username (which is what happens when you take someone's name currently).